Contest Surprise! Share A Story To Win A Tcs Teeshirt!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P5160430.JPG
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
ENTRY
When Cucumella was first brought to us she walked around for a while investigating what was a new place to her. When she saw my husband Pierre sitting on the sofa she didn't hesitate for a second. She ran full speed towards him as if afraid of being stopped. She jumped on his lap and he immediately put his arms around her. From then on they belonged to eachother.

Sadly I have since lost both of them.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
When Cucumella was first brought to us she walked around for a while investigating what was a new place to her. When she saw my husband Pierre sitting on the sofa she didn't hesitate for a second. She ran full speed towards him as if afraid of being stopped. She jumped on his lap and he immediately put his arms around her. From then on they belonged to eachother.

Sadly I have since lost both of them.
golondrina golondrina - Is this an entry?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

When I was growing up I had a Siamese named Mitzi. She liked to go in our front yard or lie in the sun in our screened-in porch. One day the doorbell rang and I opened the door but no one was there. A few minutes later the doorbell rang again. When I opened the door I said, " This isn't funny. Stop it! ", suspecting someone was playing a trick on me. I heard a meow and glanced down and saw my ktty strected up on the side of the door frame with her front paws on the doorbell. We didn't know how she figured it out but she learned how to get us to come running to let her back in!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:

A few months after we got Mowgli, he woke me up to proudly show me his new squeaky toy - a live little bat he'd caught out on the balcony. I grabbed him, got the poor little thing away from him, put it on the balcony and closed the door.

In all the excitement, I forgot that the balcony door in the spare room was open. Mowgli didn't, so the fun started all over again!

I'm fairly certain it was a common pipistrelle.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
My parents were not fans of having pets, but one evening while walking home from a friend's house a little black fluffball came running out of the woods and followed me home.
Despite my parents' objections I got my brother on my side and was allowed to keep little Moonshadow. He grew into the biggest cat I have ever seen! Not fat, just enormous in height and length.
Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't allow him in the house. As an outside kitty, he literally would stop traffic. People would see him in our yard and stop to ask questions. Twice people asked if they could buy him.
We were totally devoted to each other. I was the only person he would allow to pick him up. I saved up my birthday money to get him neutered. My parents thought I was crazy. In those days, out in the country, people didn't get cats "fixed" but I insisted.
Then one day when he was five years old, he disappeared. I was completely heartbroken. I searched for him for months to no avail.
Then one night, a little over a YEAR later, I was walking home from a friend's house and heard a meow. There was something in the road that looked blacker than the surrounding darkness. In disbelief I said his name "Shadow?"
He lept into my arms! It was so unsuspected and he was so huge that I fell backwards into a ditch, but I didn't care! He was home! He was obviously as happy to see me as I was to see him.
We were lucky enough to have him for 5 more years before he passed away.
To this day I wonder if someone "catnapped" him, trying to breed some big cats not realizing he was neutered and I wonder how long he had to travel before he made it back home.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
t
That is a lovely story weebeasties. What happened to Shadow?
He lived happily for another 5 years. By then I was "grown up" and moved out of state. I was living with relatives for a couple of months with the intention of coming back home to retrieve him and make him a housecat when I had my own place. Two months after I left home my brother found his body. Possibly killed by a wild dog? It was devastating. As an adult I have always kept my babies indoors so they will never suffer the same fate as my beloved Shadow.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

LOVE BUG STORY

Okay so Toby is my second cat, and I got him so that Stella could have a playmate when I was at work.
I already knew Toby was different from the moment I met him. He hated being picked up or even really touched, he cried at everything and he pretty much made a home for himself under the couch for the first few days.
Over time him and Stella became friends, but he was still weary of humans especially men (I am pretty sure he was abused as a baby).
So what SURPRISED me so so much was this...One night I awoke to someone walking on my chest...I assumed it was Stella but NO...it was TOBY :) He walked all the way up to my chest...laid down and put his face right up to mine and purred louder than I have ever heard...I started falling asleep because I mean cat purrs are better than lullaby's in my opinion, and then Toby did the second most sweetest thing...I felt two paws slowly grab on to my cheeks...He had my face in between his two paws and he pulled right up to my again and nuzzled into me and fell asleep....Its been about a year since then and he still does this a few nights a week :) And I find it extremely special seeing as I am the only person who he will let touch him...He will be in the same room when I have company over, and he NEVER says no to anyone who wants to play with him or have a chat, but he runs from everyone as soon as he feels they want to touch him....He's my big baby and makes me feel so blessed that he allows me to take care of him

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

2 nights ago I was watching tv in my living room...Something kept urging me to get up and go check on the cats...I went into the bedroom and Toby was there hanging out by the screen door...I said "Toby where's Stella?" and he just kept staring out the door...I looked under the bed, in the closet, everywhere for Stella, and she was no where to be found until I looked closer at the screen door where Toby was laying down...It was pushed open!

Mind you, Stella is a black cat and by this time it was dark outside....I went into panic mode, didn't even remember to put socks or shoes on..I ran outside to find Stella playing with the local stray cat on the grass following him around...I called to her "Stella!! OMG i'm so glad you're okay come to mommy" to which she replied by meowing at me once and running right back onto the grass:eviltongue::argue:
Needless to say I spent about 30 minutes in my bare feet outside trying to grab her...Finally I decided if I ignore her and play with the stray cat she might come over...I guess jealousy got the best of her in the end:cloudy: and she was not quite happy to be back inside.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He lived happily for another 5 years. By then I was "grown up" and moved out of state. I was living with relatives for a couple of months with the intention of coming back home to retrieve him and make him a housecat when I had my own place. Two months after I left home my brother found his body. Possibly killed by a wild dog? It was devastating. As an adult I have always kept my babies indoors so they will never suffer the same fate as my beloved Shadow.
I know exactly how you feel, and my solution is the same. I will never again let a cat outside. I'm done picking up the broken bodies of the souls I love.

Frankophile Feline Fan

Floofing the floor
Young Cat
Purraise
There are some very touching stories here. I have another ENTRY based on my trip with Colette to Georgia to visit family.

I was very concerned that Colette didn't eat for 2 of the 3 days we stayed in my mother's "in-law" apartment at my aunt's enormous house. I did expect her to be uncomfortable outside of our home turf, but I hadn't anticipated she'd be that put off. When the first 24 hours was coming to a close and I didn't think she ate anything that I offered her, I became desperate. A vet bill would really difficult for me right now, and I doubted it was anything other than being in a new place.

I tried force-feeding her some of her favorite NV frozen rabbit mixed with NV canned rabbit bits with a spoon. I think she got a little down but it was very messy. A softened, frozen rabbit bite stuck to her belly and she was spitting out the meaty bits. Then I managed to find a syringe and gave her a little cold chicken broth. That went down but then she had a coughing fit. I didn't want to torture my girl!

Finally, I considered trying to give her the tuna I reserve for our clicker training. We went through the paces: Follow the wand target, jump on something, and practice twirling. She knows to follow the target and did that well, but verbal cues need some work. I gave her liberal amounts of tuna and emptied the pouch through multiple sessions that day just to sustain her.

I went to PetSmart later that day to look for a more appropriate tuna kitten food or snack. I found an associate, explained our situation, and asked for any recommendations on highly-palatable cat food but she only affirmed what I already knew: Cats are very sensitive and have a difficult time with new environments. I spent $15 on 3 small cans of Royal Canin kitten food, a high-protein mackerel loin, and 2 pouches of tuna treats for cats. Back at the house, Colette seemed receptive to the mackerel loin and the weaning kitten mousse with kitty tuna sprinkled on time. I was making progress!:bliss:

Day 3 came like nothing ever happened. She was definitely more comfortable at my aunt's house and had no problem eating her Nature's Variety raw rabbit. My kitten made it!

I was very surprised that Colette would gobble down tuna that she had to work for but refused her normal food for 2 days. I'm so grateful that I decided to clicker-train my kitten, never imagining she would come to need it to sustain her health and my restricted budget.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:

Several years ago, while our Jamie was still alive, he appeared to be constipated. I was very concerned because it wasn't something that he normally had problems with. Giving him some real cream didn't work, so I made an appointment with his vet.

A few hours before his appointment, I went to get his carrier out of the cellar, and a nearly empty bag of his old litter, high up on a shelf, caught my eye. I got a step stool in order to reclose the bag and discovered that Jamie wasn't constipated after all. He'd gotten up on the shelf, pawed open the bag, and pooped in it several times. :lol:

The appointment was cancelled, and we switched back to the old brand of litter.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
ENTRY

One day I got a phone call from a coworker-they were looking for a home for a kitty. I wasn't ready for a cat but said what the hay? We had 2-had always had 3.

When we got there-this beautiful fluffy cat was walking around like no big deal. The lady patted her lap and the kitty hopped up. I was fascinated. I never had a cat who jumped on my lap on command. We decided to take her home-she made this god awful noise so we kept saying honey honey! She was happy to be in my home when we arrived.

My boyfriend got down on his knees and poked his face in the cage-she sniffed his face and looked at him like well open the d door! So he did-she slinked out sniffing the floor and walking all around the kitchen. She didn't hide and didn't mind us petting her. Then I put her on the counter and fed her a can of food=which she gobbled up.

Afterwards she jumped down, walked into the living room-jumped up on the couch and spread herself out on top of Jon's stomach-and proceeded to take a nap. And she fit right in. It was so cool seeing a kitty just come in our home like she was meant to be here. I felt so happy inside because I knew he was missing Flash-another kitty we had-she was Jon's cat, slept with him and was his buddy for 4 years.

So now watching this orange cat who we named Honeybee my heart was floating that we have another little friend to keep him company. She to this day still jumps up on him during the day and sleeps on him. She has given us many many smiles and stories...this is just one of the ones that stands out.

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Entry:

A week ago I was making my way by foot to the mall to get gifts for mother's day. As usual, I passed by the Wells Fargo bank until something something stopped me in my tracks.
I looked to my right and saw a cat's flattened corpse and besides it, a tiny kitten.
It meowed besides it's mother's body and looked at me a few times.
I did not move for fear of startling it. The bushes were I had found them were besides a very busy street.

The kitten made his way into the bushes to hide as soon as I took a slow first step. I stopped and called my husband to see if we could at least take the kitten to a nearby animal shelter. His frail body looked as if it had not eaten in some time.

After trying for an hour and a half to catch him, I decided to head back and bring some food with me to lure him out. Me and my husband went back to the bushes to find it. Another 3 hours passed by and we were still unable to catch it.
We returned home feeling disappointed.

By late afternoon we decided to try again. After another hour the kitten stopped and allowed my husband to pet him. We took it back home with us just in time as the grey clouds were beginning to form.

As soon as the kitten arrived, it made itself very at home, much to my surprise!. There was another worry in our minds though; our in-laws have never been too fond of cats so we had just a couple of days to find it a good home.

It's now been over a week since we found him and we can't imagine how our lives would be without him.

Milo ended up winning not just my own heart, but my husband's and my in-laws.