Contest Surprise! Share A Story To Win A Tcs Teeshirt!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
That's quite a story about a great cat, @gareth ! I've never met Mia, but I think I'm in love with her! :redheartpump: I'm so sorry for your loss. :rbheart:

ENTRY

Old photos 4years - 010.JPG

About a month after Boris came to live with me, a friend came to visit and meet Boris. He was a dog person, but he said that cats love him. His girlfriend had a big boss cat, an 18-pounder, that would not let anyone pet him but my friend, and he would let him rub his belly!

After telling this story, he looked at Boris and said, "Kitty, kitty, kitty." I expected Boris to check him out since Siberians love people so much. But Boris walked over to me and jumped into my lap and looked at this guy like, "Who the %$^@ are you?" It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. :flail:

Frankophile Feline Fan

Floofing the floor
Young Cat
Purraise
Colette is only 7 months, but she is full of surprises. I wonder what she has in store for our future.

Entry:
I work crazy hours. After a string of 3rd shifts, I had some afternoon shifts come up. Colette has an on-again/off-again relationship with her food, and when she was being finicky (no doubt expecting more offerings before I'd have to go to work) I explained to her in plain English that I would be going to work soon and this was her last chance to eat for a while. She didn't waste any more time after that.:noway:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an entry - just another Snowshoe story.

There's really never much worth writing about here - I have ten of the sweetest, calmest kitties who've ever lived. Counterpoint to that, I have a Snowshoe.

Creature of habit that I am, I keep my keys on an old fashioned key organiser next to the back door, and always - well, almost always - hang whatever key I've finished with in its proper space. About two weeks ago, after changing the oil in the Summer car, I came in to the telephone ringing, and apparently just set the keys on the counter, focused on picking up the telephone. Being kitty-feeding time and thereafter fox-feeding time, when the call was finished, I surmised that I'd hung the keys up when I didn't see them in evidence, and went about the evening chores.

Perhaps an hour later, on my way out to the patio, I noticed the empty spot on the key rack. I mentally retraced my steps, and came to the realisation that I'd left the keys unattended on the island counter in the kitchen. Moo Shu Snowshoe; she was nowhere in sight, and her crow-like penchant for collecting shiny objects is the sort of thing of which legends are forged.

Moo Shu seldom sleeps, and is almost perpetually in evidence - usually engaged in some mildly devilish endeavour like fooling with the remotes, turning lights off and on by leaping at the switches, or simply pushing things onto the floor. That evening, however, she'd simply vanished.

An extended canvass of the house availed me nothing whatsoever. I searched under and behind the most obvious objects, and finally wondered if perhaps she'd actually found a way to take the car. Being near the brink of giving up, I noticed that the door of one of the storage cupboards was just barely ajar. I took my phone out, and threw the door open.

She was there, of course - in the deepest recess of the shelving, wedged between a box of books and a hideous Capodimonte lamp, her right paw firmly holding the key fob against the shelf before her, blue eyes blazing red in the sudden light. Not much of a tale, surely - and exactly what one might expect from a Snowshoe cat, but just before I opened the door, I could swear that I heard a thin, sibilant voice coming from within, crooning, "my Precious; my Precious!"

mooshukeys.jpg

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

The war between cat who wants human to get up and human who doesn't want to.

My cat was about 9 months old at the time an tried many time to get me up when she wanted.

One day she sat on my chest and I could see her pondering her next move.

BAM paw elbow deep in my mouth.

She won that round

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
In 2016 winter, one day we came home from work and the home was somehow cold. I didn't have any idea why the home was colder that day, until I realised that our cat Kofte had switched off the heater. Than I burst with laughter. Unlike most of the cats, he never liked warm spots.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry
I injured my back in high school and it's never really been the same since. It will go out on me every so often and it leaves me incapacitated for days. Thankfully since I lost 180 pounds it hasn't been as much of an issue. A few years ago though it went out while I was in the bathroom and found myself halfway in the tub unable to move. I was still living with my parents and their cat Kirby adores me. I could hear him crying outside the door trying to get in. I'm not sure how but he got the door open and was immediately in the tub rubbing all over me. I told him, "I appreciate the concern Mister, but now my bare butt is on display for everyone." :lol: I did manage to get up, and it was probably the embarrassing position I found myself in because he opened the door that motivated me to fight through the pain. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sorry for not clarifying this sooner - but yes, this is going to be a draw. TCS members have such fantastic cat tales there was no way in the world I was going to try and pick up just one as the best :paranoid:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry-

Gohan has been having a tough time welcoming the new cat. Her safe room is the basement and for a while he wouldn’t enter at all, but sit outside the door on the cold tile and stare. We started referring to it as having a forcefield and would joke that the other resident cat and us humans had he ability to pass through.

One day, as a joke, I looked at him and apologized that I had forgotten to remove the forcefield! I made a lot of “boop beep” noises like I was typing in a code and a wish sound like a shield dropped. He dashed into the room so he could go jump on the fridge. I guess there was a forcefield! :lol:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY -

When I got Chicquitita, my friend and her dachshund Spanky were sharing the house with me. Chicqui ( for short ) was only three months old so it was a couple months before I took her to be spayed. She and Spanky became friends in that time. He liked her from the start, so I didn't have to separate them with a baby gate in the bedroom doorway like I had planned.

When I brought her home after her spaying, she was groggy from the anesthesia. I took her in the spare bedroom, set up with her litter box, food and water, and put the gate in the doorway. That way she could sleep until the grogginess wore off, without Spanky bothering her. When she was fully awake I spent time with her in the room and left the gate up when I went out. She could stay in there until she was well enough to be around her rambunctious friend. Before the day was over, she was meowing to get my attention. I went in again and petted her, and talked to her to soothe her. I got such a surprise when a little while later I heard her scramble over the gate and come walking out to where I was. She wanted to be with me and her big brother and that surgery wasn't going to stop her! :climbcat:

Last edited by a moderator:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gareth, what a blessing that you had Eva in such a trying time!
I too had a cat who was by my side during such times. His name was Tigger

Entry:
One day I went to go to the Pet Store in Spring Valley from Lemon Grove,
you have to go down Sweetwater road to get there, 55 mph speed limit
I get down to Jamacha Road intersection in Spring Valley and I hear this "meow" and I think "what is a cat doing in this traffic"? Then I see a cat jump off the roof of the truck. Tigger!!!!
I pulled over and had to get underneath a car to get him, so thankful he didn't jump off when I couldn't see him, or when I was doing 55mph!!
My sweet Tigger lived to be 19 with many stories of his 9 lives!

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
847DF7CA-F4BE-472D-8F7E-D4A3628F4848.jpeg
ENTRY
Not intended to be sad but sweet

We had Min put down at the house and after her sedation I laid her on the floor for her final shot. Littermate and sister Mikki walked over and gave her one lick on the forehead. Of course we looked at each other then really cried but were so touched and surprised by her action.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@gareth That's an amazing story! I'm glad you came through it ok but, so sorry for your loss. Eva must have been amazing girl and I can imagine the void you must have felt losing her after what she had done to pull you through tough times.

Entry
Manny continues to surprise me in many ways. The way he's come out of his shell has been a joy to watch. We go out almost every day for a walk when I get home. He's learned his boundaries and I'm amazed at how well he listens and obeys commands. Here lately I've been working a lot of overtime and getting home late. Of course he's anxious to go for his walk. Thursday night I got home about 11:15. When I opened the door to go in he shot out of the door. I hollered at him " Manny! come back here! " He took a couple more steps and stopped and looked back at me. I went in and set down some stuff I had in my arms thinking, I would have to chase him or, at the very least pick him up and bring him back in. I walked back out and calmly told him " Manny, get back in the house " motioning with my finger at the same time. He turned around and meowed at me and walked back in the house. I was just like wow! Did he just do that. I closed the door petted him on his head and told him "Good Boy, we'll go out in a minute." I put away what I was carrying and changed clothes and took him back out for his walk a few minutes later. I still can't believe he just walked back in after only telling him to come back in. You know how cats can be!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I took a feral in- grabbed him out of my yard! - took him to my vet for shots and neutering and put him in my bathroom. He panicked for a few days whenever he would see me. He started lying on a wide window sill. I was able to reach around the blinds and hand him food without him seeing anything but my hand. He was really scared of my eyes! On the third day he took food from my hand! I was happily surprised! On the seventh day, he rubbed his muzzle against my hand! I had never expected to see such rapid progress. He had never let me touch him in my yard, in fact he would not get within 10 feet, even when I was feeding him. I spoke to him outside and I felt we had a relationship, but I had not expected him to get over his fear so quickly!

He turned out to be the sweetest creature I have ever met. Here he is, sweet little Seal cat. I :redheartpump: him so very much.

Sammy Leo 001.JPG

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
One day as I was setting the table for lunch Cucumella came right up to me miaouing and running away. I was surprised because she had never acted like that before. I was busy as I was expecting some guests so I didn't at first pay too much attention to her but after she did this several times I decided to follow her and see what was going on. This led me to our main bathroom and there I found Pierre, my 95 years old husband, in the bathtub unable to get out of it by himself. He asked me in a reproachful voice "why did you take so long? Cucumella went to fetch you several times" That was the last time he bathed in a bathtub, from then on he had to resort to taking showers. That was the first but not the last time Cucumella played the roll of an alarm bell.

Last edited:

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Entry:

My Gwendolyn was always a very timid cat. Friends who came over to my apartment would often say "...but I thought you had a cat??" because little Gwen would be tucked away in one of her favorite hiding places avoiding them like the plague.

When I first adopted her, I lived in a very small (less than 300 square feet) studio apartment with a big loft bed. There weren't a lot of places for her to hide, and I thought I knew all of her spots.

One day, I went to the laundromat around the corner to do the laundry, and when I returned 40 minutes or so later with my clean clothes, I realized that in my short absence, the fire department had arrived, broken into my apartment, opened all of my windows, and vacated the premises again. I had made done some baking in the morning, and not realized that the coffee pot was sitting on the vent and melted. Neighbors had called the FDNY, which determined that I was an idiot but nothing was actually on fire, aired out the place, and left.

I assumed that Gwen was hiding, and check all her usual spots with no luck. I then noticed that the windows didn't have screens, the window bars were not narrow enough to keep a determined cat in the apartment, and started to panic in earnest. After hours of frantic searching, I still couldn't find her, and called my mom in hysterics. At this point, she can sneaking out of the closet (which I had checked multiple times). I was so happy to see her I screamed loudly enough to scare her back into the closet for another couple of hours.

Later, I figured out that she had not only hidden in the closet, but also managed to wedge herself into a suitcase that was only partially open, and mostly full of old winter clothes that I had packed away.

Moral of the story: get one of those "I have a pet" stickers for your door if you have cats, just in case. You never know when you're going to melt a coffee pot and get a surprise visit from New York's finest....

Here's one of my favorite pics of Gwen:
20140907_203232.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I took a feral in- grabbed him out of my yard! - took him to my vet for shots and neutering and put him in my bathroom. He panicked for a few days whenever he would see me. He started lying on a wide window sill. I was able to reach around the blinds and hand him food without him seeing anything but my hand. He was really scared of my eyes! On the third day he took food from my hand! I was happily surprised! On the seventh day, he rubbed his muzzle against my hand! I had never expected to see such rapid progress. He had never let me touch him in my yard, in fact he would not get within 10 feet, even when I was feeding him. I spoke to him outside and I felt we had a relationship, but I had not expected him to get over his fear so quickly!

He turned out to be the sweetest creature I have ever met. Here he is, sweet little Seal cat. I :redheartpump: him so very much.

View attachment 231242

Is this an official entry Boris Diamond Boris Diamond ?

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Entry:

I had a cat that had been gone for quite a few days before she returned home with an eyeball sticking out and barely able to keep herself up.
It was surprising how she made it back home despite how much she was struggling to move and even breathe.

She was suffering tremendously so the right thing to do was to put her down. The way she looked at me along the way to the vet’s office was proof enough that she understood that her time had come.

At the vet's office, feeling a slither of hope, I asked for the vet to check her over to see if there was a slight chance of survival but he confirmed that a car had hit her, that she had internal bleeding and an infection so, there was very little to be done and the chances of her surviving were slim. If she had come home earlier then there would have been a chance. Nevertheless, she still would not be able to live a normal life. I decided I would go ahead and euthanize her.

I observed with teary eyes as the vet's assistant shaved her front leg and injected the anesthetic. Once we were left alone in that small, cold office, I kept caressing her and whispered how much I love her and how much I appreciated our time together. She gave me the same look she had given me on the way there; then slowly, drifted off into a deep, peaceful sleep.

To this day I still remember it all frequently and it's been over a year.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry

A sliding door separates the main bedroom and main bathroom from the rest of my apartment. When my then 95 years old late husband Pierre and late cat Cucumella were still with me the sliding door was kept closed overnight in order to keep Cucumella out because I was afraid Pierre would stumble over her if he had to get up during the night.

At about 3 oclock one night I was awaken by Cucumella jumping on my chest and miaowing. My first thought was how did she open the door and what was the matter with her. Almost immediately I realized Pierre was not lying next to me and I could hear him calling my name. He had slipped on the bathroom floor and could not get up. When Cucumella heard him calling me she started to miaowing behind the door which incited Pierre to drag himself up to the door and push it open. Cucumella rushed in and did what she had to do.

This was the second time but not the last time Cucumella warned me when Pierre was in trouble.