Struggling With Play Time

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I am so impressed and proud of her!!! Well, he is a puppy. Wanting to play but he is accepting them. I am a little surprised by Frost because he warmed up to him the quickest BUT sometimes there is a power struggle. Probably a little redirection to Ember. :/ Yes, the running is something that can cause issues. Just try to train him not to. He is a pup though. Really good that Frost was playing near him. Si is doing well, he does love them. Really cool.

Yes!!!

:(

He loves her.

He must hear something. I am guessing he is protecting. Yes, dogs will do that.

Yes, I am surprised. Seems to work like that. We think one thing and get something else. Yeah, it is to bad. I am sure he would love that.

Awwwwwwwwww. I wish!! Yes, with pent up energy they can be that way. I have a few cats I might trade you. ;) He can't be a bigger pest then them!!! Hahahahahaha

Enjoy these puppy moments because they go quickly. :/

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Oh, yes. I just go back and forth on how much I should let him get away with. Ember can't come out without Si up her butt. She doesn't seem to mind too much, but sometimes she gets tired of it (though still very rarely hisses or slaps at him) and I don't really want it to be a habit for him, but then I also wonder if he'll just get over it after some time and he won't bother them so much anymore. With Frost, I think that's just normal Frost behavior. He's gotten comfortable with Si, so there's no fear holding him back. He's treating Si like he does Ember which is all quite normal for him at this point. He just likes causing trouble. Si's prey drive overall doesn't seem very high. The cats have jumped up on things and darted off real quick without reaction from him. He just seemed to think, "Oh, the cat is playing! Maybe he'll let me play with him!"

He's such a loving dog, really. Obnoxiously so at times, but he does love everyone in this house.

It's interesting that all the obvious noises (mailman, cars doors, etc.) that usually trigger Stella don't faze him in the slightest, but the sound no one else seems to hear sends him into a barking fit. I usually consider Stella pretty noise sensitive, but even she doesn't bark like he does.

Yeah, so annoying. The kid area is sort of perfect too since it isn't geared towards dogs, and large dogs in particular, so everything tends to be low down. It would be easier on him and his joints to start off on that. I don't really know where else to go.

Hahaha. I think I'm good on cats! He did pretty well this morning. My mom had to go somewhere, so we just went on a late walk after she got back. I was worried we might not all make it until she got back since Si is used to going for his walk pretty much right after she gets up, but he settled well and didn't cause too much trouble.

Yes, definitely need to enjoy them while I can, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to him maturing.

Oh, and I had to take both dogs to the vet this last Tuesday. Osiris had to get his final distemper shot and his ear was bothering him, so got that checked out. Turns out he got some debris in his ear! My mom did always say his ears were so big everything could just fly right into them... So he's on some drops for that. He doesn't like it very much, but fortunately we're almost done. Stella went because I gave her a chew and she bled all over it... She has some gingivitis, but we also discovered she has a fractured tooth, so she has to get some dental work done. The vet thinks they'll be able to just remove the fragment and not the whole tooth, but won't know for sure until he's able to get in there and work on it.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
This is so weird. So I checked the content and the last post was mine. But I clicked on the thread and it took me to my post BUT I see you made a post. I don't understand. AND I never got an alert on this response.

Yes, that is tricky. It is good Ember doesn't mind too much. Si will get over it in time, she is still a novelty, but it probably is good to correct him when possible. Frost is doing well. I am impressed Si is over them running, playing for the most part (or at least not too bothered).

He really seems like it. Lovely dog. :)

Maybe because he knows those sounds while the others are unknown and then maybe a risk?

:( It is too bad but hopefully at some point. I would guess he would love it. I can imagine there aren't many places to go. :/

Hahahahaha. ;) ME TOO!! Hahahaha Good job Si!!! He is adjusting and getting better accepting changes.

Hahahaha, you are honest and we all tend to feel that way when in the middle of it.

Oh my. Dogs are a lot easier to give drops than cats at least. Hope he gets over it soon. Poor Stella, that can happen. I hope they could save the tooth. Let me know. Fingers crossed.

It is always something with animals. :(

You sounds so in control. That is really nice. Things must be going well. :)

Sorry for the delay. I wasn't too surprised to not hear from you but this is ridiculous. So I don't get an alert. I check my content and there is no new post from you (only my last one before this). But luckily I was curious and clicked and scrolled down. First time I have had a failure on the content way of finding the last post. :( ARGHHHHHHHH I can't be the only on this is happening to. :(