Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Lord. That thought takes me back...when I first got Hekitty, she wasn't much larger than her head is now!
Just about 10 months ago this wonderful cat walked into our lives and into our hearts. She didn't get to stay but left behind a Frog and Toad for us to remember her by. Tera got her forever home too.
That first moment I put her in a crate on a big fluffy pillow with her two healthy babies and Tera went nuts treading on it. OMgosh she was so freaking happy to have that soft bed. She loved anything soft to lay on. it was so wonderful to watch her coat start to shine and the babies grow and that horrible wait for someone else to see the magic in Tera. And how Mercy bloomed taking care of those babies. Even Mook has learned to play with them.
Cat introductions. You don't see the progress day to day it sneaks in and then one day you realize they're all family.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And a wonderful family, it is. AND I know your heart rests easier knowing that Tera is loved and in her own home now, as well.

I don't quite know why, but I just grin like a possum every time I see Mercy.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy and a baby.JPG Mercy has went through such a transformation since she took over baby duty. Even though we were 99.99% sure Mercy was going to be good we still went though an introduction with her and the babies. She was so overjoyed to get into that back room and see them.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cute. Did she love Mook at first sight too?
Well yes/no. Mercy was fine with Mook. Mook spent the first night Mercy was home alternating between trying to chew through the ceiling and getting under the covers with me and growling at me.
Mercy

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow. Revisiting Mercy's thread really took me back. She's come such a long way, and now she's an incredible aunty. Mook's doing better than one might expect, given that it's Mook, but that lady has reserves I've only begun to see. And of course, Toad and Frog are...just...Toad and Frog.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Revisiting Mercy's thread really took me back. She's come such a long way, and now she's an incredible aunty. Mook's doing better than one might expect, given that it's Mook, but that lady has reserves I've only begun to see. And of course, Toad and Frog are...just...Toad and Frog.
It was painful to go back there. We were in such a world of fresh raw hurt. Mercy is so darn precious. Toad and Frog today. For me all of my threads have bled one into the other almost like chapters in a diary.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I think I understand. I feel as if I have actually been on a journey with you. The story of you and your cats has touched my heart and actually changed who I am. Thank you.
The pain is there every single day. The most important lesson we took away from this is that grief does not have to diminish your ability to love again and loving again does not mean you love something lost less.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is one of the hardest lessons, but one of the most necessary. I hate that you went through it. Hated it then, hate it now.

And OH, how your hearts have stretched! Mercy, then Tera and Toad and Frog, even though Tera was just passing through on her way to her forever home, it was your love that made her a cat ready to FIND that home!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
This is one of the hardest lessons, but one of the most necessary. I hate that you went through it. Hated it then, hate it now.

And OH, how your hearts have stretched! Mercy, then Tera and Toad and Frog, even though Tera was just passing through on her way to her forever home, it was your love that made her a cat ready to FIND that home!
I wish you could have met Tera. She was one of the special ones. What she put up with that first few days is remarkable. She simply put her trust in me to take care of her and her babies. Lesser cats would have removed my hide but she never once in all of this offered teeth or claws.
We cherish each day of our cats lives while someone didn't think twice about dumping her outside.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:flail: OH MOOK!!! If you got any cuter than that picture, you would be illegal in 27 states!