Contest Surprise! Share A Story To Win A Tcs Teeshirt!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mowgli knows the home routine. It has always amazed me how Cucumella used to anticipate our next actions. Sombra has already began doing so after only a couple of weeks with me. Yesterday there was no newspaper delivery in Uruguay. Sombra stood before the front door miaouing and looking at me wondering why I didn't open the door to pick up the newspaper.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
I was taking a shower. Connor and Murphy like to sit on the edge of the tub while I'm in the shower. Well, I'd turned the water and stepped in and then I saw a huge spider in the tub. I didn't even have time to freak out. Connor jumped in and ate it. He got wet to save my life! Hehe. Such a good kitty.

stormyandklaus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's my ENTRY for my crazy kitten Klaus. We just got him a few weeks ago, and he has been very entertaining with his antics. A few days ago I heard the strangest noises coming from the bathroom, so I went to check it out. I found Klaus on top of the doorway and I have no idea how he got up there. I mean, he must have jumped from the sink to the top of door, but HOW?! Sure enough, he was afraid once he was up there so we got a flat cardboard box and held it out so he could jump on that before lowering him to the ground. :flail:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe he went from the curtain rod to the door? Not sure how he'd get to the top of the curtain rod - did you check the inside of the shower curtain to see if it was shredded?

ENTRY

Sunday night I had a surprise involving my cat. My boyfriend brought the garbage down to the basement & I let Luciano spend some time in the hallway of our apartment building, as he loves to do. I always put a small box in the door frame so it will stay open & he can come back in his own time. I was straightening up, my boyfriend came back in and we started watching TV. I was quite sleepy & didn't last long so I went to bed. He watched a bit more TV & the next thing I know he's waking me up. I had been asleep for about a half hour & he's saying to me - Luciano was outside!

It turns out he closed the door when he came back up from bringing the garbage down & I didn't notice (or forgot) Luciano was in the hallway. He was out there at least three hours. I guess there wasn't a lot of activity in our building, maybe people were away for the long weekend. My boyfriend was getting ready for bed & he heard this noise at the door like someone was trying to break in. The doorknob was rattling etc. He looked out the peephole & didn't see anything, so he opened the door & Luciano came walking in. He said he made a sad-sounding meow once the door was open.

I felt terrible. I have no idea why he didn't meow when he was outside - we would have heard him. I thought he was up in one of the lofts sleeping like he usually is at night. I wonder if this will keep him from trying to get out of the apartment when I leave for work now.

Last edited by a moderator:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

NAUGHTINESS GALORE

As I was busy at my desk this morning all of a sudden I saw two little paws emerging from a 2 centimeters opening of one of my drawers. I was flabbergasted and couldn't understand how Sombra had got inside this drawer. After some investigation I discovered that between the end of the drawers and the back board there is a 10 centimeters space.

Sombra had crawled under the desk which is only 7 centimeters from the floor and then up the space behind the drawers and managed to get inside one of them.

I was scared stiff to open the drawer with her inside and hurt her if she got stuck trying to get out the way she had come in but fortunately I was able to get her out safely.

I have now placed a couple of cushions under the desk to prevent Sombra from repeating her adventure. A carpenter will come next week and hopefully will find a solution without spoiling the look of my oak desk.

Last edited by a moderator:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks AbbysMom AbbysMom I got this confused with the genetic testing one.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
ENTRY
Pumpkin Face decides to move in neighbors house

One summer we were outside down by the neighbors house. We were chit chatting about someone or something and he mentions that a calico cat wandered into his house the other day. I said what colors on face? He described her eye patch perfectly. I said that must be Pumpkin face.

I said she doesnt like living with me right now. We had Floey and Flash if I remember correctly or it was honeybee? Its been a few years...anyways he said his son was playing in the garage and kept yelling out "kitty!" "Kitty!" So he came over to see what the fuss was. Apparently Pumps came in from the open garage door and was nosing around the garage. His son was playing there while he was working on something.

This was very unusual for her because she is petrified of strangers. I wonder if she was jealous of Honeybee and just was tired of having to share the house with other cats. I dont know if she mooched on their doorstep after that but Jon and I got quite the laugh at Pumpkin Face running away from home! And that she wanted to put up with the childs yelling and banging his toys didn't seem to affect her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The contest is now officially closed for submissions! Feel free to share more "Surprise!" stories but cannot be entries in the contest.

Stay tuned - we'll announce the winner real soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So many fantastic stories here! :clap:

Aren't we all so lucky that we don't have to vote to select just one? It would have been impossible!

I let Lady Luck do the hard work instead and our winner is H happilyretired !

:celebrate::bunnydance::party2:

Congratulations! I will be in touch via private conversation to send you your prize.

And if anyone else wants one of our awesome new t-shirts, they're up for grabs at Amazon (free shipping with Prime!). If you're outside the US, you can find the same designs (as well as others) in our CafePress store.

shirts-amazon.jpg

And let's enjoy the winning entry one last time -

ENTRY

My Molly Brown is a rescue. She was thrown out of a car when she was about 3 years old and landed at a small rescue group that my vet works with. I'd just lost a cat to CRF, and my vet encouraged me to adopt Molly because she was so timid she didn't interact with strangers, and she'd been there for a year. My vet thought she might be 'unadoptable.'

I brought her home, and my other cats from shelters always made themselves at home within 15 min. But Molly hid--for over 2 weeks. I was frantic, and without the support of this board and my vet, I would have been overwhelmed.

Slowly, she emerged, and I assumed she'd always be somewhat aloof, but the first time she came into my TV room when I was sitting in the recliner, she jumped into my lap--and has been the most affectionate, loving cat I've ever had.
I'm 77, and I call myself a 'stay-at-home-mom' for my Molly.

View attachment 232916

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, H happilyretired ! I love stories of possibly unadoptable cats finding a loving forever home. So great the hear that she became such a loving cat! :redheartpump: I just love happy endings!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an entry - just another Snowshoe story.

There's really never much worth writing about here - I have ten of the sweetest, calmest kitties who've ever lived. Counterpoint to that, I have a Snowshoe.

Creature of habit that I am, I keep my keys on an old fashioned key organiser next to the back door, and always - well, almost always - hang whatever key I've finished with in its proper space. About two weeks ago, after changing the oil in the Summer car, I came in to the telephone ringing, and apparently just set the keys on the counter, focused on picking up the telephone. Being kitty-feeding time and thereafter fox-feeding time, when the call was finished, I surmised that I'd hung the keys up when I didn't see them in evidence, and went about the evening chores.

Perhaps an hour later, on my way out to the patio, I noticed the empty spot on the key rack. I mentally retraced my steps, and came to the realisation that I'd left the keys unattended on the island counter in the kitchen. Moo Shu Snowshoe; she was nowhere in sight, and her crow-like penchant for collecting shiny objects is the sort of thing of which legends are forged.

Moo Shu seldom sleeps, and is almost perpetually in evidence - usually engaged in some mildly devilish endeavour like fooling with the remotes, turning lights off and on by leaping at the switches, or simply pushing things onto the floor. That evening, however, she'd simply vanished.

An extended canvass of the house availed me nothing whatsoever. I searched under and behind the most obvious objects, and finally wondered if perhaps she'd actually found a way to take the car. Being near the brink of giving up, I noticed that the door of one of the storage cupboards was just barely ajar. I took my phone out, and threw the door open.

She was there, of course - in the deepest recess of the shelving, wedged between a box of books and a hideous Capodimonte lamp, her right paw firmly holding the key fob against the shelf before her, blue eyes blazing red in the sudden light. Not much of a tale, surely - and exactly what one might expect from a Snowshoe cat, but just before I opened the door, I could swear that I heard a thin, sibilant voice coming from within, crooning, "my Precious; my Precious!"

View attachment 230654
Okay! That last part about “ my precious” cracked me up. Perfect time to make me laugh. Thank youuuu!