Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
? Mackerel tabby, chocolate classic tabby, brown mackerel tabby, black classic tabby, ghost or shadow mackerel tabby, tortoiseshell tabby. Which brings me to my question- are all cats tabby somewhere in their genetic makeup?? Beginning to wonder because I only have two out of ten that does not have a discernible tabby pattern.
Yes, tabby is the ancestral, default pattern for cats.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My darling Caitlin (mostly known as Katie or Katiekins) in her kittenhood, being Miss Ultra-Cute. I don't have too many photos of her online, I've never got around to scanning the many albums with pictures of her and the other four we had during the 90s.

View attachment 456108
Awww I love the nickname Katiekins!!! She is so beautiful. This picture is absolutely adorable!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww I love the nickname Katiekins!!! She is so beautiful. This picture is absolutely adorable!
Thank you! She was a beautiful cat all her life, and with So. Much. Catitude. :lol:

(That's Magnus, resident bully and constant client at the vet, on my lap, and Mamie, Magnus's most frequent target in the family, on the couch. Hadji and Freya were presumably elsewhere in the house.)

99295095-7463-453E-B4E8-90550C95EBC2.jpeg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She was a beautiful cat all her life, and with So. Much. Catitude. :lol:

(That's Magnus, resident bully and constant client at the vet, on my lap, and Mamie, Magnus's most frequent target in the family, on the couch. Hadji and Freya were presumably elsewhere in the house.)

View attachment 456123
This picture says it all... a house full of love! I can see they know they are loved! Too bad Hadji and Freya weren't there too. Then it would have been a perfect picture with all of your beautiful babies!
Magnus is definitely eyeing Mamie in this picture lol and Mamie looking at Magnus like please, just don't lol

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This picture says it all... a house full of love! I can see they know they are loved! Too bad Hadji and Freya weren't there too. Then it would have been a perfect picture with all of your beautiful babies!
Magnus is definitely eyeing Mamie in this picture lol and Mamie looking at Magnus like please, just don't lol
Yes, I'll have to scan a picture of them all sometime!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like she was trying to sleep and caught you taking her picture lol
She is a beautiful little lady!
Yep that's what happened, she went right back asleep.
20230731_225017.jpg

And thanks, we think she's booutiful too, and tell her so consistantly

Fostercatmom_358

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a wonderful tabby as my profile pic. I've never had a cat, but I've fostered many, all but one tabbies lol. The one on my profile is Ziggy.
IMG_20230101_175658.jpg

Ziggy, watching as Silver jumps off the bed.

IMG_20221001_125719.jpg

Leo, being awakened from his nap.
IMG_20230424_013532.jpg

Sophie, a perfect yummy-looking bread loaf keeping me up at night.

Hope you enjoyed my foster tabbies :) There are many more tho-

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous stripers, all, and thanks for sharing them with us! Welcome to TCS, mmdesolate mmdesolate and regal Mallow, and Fostercatmom_358 Fostercatmom_358 and Ziggy, Leo, and Sophie beauties! I am definitely enjoying these beautiful pix and as a lifelong cat advocate, the fact that you foster!!! Keep up the great and extremely important work on behalf of the cats we love so much! :yess:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww it's official YAY FOR TIMMY!!!!! This is huge. I'm so glad he is finally a housecat.
I agree with tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 "housecat" does have a lovely ring to it especially with Timmy and Housecat in the same sentence.
Name it & claim it!..... Poor little Bella was named something that meant " homely/ugly"- immediately I said " her name us BELLA" and she's beautiful...... everyone looked at me like" uh,okay?"
Here's Bella today-
20211217_092848_HDR_(1)_(1).jpg

Oops- no torties allowed? But you get my case & point!❤