Skin and bones very friendly and active ginger. Advice please🙏🏻

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that he is sitting on a piece of towel when he's having a meal. I supposed hat the towel should have his scents. Can you don't wash that towel but hang it dry and once dried, place it inside the shelter. This way, his scent is in it and he won't be weary going in.

Yea, his fir looks much better and also he looks like he pout on a little weight. Thanks to you :heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:
Yes the concrete gets so cold I put the towel or a carpet piece for him to sit on. Once it dries up outside I'll take a bit of straw out and put in the towel, good idea😽

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Fluff ball showed up while OC was eating, so I quickly put some food down for him but when I got some kibble for him he left
. He'll be back, I put what was left in the covered feeding station.
Great that they are eating in peace.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 OC is filling out,he's not looking so sunken in the flanks already- they do fill out pretty quickly when well nourished . Goes to show highly likely just plain old malnourished and not some underlying condition,ticks me off even more...... some people really ruffle my feathers!

He's looking better thanks to you

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OC does look as if he is filling out a bit. I love that. Each time I see his picture, he reminds me more and more of a combo of Artie and Geoffrey. He seems to have Artie's coloring and body shape, and Geoffrey's head shape, especially in profile.

Artie
IMG_0231.jpeg IMG_1780.jpeg GEOFFREY

Now, you know why I would scoop him up, in a heartbeat.

I would just forget about what the mailman MAY say to OC's supposedly "owner"; and see if there is a rescue which would take in a stray for adoption... or start something around you to get him transported somewhere. I know, I am speaking from my heart..
Honestly, I do not know what I would do, if I was in your situation.

love

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
OC does look as if he is filling out a bit. I love that. Each time I see his picture, he reminds me more and more of a combo of Artie and Geoffrey. He seems to have Artie's coloring and body shape, and Geoffrey's head shape, especially in profile.

Artie
View attachment 473666 View attachment 473667GEOFFREY

Now, you know why I would scoop him up, in a heartbeat.

I would just forget about what the mailman MAY say to OC's supposedly "owner"; and see if there is a rescue which would take in a stray for adoption... or start something around you to get him transported somewhere. I know, I am speaking from my heart..
Honestly, I do not know what I would do, if I was in your situation.

love
G drives me crazy,pitter pat goes my heart- my Cheech had a face like Geoffrey with Arties color but man does OC look like my boy did

Thats what our problem is artiemom artiemom -too close to home,our fondest memories
20170111_192516_Burst01.jpg

My Cheech.... orange like Artie and those slanty beautiful cats eyes like G

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately we don't have any rescue groups in our area, just Animal Control (kill), local Animal Protective League- no kill but full, they try to save all cats and maybe dogs from Animal Control kill pen. I'd spoken to APL about OC before I knew he had a 'home'

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately we don't have any rescue groups in our area, just Animal Control (kill), local Animal Protective League- no kill but full, they try to save all cats and maybe dogs from Animal Control kill pen. I'd spoken to APL about OC before I knew he had a 'home'
It's kitten season, anyway, so every facility is full and then some. I pray you are able to adopt OC. He's looking very good. So is Fluffball. Two gorgeous cats! That's a genius idea about taping the paper plates to the plastic bowls, BTW ;) :yess:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
It's kitten season, anyway, so every facility is full and then some. I pray you are able to adopt OC. He's looking very good. So is Fluffball. Two gorgeous cats! That's a genius idea about taping the paper plates to the plastic bowls, BTW ;) :yess:
:touched:Thank you :touched:Thank you 😽 (taking a bow😸) Had to figure out someway to keep the paper food bowls from sliding out.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tt try using
His fur is getting so soft. He ate and left, didn't try to come inside. Really enjoys his KMR, thanks so much Tabbytom.
You are welcomed 😊

Yes, the KMR will help put back some nutrients he needed. Glad he likes it.

Since he let you pet him, next try using a brush and comb his fur. I think he needs some brushing too.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
You are welcomed 😊

Yes, the KMR will help put back some nutrients he needed. Glad he likes it.

Since he let you pet him, next try using a brush and comb his fur. I think he needs some brushing too.
I tried soft brushing him soon after I found out he'd let me pet him but he seem nervous, maybe it was uncomfortable cause fur was thin or skin tender or just not used to it. I'll try again.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried soft brushing him soon after I found out he'd let me pet him but he seem nervous, maybe it was uncomfortable cause fur was thin or skin tender or just not used to it. I'll try again.
Can I suggest letting him do the brushing at first- all my cats love getting brushed,even the new strays & ferals because I always graze their little cheeks and let them brush their own faces at first before I move any further on their bodies- they'll ask for more as they get comfortable

Probably something you already know but maybe not for older cats that have never been brushed-❤They should all come running when they see the brush ,excited because it feels sooooo good

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Are you using a soft bristle brush or the wired ones? Soft bristle brush is more comfortable and does not poke the body.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
You could even start with a soft cloth. It won't pick up much loose fur, but it will get him used to the idea of your touching him with something.
Good idea I use soft cloth gardening gloves when it's cold.