Struggling With Play Time

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fortunately, it looks that way.

He does apparently like to eat rabbit poo, but the vet doesn't seem to think he's eating enough to cause problems. I am thinking of getting a muzzle he can't eat things through though. His current muzzle doesn't really stop him and it's gotten a bit small for him anyway. We have actually been at the park while they were spraying and asked about it. They said it is pet and child safe, but who knows. Stella doesn't have any issues though. He seems fine today though. Hasn't had issues since I called the vet, of course. He didn't poop yesterday, pooped a small amount today. No throwing up or diarrhea though.

He'll be good with work. I just hope they're willing to put in the work. They said they had a GSD mix with a lot of behavioral problems who passed a couple of months before, but my concern was that they were looking for a playmate for their 9-year-old lab. Who gets a crazy 6-month-old obnoxious GSD puppy as a playmate for their 9-year-old dog? Even if he's active, I don't think any 9-year-old dog wants a puppy.

He's a sensitive dog in general. I don't really see what his food has to do with it though. If it was his food, I don't think he'd be going months at a time with no problems.

I wouldn't expect to see two white ones. Most people don't ever see one. It's fairly rare for albinism or leucism to occur in the wild and even rarer for the animals to survive to adulthood. It is concerning, but it's not your fault if something did happen to him. I'd say it's the fault of whoever left him out there because if he's really that friendly then I'd say he must have had human contact at a pretty young age. Someone failed him when he was a kitten.

Probably not. They do things differently enough that they have different strengths and somewhat different functions, particularly Photoshop which does something different than the other three.

I will keep you updated.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great. Fingers crossed.

:( They will do that. Yes, the muzzle. I don't like them but might be a good idea to see if eating something is causing it. Yeah, they do say that stuff. I am not sure any chemical is "ok" or "safe". :/ Good Stella doesn't have issues. Great he is fine today. Well, that is common. At least no diarrhea, no throwing up!!!! He may just have a really sensitive stomach. :/

Hope so. Oh my, well, I guess it depends on the 9yr old. Hopefully all goes well. And they put in the effort. He is a great dog.

Yes and yes. :/ Try to think if there is anything common among the times he goes through this.

Yes, agreed!! :( Well, I knew I had to do something. I just didn't know if I could move fast enough. It is emotionally draining. :( I knew he was special and should have taken him in safely. I am sick about it.

Interesting. I guess it is good? Wish they could have it all in one though. :/

Please do. So far so good. Let's hope he is over whatever got him out of sorts.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He'd gotten so much better about eating cat poop. I don't know how he sneaks the rabbit poop. There's nothing inherently wrong with muzzles, but they do have a bad reputation. They can be very important in keeping everyone (including the dog wearing it) safe. Osiris has taught me a lot about the uses of a muzzle. I agree on chemicals. I don't think they're ever truly 'safe', but then Stella has been going to the same park for years and has eaten her fair share of grass so I guess if it was that dangerous then she'd have had problems from it a while ago. Osiris did start to throw up today, but then never seemed to get anything up. I don't know what to think of him, I swear.

Stella says she was younger than that when we brought 5-month-old Osiris home and she still didn't appreciate it. Lol. I have nothing against them wanting a companion for their lab, but they could have gotten an adult dog that still had the energy to play but would also be less obnoxious. I would never get my senior dog a puppy. If I want a puppy, then sure. But strictly as the other dog's playmate? No. I do hope it works, but am not sure I believe they truly did it for their other dog's sake.

I have tried, but it's not easy to come up with anything. Even when he does eat something and then throw it up, it's so delayed that it can be hard to know the actual cause. We're usually pretty cautious with introducing anything new to him to since he's so sensitive.

Well, sometimes we can't move fast enough. And it sucks. But all we can do is our best and know that at least we're trying which is more than what a lot of people can say. I know I still wonder what happened to the dog that seemed to always ben chained up outside next door to my grandma's house even in extreme heat. I just all of a sudden never saw him again. And now I'm worried about Old Tom because I really haven't seen any signs of him in a while and I'm just hoping it's because it's been so hot that they've all been hunkered down in the shade. But hopefully he'll turn up at some point.

It would be nice, but I guess that would be a little too much in one program. It can get a bit tricky finding tools in just one program as it is. And it is nice to choose if you want a simple/easy version or a more complex/in-depth version.

I definitely will.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is GREAT!!! A lot of dogs do not get out of that. :( I know, they are VERY GOOD at getting it. :( Or animals, etc. Agreed. Sometimes it is very important to have. Agreed on chemicals. :( Yes, they are all around and most animals handle it. I am glad Stella is. Arghhhhhhhhhh. :/ Poor guy. Anything you can think of as a reason?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Agreed. :/

Yes. :/ It is so hard............................. Some dogs just have sensitive stomachs etc. :/

Yes. It really does. I fell for him right away. :( Agreed. Yes, on situations like that is is harder. But I know what you mean. Poor Old Tom. :/ Hopefully he is ok. Life is very hard as a feral. :(

Ohhhhhhh. That makes sense. I guess it is that way for a reason then. To find things that work for people with different needs.

Thanks!!! I feel like I know Osiris and Stella and the cats. We get attached......................................