Some Advice Please!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Having trouble loading pics. I had to screenshot them because it kept saying the file was too big

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This cat!!!! So she was lying on the floor tonight playing with the dog and he kept sticking his big nose in her butt and all of a sudden she started acting like she was in heat. It's only been going on for an hour off and on. She is also chasing bugs and attacking my feet. She would be about 6 weeks along right now. She confuses me..lol.. Pregnancy hormones?

Last edited:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This post is amazing .. I've followed from the start ! So we thought she was pregnant, then we concluded she wasn't, then the little madam went missing, you found her (thank god) and now she is pregnant !!! She was determined wasn't she ! :):flail:

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess she was! Lol She is making me crazy though!!

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most of the above behaviour is gone today but now she's really grumpy doesn't want to eat anything except her treats. She keeps scratching the cabinet door where they are kept. Am I just over thinking this? I just worry about her all the time and every little thing she does makes me paranoid

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Maybe move the treats to a different place. Hopefully she'll begin to eat her cat food again soon.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this has been addressed before but I need some input. Just a reminder..pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound and palpation. Vet put the due date mid September not knowing exactly when she mated. Her belly feels full and tight and she looks pregnant and until a couple of days ago acted pregnant. Night before last she displayed mild heat symptoms off and on but was fine yesterday but in the evening it started again. Today it's worse. She really acts like she is in heat but is not trying at all to escape. She isn't even going near the windows and doors. She wont eat anything but her treats and a little dry food. She eats her treats like she is starving!! I just dont know what to think. Pregnancy hormones or did she lose the kittens and go right into heat? This girl is going to drive me crazy! I can not wait to have her spayed and for this kitty drama to be over! I guess I only have a couple of weeks before I know but it's so frustrating to go through it again. Btw..I am making SURE she is not anywhere near when doors are being open. I even put signs on every door as a reminder to watch for her. I can't do this again.
If anyone has had an experience like this I would love your input.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've read of similar behavior on other threads, though I've not personally witnessed a pregnant cat acting like she's in heat.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think my girl reabsorbed her kittens or something. She isn't getting any bigger. No rounded sides. She has a little firm belly but isn't getting any bigger. Her due date is middle of September (per vet). She still acts pregnant ..lovable,purring etc. She had that episode of acting in heat for a couple days off and on about 10 days ago. I just don't know. I called the vet and scheduled a spay for the 20th. Should know by then. I can't do this again..lol I'm actually a little sad..I was happy to have her home then shocked she was preggers..then excited. Now confused

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't received a single alert to this thread since before she went missing.

I'm glad she's home
Hopefully, this is just hormones. I've actually had mares do this...so maybe.

As far as her eating, you might try putting some goats milk in her food. Pasteurized is fine if you can't get raw. You can buy it at Walmart. This may entice her to eat her food instead of just her treats.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll try the goats milk..thank you! Could be the vet is wrong about due date I guess. Or maybe there is only 1 kitten. I just don't know. I don't want to take her to the vet again because she gets so stressed. She throws up and loses a ton of hair. I even had the thought that the last vet visit maybe stressed her so bad she lost the kittens right after.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She could have just one or two kittens inside.

If you do not have your answer soon, you can reschedule the spay for the end of the month to be sure.

At the least, ask the vet to perform an x-ray or ultrasound before spaying her so you know.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I scheduled it the other day for the 20th because I am afraid of her escaping again if she goes into heat. She hasn't even been trying to get out though. She did casually walk out the door the other day when I was trying to fix the screen door. I didn't chase her because I didn't want her to run. She walked to the end of the porch and turned around and came back in. Whew!! I will for sure have her x-rayed or have an ultrasound before spaying

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update..death in the family and havent had time to get back here and post. So we have one sweet baby! She was born Sept 14th. She is growing fast and seems to be very healthy! I'm not sure what happened to the other 2 (vet said there were 3). I wasn't even sure she was going to have one until she did! She gave birth on the floor in my bedroom and that seems to be working fine. I do believe I will be keeping her :) Now I just need to keep Mama inside until she is spayed!
20170926_162846.png

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
What an adorable photo! Look at those claws.
Sorry to hear about the death in your family.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you and yes she is adorable!!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Wow ... ! What a pretty cat. Nice color - almost looks silver ?
You'll enjoy spoiling the new little friend. :catrub: