Some Advice Please!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing new really. She is at 33 days (if she is pregnant) and she isn't really any bigger yet. Her tummy feels fuller to me but I wouldn't suspect she was pregnant if I didn't know there was a possibility. She has a fit every time I try to look at her nipples. I touched one yesterday and she screamed at me and ran away..tjen came back a couple of minutes later and stood up and swatted at me!!!! She has NEVER done that before..lol. She is super lovable this past week. Every time I sit down she's on my lap purring and kneading herself into a trance. She wants me to keep a hand on her head all the time. If I move it to her belly she runs away..lol I just don't know..more waiting I guess. I'll be glad to know one way or the other because I'm a little obssessed. Lots of pregnant cat searches online. I need to get a life, right?? Lol

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I would guess she is pregnant. I have seen this exact behavior several times.
If you do not want to bring anymore kitty cats into the world she can be spayed before she is too far along. The fetuses will go to sleep when the mama is anesthetized .
Best wishes to you !

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia
For many reasons I was not able to spay her before the 10th of June. In the meantime while waiting I decided if she is pregnant I am going to let her have them. I know that isn't the popular choice. If she is pregnant this will be her one and only litter and she will be spayed as soon as her babies can be alone for a day. I have MORE than enough responsible, loving homes lined up if need be :) If it turns out she isn't she will be spayed ASAP so this doesn't happen again. :)

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
Bailey2 〰

~ That' s great and good for you . :wave2:
My problem is I fall in love with the little devils and end up spoiling them ! Good you have people who will adopt just in case .
I need to do a better job finding good homes for some of my cats before I have too many !
:bigeyes:

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stillllllll waiting we are at day 37 after the big escape and I still don't know. She is filling out some through the tummy area but not really looking round. Tummy feels a little firmer. She has been very playful the past few days and super loveable. I think I should know by next week..I hope. She is SO picky about her food. She eats the dry kitten chow but will only lick the juices from any canned food. I hope if she is pregnant she is getting enough nutrients.
I have learned so much from reading the posts here! I kind of feel like I could handle almost anything related to pregnancy and kittens
.lol. Thanks to all who take time to answer the endless questions :)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you post a picture of her so that we can see her belly? Do her nipples look any more prominent?

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to get a picture of her belly but no luck so far. Attaching a couple of her lying in my lap. She just looks "thicker" through the belly area and if I put my hand on her belly it feels full.

Attachments

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Usually she is very slim through the belly area

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should see babies move in circa 10 days i believe ! Gosh this has been waiting game . Did vet advise to bring her back at any time so they can check ?

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They did say to bring her back in a couple of weeks to check again if I wanted to. I figure I will know by then. I do remember a cat we had when I was about 13. I reached down to pet her belly one day and got milk all over my hand!! She had babies the next day and we didn't even know she was pregnant. She didn't look pregnant at all and she had 4.
I just see changes in her body. And she moves and lies differently. I did feel about a 2 1/2 inch long something in her belly the other night when I slipped my hand under her while she was in my lap. Haven't been able to feel it since but she really doesn't like me to touch her belly. I know its better if she is not but I can't help but be excited that she may be!
If I had the money and didn't have to work I would have so many animals! Lol. My dream has always been to have enough room and resources to house all the stray and unwanted animals. I would be in heaven!!

Attachments

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
~ I have recently discovered my cats love Fancy Feast ! It must have a great flavor. Too expensive to feed all the time as I have many cats ... but perhaps you can get some your kitty ? And you can always depend on steamed chicken to make a cat hungry . :catrub:

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She DOES like fancy feast but you're right about it being expensive. She won't eat chicken :( such a brat! Lol

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
Ever see this ? 'Special Kitty' wet cat food at Wal-Mart. My cats like it as well as Friskies . It's cheap !
0524171547.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Special Kitty is not a good cat food. Very cheap, very low grade food. I do not recommend it. Friskies is fine.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eh. . .Special Kitty Mixed Grill isn't too bad, pretty comparable to Friskies. Super Supper is lower-quality and the tuna flavor has a lot of fillers, so I don't use those. Turkey & Giblets and Chunky Chicken flavors are also fine. The Beef & Liver is OK too but my cats don't like it. Anyway, I think Purina has a better vitamin premix so I mostly stick with Friskies but I do use those flavors of SK now and then.

The Walmart brand of "gourmet" (little can) food is about the same quality as Fancy Feast but it doesn't cost much less so what's the point.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not really..she just looks and feels "fuller". Eating and sleeping a lot. Today is day 42 so if she really is I would think it WOULD be obvious by now. No heat though..thats weird