Contest Surprise! Share A Story To Win A Tcs Teeshirt!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Let's have some fun! Tell us a story where your cat really surprised you. When he or she did something you totally unexpected that blew your mind away!

The winner will be selected in a draw. He or she will get to choose one of our new teeshirts now available on Amazon!

shirts-amazon.jpg

(Amazon won't ship these outside the US but don't worry, I uploaded these designs to our CafePress too - so we can ship them worldwide!)

The Rules

1. Share your story in this thread with the word ENTRY. We'd love to see a photo of the cat as well (no bonus points - we just love seeing cute cat pictures
).

2. Story must be at least 2-3 sentences long.

3. You can post an entry once a day. So, if you have more than one story, spread them across several days.

4. Last entry can be made by May 31st, 2018.

5. Each member can have up to 10 entries in total.

6. To participate in this giveaway you must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age.

7. To win you must be a member with at least 10 posts on the site by the last day of submissions. If you're new to the community, welcome! Please contribute quality content and avoid spam posts just to boost your post count for the contest and don't forget to read the site rules.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry-

I was away for a week, and Charlie cuddled with me my first night back. I was surprised, because he's not normally demonstrative. He did it again after I was gone for a weekend. Finally, he cuddled with me just because. This time, I was so surprised, I started to cry. I finally knew he loved me.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY -

Due to a chronic illness, I often get dizzy spells. When Sinbad first figured out how to predict them, he playacted being injured to get me to stop heading for the stairs. He'd originally tried meowing in an unusual way at me, but when I just smiled at him and kept going, he suddenly yowled, dropped onto his side, then began limping around.

Naturally I stopped all concerned, and that's when the dizzy spell hit. He jumped up fine as could be, and proudly snuggled me and stood watch until I was able to get up again.

Now I know to sit down immediately when he meows like that. I still can't believe he actually pretended to be hurt to get me to stop going down the stairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
The windows in my house are old and unreliable. They slam shut when I open them, but the cats still want to sit in them. One night I fed the cats dinner, watched the hockey game, and five hours later went up to my bedroom and saw Artemis laying in the windowsill behind a shut window! I could see him meowing behind the glass but couldn't hear him as the window had slammed shut. I took him down and also saw that the screen had busted out. Essentially he was two stories up hanging on for dear life on the side of a window with no way down and no way back in.

That was quite a shock to see him trapped in the window. If I hadn't been worried for his life, I would have snapped a picture.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry-
Our girl Olive used to live outside and we transitioned her to indoor only. On a warm day we left to go see a movie, and returned a few hours later. Couldn’t find her. We realized she had squeezed between the window slats (probably only 4-5 inch gap) and was out having an adventure. We grabbed coats and flashlights to begin searching when we heard her little meow outside the front door. We opened it and she trotted in, unconcerned, ready for dinner.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY
Max was my soul mate cat. He was full of surprises as he did things cats are not supposed to do. He watched me walk on a manual treadmill every morning. Finally one day, he didn't watch. He got on the treadmill in front of me and walked until he had enough. Then he got off and watched. It became a normal thing for him to do it when he wanted to.

Last edited:

Snuggles’ Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ENTRY

Snuggles was an avid foodie for her whole life. She enjoyed eating things that were offered to her... as well as pilfering things she shouldn’t have. The Christmas I was 5, I made a delicious batch of sugar cookies to leave for Santa. I hung my stocking and went to bed. But like most kids, I wanted to try and catch a peek of the jolly man himself.

In the middle of the night, I crept down the stairs silently and surveyed the scene. No presents under the tree... but there was a bite out of one of the cookies!!!!! A green Christmas tree cookie had a huge hunk taken out of it and I was alarmed! Had I been bad? Had Santa just taken a bite of the cookie then split, not leaving presents? In my shock, I called my parents, who came running downstairs. They looked at the cookies with a bewildered expression on their faces (when I grew older I realized it was because neither of them had eaten the cookie, and so they were as bewildered as I was!) Well, then who ate the cookie? We surveyed the room, and noticed Snuggles smugly sitting in the corner by the fireplace hearth... green icing smeared on her cheeks and hanging from her whiskers! So Santa Claus didn’t get the cookie- Santa Paws beat him to it!!!!
0DBCF652-E852-4242-9958-008CD45D203A.jpeg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

After I had my spinal surgery, I had to use a walker. One day, I nearly ran over Mingo's tail - almost, but not quite. Mingo, nevertheless, let out an anguished "AAARGH!" Lily, who was sitting nearby, immediately came over to him and started licking his face. He lowered his head and gratefully submitted to her comforting.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

One day I went to pull something out of a closet. Suddenly eyes blinked at me a a fange mouth opened in a yawn. Fury surprised me so much I yelped and jumped back because I did not see him in the closet before he yawned (see image of him yawning below but imagine him in a dark closet). Took my brain a moment to catch up. He on the other hand immediately got up and started rubbing against me to pet him.

IMG952018050895181159.jpg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
When I first got Luciano, he came with a soft cat bed, however he never slept in it. I had it in my bedroom for a while, but I never saw him using it, so I moved it onto a chair in the living room.

One day I came home from work & the cat bed was back on the foot of my bed. I was so surprised he had moved it back, but he still never used it. Again I moved it to the other room. Several days later I saw him in action, cat bed in his mouth, walking to the bedroom tail held high. He dropped the cat bed, jumped up to my bed & bent his neck down to pick the cat bed up and put it back on the bed.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
AED0F26D-8487-49F9-9E69-94EDF9B8478B.jpeg
Entry
After getting their teeth cleaned the mobile vet said to put Mikki &Minnie in separate quiet places until their anesthesia wore off. I put Mikki in my closet ... shut the door... then shut a second door in my bedroom. A few minutes later I hear thump thump and out she comes! She jumped up and pulled the handles of two doors to escape

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 2011 my wife had an affair with one of my friends. I literally caught them kissing in a field one night. Over the next two months the affair went underground. That is they starting meeting secretly. I would catch them and catch them. I was desperately in love with my wife and didn't want to give up the marriage but she would not give up this other man. She would cry because she loved him so much whislt I was begging her to love me. It was just dreadful.

After weeks of paranoia and constant heartache I sank into a terrible depression. A very dark place. I saw no hope. Eventually I decided to end my own life. I didn't bother with notes or anything like that, just got myself good and drunk and took myself into bathroom one night when she was out, sat down, and opened up a brand new straight razor blade, fully intending to open up my own brachial artery.

What I hadn't counted on was this.

This was Eva. My little burmese cat who at that time was only a few months old.

She scrabbled at the door, distracting me from my stupid, and simply wouldn't quit until I let her in. She then crawled all over me, refusing to leave me alone, refusing to be ignored. I will go to my grave saying she knew what I was doing and stopped me. She kept this up for about 30 minutes until I obviously pulled myself together a bit and collapsed into bed.

The next day I found a bunch of soppy love letters from my wife to my friend, and from him to her. I sank back into a terrible place and got myself good and drunk and decided this time I would do it no matter how much Eva scrabbled at the door. She scrabbled at the door for fifteen minutes whilst I cried and told her to go away.

Eventually she went away and I focussed back on trying to work up the cuts to slash my own upper arm. At which point Eva came in through the window. She mucst have forced open the catflap (which only opened inwards), gone up a tree and jumped an amazing distance to get to the open bathroom window. She then leapt into my arms, suprising the hell out of me. I was so shocked I came straight out of my stupor, and looking into her eyes realised that I had to live, for her if not for my wife, because she clearly loved me.

I gave my wife divorce papers the next day and told her I would give her one chance to stop everything and go into single and couples therapy, and that she had one chance to save her marriage. My wife took that chance and seven years later, after years of therapy, our marriage is now far stronger than it ever was and we have a beautiful baby daughter.

It took me two years to tell my wife I forgive her, and that I had decided that we had built a strong enough relationship for me to want to recommit to it. That was the 10th June 2013.

A week later on the 18th June 2013 Eva escaped from the house, was hit by a car, and died instantly. It was the day before her second birthday. I have never been so traumatised in my life. That cat literally saved my life. Twice. When I felt more alone than I have ever felt she made me realise that life is worth living, that it is full of love for the taking and the giving, and that there is always something worth fighting for. When she died she took part of my heart and soul with her.

The 'suprise' was not the jumping in the window. The suprise was that I simply did not know it wass possible to love a cat as much as I loved Eva after that. She opened up my heart.

I think of her, and thank her, every day without exception, and whilst I am grateful for the memories, her sweet but insistent miaow still haunts my dreams from time to time and on those days I miss her more than I could ever express to someone not a member of this website.

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe the contest is for a random draw... that's the reason why you can provide 10 different stories across multiple days - to up your chances of your Entry being drawn...