Skin and bones very friendly and active ginger. Advice please🙏🏻

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Latest update: Our mailman was able to tell me where OC, lives just up the alley a block. He says he is an old cat and that there is a heated house on their porch with food & water out. I would love to knock on their door to ask about teeth, flea and worming but Gypsys dad says I shouldn't. As long as he comes by I'll feed him ff and Tabbytoms suggestion of the KMR. And post his pictures on the orange cat thread.:heartshape:
Well,that's what I mentioned earlier thst by the looks of him he is likely a bit up there in age...... the picture I showed you of Cheech was when he was around 16yrs old and lost some muscle mass( striking resemblence)

I don't want to sound disagreeable to Gypsys daddy but if it were me I'd knock on that door- maybe they just can't afford a Vet bill ,maybe they don't know any better now that he's older,maybe maybe maybe..... there's only one way to find out but MAYBE you'll be a welcome Blessing to his owne? Just maybe❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,that's what I mentioned earlier thst by the looks of him he is likely a bit up there in age...... the picture I showed you of Cheech was when he was around 16yrs old and lost some muscle mass( striking resemblence)

I don't want to sound disagreeable to Gypsys daddy but if it were me I'd knock on that door- maybe they just can't afford a Vet bill ,maybe they don't know any better now that he's older,maybe maybe maybe..... there's only one way to find out but MAYBE you'll be a welcome Blessing to his owne? Just maybe❤
💖 Back a few months ago I was helping my neighbor give away small orchids (her husband drives a truck and had an order cancell, we had our wagons loaded going door to door) and OC house was one we went to. (I'd forgotton) OC was on the porch and I was petting him, talking to the woman who answered the door about him when I asked if they let him inside she said no cause when he kneaded against her husbands leg hubby got scratched🤬 I then started asking about shots, worming etc... and the woman said very chirpy and very dismissively stated "My daughters a vet"😠 It's a well-to-do old neighborhood so I don't think it's a lack of financing, maybe just lack of compassion, or maybe he is on a special diet. His ears are filithy and coat is rough and thin. :cloudy:I told all this to Gypsys dad the other day and that's when he said I had better stay away from her and as much as I would love to knock on the door I'd better not, I don't went to make things worse for him. Wish I had the money to ask her if I could have him.:bawling2: I may start loading Gypsy in her backpack and mosey past the house to see if I can try to talk to her. Gypsy doesn't like walking the alleys anymore due to all the backyard barking dogs.We spend our time outside in our back yard and the yard of the empty house next door.
:grouphug:Thanks for all the caring moral support.:grouphug2::touched:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
💖 Back a few months ago I was helping my neighbor give away small orchids (her husband drives a truck and had an order cancell, we had our wagons loaded going door to door) and OC house was one we went to. (I'd forgotton) OC was on the porch and I was petting him, talking to the woman who answered the door about him when I asked if they let him inside she said no cause when he kneaded against her husbands leg hubby got scratched🤬 I then started asking about shots, worming etc... and the woman said very chirpy and very dismissively stated "My daughters a vet"😠 It's a well-to-do old neighborhood so I don't think it's a lack of financing, maybe just lack of compassion, or maybe he is on a special diet. His ears are filithy and coat is rough and thin. :cloudy:I told all this to Gypsys dad the other day and that's when he said I had better stay away from her and as much as I would love to knock on the door I'd better not, I don't went to make things worse for him. Wish I had the money to ask her if I could have him.:bawling2: I may start loading Gypsy in her backpack and mosey past the house to see if I can try to talk to her. Gypsy doesn't like walking the alleys anymore due to all the backyard barking dogs.We spend our time outside in our back yard and the yard of the empty house next door.
:grouphug:Thanks for all the caring moral support.:grouphug2::touched:
Grrr " my daughters a vet"..... ah haa,doubt it- right?Or maybe her daughter lives 3000 miles away.......I can just imagine the knot in the pit of your stomach listening to that woman's dismissive remarks,it's heart wrenching no doubt..... especially poor wussy man that got a widdle boo boo when kitty was kneading :doh::gaah::dunno:

In my younger and reckless days OC would've been " kit napped" and been sitting on my couch kneading my legs,lol

She obviously doesn't care he's wandering the streets and hungry.... I do not like that lady

I love you,I love that you love God's creatures so passionately:alright::hugs:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - last month I kept seeing this little tabby with a white neck in the wee hrs outside my Condo- she started howling by my patio with my clowder all looking out at her( probably in heat)

Anyway I suspected it was this young girls kitty a few doors away as I've seen a kitty in her patio that I thought was her.... I wrote her a note :
Hi,it's Kwik - I'm wondering if the kitty outside at night is yours becsusd I'm about to capture her to put up for adoption as thsts what I do with strays & ferals - so I'm just making sure first that she's a stray- my phone number

The girl called me to say it wasn't hers but she knew who's it was - from another building ..... I wrote another note and the nice girl delivered it- no call! Anyway,trapped kitty,she was in heat- she was spayed and just 3days ago adopted.....

And thsts that- I don't care who likes it and who doesnt,thst kitty was running around a busy parking lot night after night ,underfed and her ears were disgustingly filthy with mites....you want a cat? Why? I don't get it?

Everyone around here knows me- don't abuse or neglect your pet because if Kwik finds out ....lol

Last edited:

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far it's every night, I'll get the KMR today. I'm going to try and create a place for him to sleep today but there's not really a good place to set one up outside. I'm reaching out to APL about maybe one of their rescuers keeping him overnight for me so I can get him checked out since he only shows up near dark, sometimes he comes earlier. I really think he wants to come in, breaks my heart. I'll not give up on him. Can you tell if a male cat has been neutered or not? I finally kinda got a look last night and think there's a small sac.View attachment 473027View attachment 473028View attachment 473029
I have never felt anything skin and bones before, don't know how he has the energy he does. He lets me pet his head back & tail.
Can't be 100% sure from a photo, but he does seem to be neutered.

Can you feel the individual ribs and knobs of his spine when you stroke him?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik , LOL, I am the same. In fact the cats I have right now started out as the neighbors. After I nursed them through distemper and after the little female kept bring kittens over across the busy street because he didn't feed them ("they can catch mice") and 5 kittens were killed, I brought her to the vet and had her spayed, then neutered the 2 remaining kittens. They have been with me 10 years! Almost every cat I fed in that neighborhood was neutered/spayed by me. A happy cat stays home......

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik , LOL, I am the same. In fact the cats I have right now started out as the neighbors. After I nursed them through distemper and after the little female kept bring kittens over across the busy street because he didn't feed them ("they can catch mice") and 5 kittens were killed, I brought her to the vet and had her spayed, then neutered the 2 remaining kittens. They have been with me 10 years! Almost every cat I fed in that neighborhood was neutered/spayed by me. A happy cat stays home......
❤My sentiments EXACTLY👍
My neighbor has been feeding a semi feral for many years and she lived by a lot next to their restuarant ( around the corner) many years- after they retired and sold the restaurant the little girl followed them home(I had no idea she wasn't spayed because they barely speak English) she showed up one day with a little tabby kitten....I took him,my Max---- about a week later they came asking if I saw the little one and I invited them in .... They were very happy ,I had them trap Mama and she's spayed

I'm sorry but I don't feel any discussion is warranted - if there's a cat roaming this busy parking lot and no one is out here yelling out " here kitty kitty" then that speaks volumes - we scan for chips,ask around but honey,watch your babies

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - we sure feel your pain,it's just sickening the excuses people have for not bringing a cat inside and for goodness sakes if you can't then find someone who can!

And that ' too feral ' excuse kills me- then hire someone like me to help you out! My Lord there's enough organizations out there to get well informed- that woman doesn't deserve that beautiful orange boy...... Doesn't she wonder where he is when he's at your house because he's hungry?Oooh it makes me so angry!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do as Kwik Kwik suggested. I would take him to my own Vet.. and then either keep him, myself, of take him to a rescue. I doubt very much that OC 'owner's daughter is a Vet".. Probably an excuse to have you leave and not bother them gain.

OR can you call a rescue, to trap him? Pretend you do not know who OC's "owner" is. It is a lie, but It is done for a good intention-- to save OC. This way, if OC owner wants him back, there is proof of him being abused.

He is such a sweetie, He deserves to live out the rest of his life with love, and in comfort.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - we sure feel your pain,it's just sickening the excuses people have for not bringing a cat inside and for goodness sakes if you can't then find someone who can!

And that ' too feral ' excuse kills me- then hire someone like me to help you out! My Lord there's enough organizations out there to get well informed- that woman doesn't deserve that beautiful orange boy...... Doesn't she wonder where he is when he's at your house because he's hungry?Oooh it makes me so angry!
Yep, me too. Around 7:30 yesterday G's dad rushed out the front door on the way to the library and literally bumped into OC who was on the top step! (I think he would have come inside!!) GD immediately profusely apologized and after some pets and scritches was forgiven. I had set out a couple if bowls of wet Friskies and a bowl of Purina One hairball kibble but OC had just nibbled and was waiting on the steps for the good stuff which of course I immediately provided along with more pets, scritches and butt scratches. He has such a long and expressive tail which he allows me to stroke, he's such a nice cat. He may wander closer to home during the day, I don't know if the woman /hubby leave to go to work. It's been very cold at nite here and I worry if they have the heat turned on in OCs house, does he have soft stuff to lay on for his poor old bones in addition to worrying about flea etc...protection.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, me too. Around 7:30 yesterday G's dad rushed out the front door on the way to the library and literally bumped into OC who was on the top step! (I think he would have come inside!!) GD immediately profusely apologized and after some pets and scritches was forgiven. I had set out a couple if bowls of wet Friskies and a bowl of Purina One hairball kibble but OC had just nibbled and was waiting on the steps for the good stuff which of course I immediately provided along with more pets, scritches and butt scratches. He has such a long and expressive tail which he allows me to stroke, he's such a nice cat. He may wander closer to home during the day, I don't know if the woman /hubby leave to go to work. It's been very cold at nite here and I worry if they have the heat turned on in OCs house, does he have soft stuff to lay on for his poor old bones in addition to worrying about flea etc...protection.
I swore 5 is it and I mean it
BUT if that boy who looks like my beloved Cheech showed up he'd be sitting right here on my lap!!!!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I swore 5 is it and I mean it
BUT if that boy who looks like my beloved Cheech showed up he'd be sitting right here on my lap!!!!
If the mailman didn't know about it, II knew which vet the daughter worked at and I had the means to pay for his medical bills I'd let him inside into my carrier 😽

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
He's absolutely beautiful- what a sweetheart ( of course Im very partial to orange boys- the sweetest babies imo)

Are you going to bring him in? HE IS IRRESISTABLE!

It can simply be the Flehman reaction but I'd not say without seeing a video because it can be a symptom of a couple of conditions ( like TMJ disorder) - is his ability to eat inpaired? Is it only AFTER eating ? In case I miss your video I'd appreciate tagging me ,if that's okay

You did say he's skin n bones and I'd imagine eating and smelling the delicious FF is triggering the scent organs in the roof of his mouth and he's just taking it all in as much as he can- I hope so,I'm anxious to see.....
He eats fine, its after he eats, will tag you when I get a chance to try to upload the video😽

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Sorry I haven't kept up. How should I fix the KRM for him. I got it today
There should be instructions on the can. You can give a tablespoon of powder to roughly per 5 lbs of body weight. If you are afraid that he does not drink it, you can mix it up with the food. 1 tablespoon to 2 tablespoon of water. If he drinks well, you can add a little more water or else mix it with the food.

Do not let leave the milk out too long. Just give him once a day will do.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
If the mailman didn't know about it, II knew which vet the daughter worked at and I had the means to pay for his medical bills I'd let him inside into my carrier 😽
I do understand,really I do.....plus you've got a Gypsys Daddy and I'd imagine these are the kind of things where couples must agree on and could cause problems with neighbors.....I admire your respect for one another and desire to do what is right -dont think I don't understand how difficult things can get when boundaries are crossed,legally and otherwise...... you're in a sticky situation,I know those well

Lol- me? I just don't care -must be those Sicilian New Yorker roots- always jump in head first- uh oh!Plus I am by myself so no one else is subject to any consequence of my actions,just me.Youre a good person.... ❤ We are all here for you

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
There should be instructions on the can. You can give a tablespoon of powder to roughly per 5 lbs of body weight. If you are afraid that he does not drink it, you can mix it up with the food. 1 tablespoon to 2 tablespoon of water. If he drinks well, you can add a little more water or else mix it with the food.

Do not let leave the milk out too long. Just give him once a day will do.
Thanks Tabby, I wasn't sure if the instructions needed to be changed since he is an adult. I've no idea what he weighs but I probably can set our scale out for him to sit on. I got him some ff senior wet, it's minced so easy to chew. Once a day right around dark is the only time he shows up. I've got some Gerber baby food. (It's water,chicken and cornstarch) I can use to mix it with.😽

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I do understand,really I do.....plus you've got a Gypsys Daddy and I'd imagine these are the kind of things where couples must agree on and could cause problems with neighbors.....I admire your respect for one another and desire to do what is right -dont think I don't understand how difficult things can get when boundaries are crossed,legally and otherwise...... you're in a sticky situation,I know those well

Lol- me? I just don't care -must be those Sicilian New Yorker roots- always jump in head first- uh oh!Plus I am by myself so no one else is subject to any consequence of my actions,just me.Youre a good person.... ❤ We are all here for you
Oh Gypsys dad would be fine with whatever I decide, he's a kitty lover. We're both concerned with the Legal aspect, worried how Gypsy would deal with another cat in the house, possible inside damage (since we rent) and the financial end.
20240328_234742.jpg
Screenshot_20240328-235053_Gallery.jpg
20240329_073439.jpg