Tender moments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And now a NOT SO TENDER MOMENT!

Never be so foolish to think your reflexes are faster than those of a cat on catnip......ouch. Arnold was more shocked than I, he jumped up, stopped playing and stared at me.....my fault

Purr-fect Purr-fect - Tender or otherwise Arnold is incredibly handsome (as is Greg, of course). As to even thinking that, "your reflexes are faster than those of a cat" - nothing on earth is (although in the water, the Penaeid Shrimp achieves acceleration velocities approaching 200 meters per second - roughly Mach .59, or the speed of a .22 rimfire rifle bullet with an indoor load). The domestic cat easily eludes the Puff Adder's ≅116 mps strike acceleration - the second-fastest standing-start motion of terrestrial animals.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a new game I have developed for the boys amusement. ...I call it .....appropriately. ......"bleeding finger". We dont play it often, only once ive forgotten how much it can hurt.

Entirely my fault, he wasnt trying to hurt me, just excited on cat nip. The instant I yelped (syringes dont usually hurt me, but his single claw did), he immediately jumped up stopped playing and stared at me.

These boys have big claws and like all cats, they are curved so the more you pull away, the deeper they dig in.......if you can get over the pain....its really quite impressive. They have literally sliced thru our leather furniture, just playing running and pivoting on it........not using it to scratch and sharpen their claws.

How can a paw, so velvety, shimmering, and wrapped in soft warm fur.....be such an effective weapon? Rhetorical question....I know first hand.

So I guess this was a "tenderizing" moment (tenderizing my finger)
How can a paw, so velvety, shimmering, and wrapped in soft warm fur.....be such an effective weapon?
Oh! I know! When Gypsy wraps her paws & claw tips around my arm I instantly freeze! It's hard to do, first instinct is to jerk away but as you said that just digs them deep. It used to terrify me, I know what damage those teeth & claws can do! Back in July I even started a thread-Do Love 'attacks' Freak Out Anyone Else?
I have been snapped at by dogs, ponies, horses, little kids etc... (never bit, knock on wood) but just staying still with teeth and claws on my flesh just freaked me out! We now have a deal, after I put my hand in a sturdy Barnes & Noble shopping bag we can play 'hands'. She never bites hard nor scratches deep, even rabbit kicks are with no claws. This was back in June: I was 'frozen'

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How can a paw, so velvety, shimmering, and wrapped in soft warm fur.....be such an effective weapon?
Oh! I know! When Gypsy wraps her paws & claw tips around my arm I instantly freeze! It's hard to do, first instinct is to jerk away but as you said that just digs them deep. It used to terrify me, I know what damage those teeth & claws can do! Back in July I even started a thread-Do Love 'attacks' Freak Out Anyone Else?
I have been snapped at by dogs, ponies, horses, little kids etc... (never bit, knock on wood) but just staying still with teeth and claws on my flesh just freaked me out! We now have a deal, after I put my hand in a sturdy Barnes & Noble shopping bag we can play 'hands'. She never bites hard nor scratches deep, even rabbit kicks are with no claws. This was back in June: I was 'frozen'
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - I've been bitten once - By Clawed-Ya, as a kitten, the day she came inside almost 2½ years ago:

clawed-yabite.jpg

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and some folks just get a tattoo as a tribute.....
Seriously, that was one wicked bite!
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - It was really pretty funny, actually. I was worried that I'd drop her and lose here after four days of trying to reunite her with her Mom. Once she got those teeth in, she was like a cartoon cat, hanging on for all she was worth. I think I could have carried her in dangling by those two canine teeth.

She has become the sweetest, gentlest cat now - a big fluffy black Cuddle Machine. Never let anyone tell you that Love doesn't conquer all.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - It was really pretty funny, actually. I was worried that I'd drop her and lose here after four days of trying to reunite her with her Mom. Once she got those teeth in, she was like a cartoon cat, hanging on for all she was worth. I think I could have carried her in dangling by those two canine teeth.

She has become the sweetest, gentlest cat now - a big fluffy black Cuddle Machine. Never let anyone tell you that Love doesn't conquer all.
How did she get her name?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M - It's been just about four weeks, no?

I brought her home December 9th, so yeah, almost a month. Charlie has pleasantly surprised me. I was a little concerned as to how he'd react, but he's shown me once again that I don't know him as well as I thought I did.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My neighbor's cat on the day of New Year's Eve. I was taking care of the upstairs kitties while my neighbor was away & though he's not snuggling with anyone, I think Charlie looks extra tender in this photo.
charlie 31 dec 17.jpg

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My neighbor's cat on the day of New Year's Eve. I was taking care of the upstairs kitties while my neighbor was away & though he's not snuggling with anyone, I think Charlie looks extra tender in this photo.
View attachment 212386
Such a sweet face :)

I don't know if this is tender or kust silly, but catched my two evil balls of fur playing at 4 in the morning over my feet

IMG_20180102_171704_256.jpg

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a sweet face :)

I don't know if this is tender or kust silly, but catched my two evil balls of fur playing at 4 in the morning over my feet

View attachment 212388

I think its "tender"...a special moment for them to do and for us to see.

My boys love to playfight with each other. And it IS playing, as they wrestle, not striking with claws.

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I call my orange tabby Murphy my "cat dog." He is attached to me at the hip. Comes when he is called, loves all humans - even strangers, gets into left out food and makes trouble. He sleeps with me every night and cuddles with me all day if I'm home. He is definitely my "tender moments" kitty!

12239672_10102075702467668_8234134536188684282_n.jpg

16640576_10102890404762738_7822644817085326239_n.jpg