Some Advice Please!!!!

GlitterKittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am on edge wanting to know if it is your girl, my tux girl who vanished, travelled many many miles back to our former home, so I'm holding hope. Not long now till you can go and find out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The carrier is in my car! I've had it in the car since she ran just in case I got a call!!

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have my baby home!!!!!!. All is well :)
It took me a couple of hours of calling to her to get her to come out from wherever she was hiding. She was pretty happy to see me I think! So..no kittens I am sure because no signs of lactating. She looks good but her eyes are runny and she proba ly has fleas since it has been well over a month since she was treated. She is home but somewhat skittish right now. She has had the runny eye issue before so i will clean her eyes and put her ointment in. I made an appointment to see the vet Friday to make sure everything is ok and get the spay scheduled. Is there anything in particular I should be worried about? She has had all vaccines. She looks fine but I just want to make sure she is. I am so relieved! And 4 miles away..thats so far!!!!!!!!

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's amazing!! Still all wound up. She is sleeping like a baby right now :)

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone..i am still floating. I kept hoping but was still so scared. The thought of her out alone was making me crazy!!!! I should be asleep but not sure if I'll be able

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad she is home. What an adventure she must have had! Bless that older woman who fed her & called you. Did you keep her address? I would send her a card on the anniversary next year.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen I did keep her # and address! She is 88 yrs old and lives alone ANF so sweet. She made a trip to the store for cat food (She has no pets) and was feeding her for 2 weeks! I am sending her flowers today and and going to see if I can do some sort of gift card or something for her grocery store. I'm so grateful she started feeding her..I'm sure that's what kept her there.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"And not ANF" not sure where that came from

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
That's very nice of you. I'm sure she'll appreciate it. Maybe you've made a new friend thanks to your wandering kitty. I'm picturing you checking up on her in bad weather etc. D&F are right next to each other on the keyboard, no big mystery how that happened.

Years ago my mom & I were caught in a snowstorm in a rental car with windshield wipers that didn't work (always check the wipers before you leave the rental place!). We pulled off the highway to buy a new pair, but the gas station didn't have them. Many gas stations are more like grocery stores than car stores at this point. There was a woman there buying gas for her snow blower who lived around the corner. She heard our issue & insisted we come to her house and use her computer to find an auto parts store nearby. She was so lovely and helpful, kept trying to feed us. We still exchange holiday cards with her all these years later.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been following your post since the very first day she mated, somehow I guess I accidentally tapped the unfollow button and lost track. I was just checking back to see how everything was, after reading for quite a while (and being very tempted to just skip to the last page and see a little litter of kittens;)), I came to your post in July and was in disbelief!!! I shed a few tears reading through as I saw the days passing with no good news :sniffle:. My new pregnant girl, who is strictly an indoor cat , also escaped on the 4th. I was a complete and utter wreck! Thank God she came home a week later after all the support & tips from TCS , anyway, I was in such anticipation reading through the 8 pages of updates I'd missed, and I'm SOOOOOO happy you have her home! Bless your heart! And bless the sweet old woman who found her for you. I love happy endings and this small book (lol) is the happiest! You didn't have kittens as you originally hoped for and your baby is home, safe and sound! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Last edited:

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will be checking in with her from time to time for sure. I can't even explain to you guys how thrilled I am that she is home. I haven't had a good night's sleep since she went missing. I can't wait to go to the vet on Friday and make sure she is healthy. She seems fine other than sleeping a lot. She certainly isn't skinny but doesn't appear to be pregnant to me. That thought has crossed my mind because she has been gone for so long. I was SURE she was before she left so I'm not even going to speculate..lol

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And you're absolutely positive she didn't deliver while she was away? That would explain her staying gone for so long with a new needy litter of kittens to care for.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not positive but it sure doesn't look like she's been nursing