Sassy - 17yr Old Cat - Appetite Issue (early Ckd)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But also, why wouldn't the vet bring up the calcium? He did mention the urea nitrogen was slightly higher then normal limits but he still even then said that is not enough to be causing her to feel sick. Unless he is BS me...
He could very well be a great vet. It's just because of what the new young vet explained to me when we were going thru the same thing, about looking at the whole and not just focusing on averages and specific "nutrient" levels.
So, here is what I mean....

According to the blood panel normal "ranges" are as follows.
Creatinine = 0.6 - 2.4
Bun = 4 - 33
Urea = 14 - 36
Calcium = 8.2 - 10.8

Those are quite a wide spectrum for what is considered normal.
If my cats normal for (we'll use the BUN as the example) is 16, jumping up to 18 (like in your cats case) would not be very concerning. But if your cats normal was 6, then a jump to 18 would be concerning. Unfortunately, as is in most cases, we tend to not get a base line blood test done to have on file for comparisons, but depending on what YOUR cat's base line "normal" is her CKD COULD be worse than it shows.
There is obviously some toxicity build up in her system, because some of her values are higher than the normal range. So IF HER normal calcium should be closer to the 8.2 than she is VERY high, same with Urea, if HER normal should be closer to 14, again she is VERY high.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He could very well be a great vet. It's just because of what the new young vet explained to me when we were going thru the same thing, about looking at the whole and not just focusing on averages and specific "nutrient" levels.
So, here is what I mean....

According to the blood panel normal "ranges" are as follows.
Creatinine = 0.6 - 2.4
Bun = 4 - 33
Urea = 14 - 36
Calcium = 8.2 - 10.8

Those are quite a wide spectrum for what is considered normal.
If my cats normal for (we'll use the BUN as the example) is 16, jumping up to 18 (like in your cats case) would not be very concerning. But if your cats normal was 6, then a jump to 18 would be concerning. Unfortunately, as is in most cases, we tend to not get a base line blood test done to have on file for comparisons, but depending on what YOUR cat's base line "normal" is her CKD COULD be worse than it shows.
There is obviously some toxicity build up in her system, because some of her values are higher than the normal range. So IF HER normal calcium should be closer to the 8.2 than she is VERY high, same with Urea, if HER normal should be closer to 14, again she is VERY high.
Understood. Totally.

I guess in that case...I'd never know what her normal was :( because I only took her in June of 2017 because of her decreased appetite. Got bloodwork done (posted on here too) and everything was normal. The only thing that made the vet deem it was early CKD was her Specific Gravity of her urine. That was all. And everyone on here when I first posted back in June 2017 was saying they didn't see CKD in her at all based on that bloodwork. And the issue I guess knowing her normal is taht prior to June 2017, she had been relatively healthy all the way, she gained weight slightly but overall maintained and ate well. She didn't visit a vet for about 6 years! So the only normal values I guess I can compare it too or gauge it is June of 2017 which for now doesn't seem to have increased as much. I mean I think went up August 2018 but then went down, now back up, and really, vet and I haven't done much as far as meds or treatments to keep those numbers in check since June 2017. All I've done was to find the foods she loved most with least amount of phosphorus per Tanya site and thank god she been eating that. And again, throughout of these 2 years of CKD being diagnosed, for the most part she'd be eating well. Just occasional flare ups as such as these where she decides to eat less then her normal amount, but not look sick. And while she does mostly sleep I guess because shes old? But when shes hungry or thirsty she'd come meow at me or jump at my desk to be with me and such or greet me at my door when i get home from work. So overall she seems like herself, just the appettite been an issue.

The only jump i really see in her blood (if we use JUne 2017 as benchmark) , her creatine was 1.7, then went up to 2.0 2018, and now to 2.1 in 2019.
Her BUN has gone up and down by 2 pts...but held steady. Her urea nitrogen was 33, then down 31, and now up to 37. Calcium was 9.5...then now 11 since august 2018. So yeah it did increase but vet said it's suspected in cat with CKD but he hasn't really given me any instructions on how to tackle it. i guess he doesn't think its that treatable yet since he said it's not the cause for her lack of appetite. But you're somewhat saying it is...so that's the confusing part I guess but totally undersatnd your point too.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But you're somewhat saying it is
I'm not saying it definitely is, just that is could be playing a part. I also don't want you to think that I'm saying her CKD is severely progressing or anything, the vet is right that her levels have not jumped dramatically, I just know how well fluids, which are a relatively safe thing to try, to help flush toxicity. IF the calcium and urea are the cause of the nausea and decreased appetite, I just don't want those values to be ignored until it's really bad.

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not saying it definitely is, just that is could be playing a part. I also don't want you to think that I'm saying her CKD is severely progressing or anything, the vet is right that her levels have not jumped dramatically, I just know how well fluids, which are a relatively safe thing to try, to help flush toxicity. IF the calcium and urea are the cause of the nausea and decreased appetite, I just don't want those values to be ignored until it's really bad.
Yeah and i was researrching those fluids thing for cats, that is some scary stuff to put on her :( . And Im guessing it will get to that point where she will need those fluids too.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah and i was researrching those fluids thing for cats, that is some scary stuff to put on her :( .
Honestly, it's not as bad as it sounds. We did it with ours for 4 years. And in the last 2.5 years of Toby's life it was daily. He hardly noticed. It was harder on us than him lol!
I was terrified to the point where I almost thew up the first time. But it really was pretty easy and he didn't even flinch. Cats take needles very well. Some cats can be feisty, but when you get to that point, there are several tips I've learned along the way that can help you keep kitty calm.
Those less than 5 minutes a day, is what kept him going as long as he did, and until the very end, his quality of life was great.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I still think you need to consider getting a second opinion from another vet in a different practice. Perhaps, even before you get an ultrasound done. You can get a copy of all of Sassy's records to share with the new vet to help reduce redundant tests/costs.

If you do have your current vet perform an ultrasound - just to rule out issues like IBD that they were considering - and it comes back clear and your vet wants to go back down the 'behavioral' path, then it is truly time for a second opinion.

Just let Sassy have some time with the new Mirtazapine regimen to get her eating back on track!

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still think you need to consider getting a second opinion from another vet in a different practice. Perhaps, even before you get an ultrasound done. You can get a copy of all of Sassy's records to share with the new vet to help reduce redundant tests/costs.

If you do have your current vet perform an ultrasound - just to rule out issues like IBD that they were considering - and it comes back clear and your vet wants to go back down the 'behavioral' path, then it is truly time for a second opinion.

Just let Sassy have some time with the new Mirtazapine regimen to get her eating back on track!
I mean there are two different vets in that same location...I could go for that second younger vet and see what his inputs are? But just taking Sassy to vet soooo stressful on her, she cries so much just once she's in her bag to take her away. And even slightly worried too (which I may have to ask vet) for the ultrasound, she needs to get sedated but would her kidneys tolerate it?

But to go to an entire different location vet not sure if that would be possible...but then if xrays, blood and ultrasound is all clear, then not sure what else it could be (which then I guess comes in second opinion).

And yeah she's only taken that 1 mg of mirtzapine Thursday morning. She kinda ate like her normal self today...though much more quieter today. I will seein about an hour how her eating for dinner goes. Id assume if she eats normally then I can hold off on the mirtazapine until she needs its again?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How are things going?

I mean there are two different vets in that same location...I could go for that second younger vet and see what his inputs are?
Whether or not it is true of all vets, most of the time when you see another vet in the same practice, it is pretty likely that they will agree with their colleague.

I merely suggested a different vet practice, because I don't like the idea that your vet wants to go down the 'behavioral path' if the ultrasound doesn't reveal anything. Just by suggesting that makes me feel he isn't taking this as seriously as he should.

And even slightly worried too (which I may have to ask vet) for the ultrasound, she needs to get sedated but would her kidneys tolerate it?
That is truly a question for the vet. They should be able to give you an idea of the risks as they relate to her current status.

But just taking Sassy to vet soooo stressful on her, she cries so much just once she's in her bag to take her away.
Have you ever considered trying some of the cat calming products that are on the market to see if they might help relax her a bit. Feliway, and Bach Rescue Remedy (which are drops you can rub into a cat's ear prior to a vet visit) are two of many. Not all work for all cats, so you might have to experiment with multiple ones.

Id assume if she eats normally then I can hold off on the mirtazapine until she needs its again?
If she continues to eat OK, then I guess you can hold off. However, wasn't she only due to get it a couple of times a week?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he wasn't sure. Because based on her latest bloodwork last week, He said that he doesn't see it being a kidney or liver or other organ related issue just based on the bloodwork. Howevert the bloodwork doesn't show everything which he's right. So the next steps were to do an XRAY or ultrasound to see inside her to rule out any tumors or cancers or even IBD.

He had also suggested to try the Mirtazapine 1mg twice a week see if that gets her to eat though that isn't really curing the problem, just making her eat. Last thing he said if ultrasound shows nothing along with Xrays then it could be just a behavorial problem...but I dont know if that can be the case.

No, I don't think a behavioral problem would keep her from eating, cats have just too much of a survivor instinct in them.

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How are things going?

Whether or not it is true of all vets, most of the time when you see another vet in the same practice, it is pretty likely that they will agree with their colleague.

I merely suggested a different vet practice, because I don't like the idea that your vet wants to go down the 'behavioral path' if the ultrasound doesn't reveal anything. Just by suggesting that makes me feel he isn't taking this as seriously as he should.

That is truly a question for the vet. They should be able to give you an idea of the risks as they relate to her current status.

Have you ever considered trying some of the cat calming products that are on the market to see if they might help relax her a bit. Feliway, and Bach Rescue Remedy (which are drops you can rub into a cat's ear prior to a vet visit) are two of many. Not all work for all cats, so you might have to experiment with multiple ones.

If she continues to eat OK, then I guess you can hold off. However, wasn't she only due to get it a couple of times a week?

Hello,

Things...arent going so well again. This morning she ate half what she would eat and now this evening she would barely lick her food. She stays in kitchen wanting to eat but then doesn't want to go near her plate. She ate some dry food few hours ago, but she also had spit out some water too but then drank water again right after just fine and fell asleep.

I figuring that the Mirtazapine has wore off as its a complete 180 here and shes back to eating very little again. Yes, she was prescribed just 1mg of mirtazapine twice a week...so i guess time for it again. But her not eating as much now again just means to me there is something wrong for sure otherwise she should have responded well to this 1 Mirtzapine like she did in January (which took literally just one 2mg pill). ALthough, she did get injections I think of Cerenia and fomatidine to start as well, then she had those pills to take for 5 days and she was better then...lasted few months.

I did speak to the vet few hours ago, he called to check on Sassy. He said that its up to me, that he didn't see anything in Xrays, her bloodwork does not indicate any diseases going on that would cause her for decrease appetite. I asked about Calcium and Urea Nitrogen and he said "there's no way at all" that's causing her to feel ill. The calcium is 2/10ths off from normal and urea nitrogen just a point above normal limit. So he deemed it for sure that its not her kidneys and that he still finds it remarkable after 2 years, she hasn't really progressed that much in her disease. He said we can also try the Cerenia and FOmatidine as that treats ulcers, nausea and any gastrointestinal issues inside her, see how she reacts? but he said it was my choice.

So now I have no choice but to do the ultrasound and HOPE something WILL come out in it so it can be treated because otherwise, he said then next tests would be to do biopsies and such but I just feel that's way to invasive. At that point if nothing else can be done, I rather just keep her on mirtazapine as long as I can and if he just stops eating then put her down because it's getting really stressful. I can't even work properly nor focus because I think of Sassy all the time. It's such a shame since all it is her not eating well that's the issue. Im sure she isn't dying but her not eating gets me sick inside. Her blood to the vet still seems ok, and I know shes 17 which is very old, but to me Sassy has always been a fighter, maybe I get the sense she's tired and now is giving up :(.

As per other vets in area, yeah there are 2 that I've tried in years past with another cat of mines that we put down (had tilted head issues), plus wen to an animal hospital, no one knew what he had so we gave up because he couldnt walk no more, head just sliding on floor tilted, not eating it was really bad. So the 2 other nearest vet locations imo just suck so hence why I trust this one I'm going to now as I've known him for long time. The other 2 I tried since they were new and had "good reviews" but no, they sucked. Bed manners, diagnosis, WAY over priced, etc. Was just bad.

So now you can see how stressful this situation is to me, but I 100% appreciate at least your feedback, comments and everyone else that's replied back.

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And also, what I would like feedback on, if ultrasound does come back normal, then what else can any of you suggest? Yes Behavorial doesn't seem to make sense...but maybe because shes old shes bound to eat less?

Should I try the Cerenia and Fomatidine? I mean Ultrasound I think is as detailed of a visualization of her body the vet can get and if nothing shows, I just simply don't know what else. I dont want her to be on Mirtazapine forever (unless it now is at that point)...
I will ask after ultrasound to the vet about sub-q fluids (if ultrasound comes normal) but again, he strongly claimed that based of her latest bloodwork, her kidneys is not causing her to fill ill and that her blood work is still "remarkable".

Thank You

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another quick update.

So Sassy did not want to eat dinner about hour and half ago (when she normally eats) though she came out to kitchen, tried giving her food, she just licked juice of can and then walked away.

So now hour and half later, she woke up was moewing at me, then she went out to kitchen again was sitting there waiting for food. I was like great, she wants to eat!! I opened a newer different flavor can, she began licking the juice then after just few seconds she imediately stoped and walked quickly away from kitchen...

So I'm guessing shes sick/nausea because now she just barely licking. She wants food, but she must feel sick to not fully eat.

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
6:00 AM - 07/09/19 Update

So I wrote yesterday she had thrown up some water after i got home from work. Now this early morning, I think she may have drank good amount of water (was asleep) but then she came to my room and threw up alot of that water she drank and that woke me up. No blood or foam nothing though.

Though strangely enough, and maybe because she didn't eat at all last night, right after throwing up she was asking for food so she waited for me in kitchen. I thought she was nausea and I guess time for her next Mirtazapine dosage (last thursday was last time). I might have jumped the gun and given her that 1mg to soon? I was told it was an anti-nausea too so I figured to give her now so she can eat when it takes effect in like an hour or two. But no, she wanted food nearly minutes after taking the pill and she ate normally. But I don't think that was the pill working that fast...? but I didn't give her too much at once so her stomach expand and throw up the food. Now she resting but I'm sure in another hour two she will cry again for food...

Another question though. I go to work in about 2 hours from now. I'm sure when shes alone, she will cry a lot due to pill...and no one will be here at home until 5pm later on. Is that ok? Should i attempt to run back home from work like midday to check on her? Or will she eventually just sleep? That was fear of giving her this medicine during weekdays when no one is home and all at work.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she eats any dry food at all, you can put that down for her to eat while you are gone. If you can go home midday and check on her, do so. At least that way, if she has run out of food you can give her more.

If it were me, I would wait to see how this most recent Mirtazapine dosage plays out. If she goes back to eating again, and no more throwing up water, then why give her more meds? If the throwing up water continues, then by all means add back the Cerenia and Fomatidine.

The thing is you might be waiting a tad bit too long between doses of the Mirtazapine. How often did the vet say to give it to her? If you give it to her on the vet's recommended schedule, that might be better than making her ride a roller coaster of wanting to eat and then not wanting to eat. If the doses are still making her vocal (which, don't forget is a common side effect), then ask the vet about reducing the dose to 1/2 mg, if that is possible to break up the pill into quarters.

If the ultrasound would show nothing, and you elect not to do any more testing (e.g.; biopsies), then having her stay on a dose of Mirtazapine for the rest of her life, is really not that bad, is it? Maybe, you will have to add Cerenia and Fomatidine, if not all the time, periodically.

You spoke of putting her down if the Mirtazapine stops working - did someone tell you that there is a likelihood that it will stop working over time? Frankly speaking, if no one told you that, then I would not be wasting my concern over something that might not ever happen.

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she eats any dry food at all, you can put that down for her to eat while you are gone. If you can go home midday and check on her, do so. At least that way, if she has run out of food you can give her more.

If it were me, I would wait to see how this most recent Mirtazapine dosage plays out. If she goes back to eating again, and no more throwing up water, then why give her more meds? If the throwing up water continues, then by all means add back the Cerenia and Fomatidine.

The thing is you might be waiting a tad bit too long between doses of the Mirtazapine. How often did the vet say to give it to her? If you give it to her on the vet's recommended schedule, that might be better than making her ride a roller coaster of wanting to eat and then not wanting to eat. If the doses are still making her vocal (which, don't forget is a common side effect), then ask the vet about reducing the dose to 1/2 mg, if that is possible to break up the pill into quarters.

If the ultrasound would show nothing, and you elect not to do any more testing (e.g.; biopsies), then having her stay on a dose of Mirtazapine for the rest of her life, is really not that bad, is it? Maybe, you will have to add Cerenia and Fomatidine, if not all the time, periodically.

You spoke of putting her down if the Mirtazapine stops working - did someone tell you that there is a likelihood that it will stop working over time? Frankly speaking, if no one told you that, then I would not be wasting my concern over something that might not ever happen.
Yeah I gave her 1mg mIrtazapine back on July 4th in the morning. And now I just gave it to her this morning because last night she would just lick the juice of the food and walk away. They wrote on contained that 1mg twice a week. So I guess every 3.5 days? And sorry the reason I did the gap or just held of giving her 2nd mirtzapine was because again in January she was very similar as to not eating and throwing up, but in that instance, she was given i think cerenia and/or fomatidine injections to start her, then brought her home, gave her a 2mg mirtazapine (which made her meow like crazy all night), then the following day just cerenia and fomatidine for like...3-4 days but no mirtazpine. Then weeks to come she was completely fine. So I figured 1 mirtazapine this time around (although its 1mg) would work but I guess she really needs the cerenia and Fomatidine (which i picked up short while ago).

I guess Mirtazapine will always work...but I'm just completely confused as to how this came about. Well, more confused that it isn't really improving...but maybe really with cerenia and fomatidine she will improve as in January and just after several days she was fine on her own for months to come? I just hope ultrasound does show something because then I just simply wouldn't know what else is causing it. Plus with mirtazapine, isn't it being excreted through her kidneys? so like, wouldn't it damage her kidneys further or accelerate her disease? I was hoping this was more of a mere stomach virus/gastro intestinal or ulcer or gastritis or something as she had in the past that is easily curable with meds. Although back in January, without that ultrasound, we went with assumption as if she had gastritis of some sort which she got the famotidine and cerenia. And I guess she did have that since it helped her for several months...you know? But at this point I'm just speculating and guessing... :(

And I think I'm more concerned if I have to pill her from now on...for this upcoming trip I got end of month Ill be gone for 8 days. Ill have family watching over my cats but I'll have to teach them how to pill her. I was also hoping to have her all healed by then. Her ultrasound is shceduled for the 18th next week (soonest available).

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Plus with mirtazapine, isn't it being excreted through her kidneys? so like, wouldn't it damage her kidneys further or accelerate her disease?
You are doing a pretty small amount of this med, so while it is processed by the kidneys, it can't affect them as much as larger, more frequent doses would.

but I guess she really needs the cerenia and Fomatidine (which i picked up short while ago).
I may be behind the times, but I thought Cerenia was to be given to cats in an injectable form only - I presume you are doing an injection yourself? If you have pills, call and verify the pills are OK.

I still don't understand why you are rushing to add Cerenia and Fomatidine this quickly after administering the Mirtazapine. Do you just not think the Mirtazapine will work on it's own?

You know your cat better than I do, so do whatever you think is the best route for Sassy. I know you just want Sassy to eat and feel better.

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are doing a pretty small amount of this med, so while it is processed by the kidneys, it can't affect them as much as larger, more frequent doses would.

I may be behind the times, but I thought Cerenia was to be given to cats in an injectable form only - I presume you are doing an injection yourself? If you have pills, call and verify the pills are OK.

I still don't understand why you are rushing to add Cerenia and Fomatidine this quickly after administering the Mirtazapine. Do you just not think the Mirtazapine will work on it's own?

You know your cat better than I do, so do whatever you think is the best route for Sassy. I know you just want Sassy to eat and feel better.
Well and maybe im wrong, but I just feel the Mirtazapine is just a cheating way to trick her brain to eat, stimulating it. I mean, she supposed to be eating on her own right unless shes sick? So it remains to be seen whats causing her to be nausea or her not eating. But it also dissapoints me bit that my vet can't suggest what could be wrong and go straight to ultrasound. Like i feel she stresses everytime she goes there because shes moewing so much when we leave home. Unless its normal for cats to be like that.

But yes its small dosage so I figured it wouldn't affect her as much? But for her to be on it sorta permanent? I just wonder what it would do.

And overall i just dont like how even this 1mg makes her vocalize when she wants to eat. It's not constant meows but she comes asking for food but its loud. Her normal self prior to this would just wait for me by my desk without being vocal or be out side in hallway or kitchen waiting, then Id give her food and she would eat just fine.

And why rush to add Cerenia Fomatidine? Well like the vet said, we aren't curing anything with mirtazapine, we just making her eat more calories. Isn't he right? Maybe with Fomatidine she would have less acid, or feel less nausea and cause her to eat on her own will? Cerenia is for the vomiting i think. It's a 4mg table I got. So is it not necessary for her throwing up the water as shes been doing again? And clearly after this first dosage of mirtazapine, it wore off and she began to eat less again. Unlike in January, she took one 2mg only first evening, she had an injection I believe of both fomatidine and cerenia after vet visit, and she began recovering days after. Never gave her mirtazpine as it made her way too vocal and she got fine after. But that's the problem, I don't know if its the same isssue she had back In January which is still unknown what she had. But she improved after but now having same symptoms again.

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

But also, just overall I know the Mirtazapine is making her eat, which relieves me somewhat but she doesnt seem like herself with it thats all.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All of these meds are not cures - they are to take care of symptoms brought on by an underlying cause. So, you can call them all 'cheating' in their own right because they curb/stop the symptom, they don't cure. As long as the underlying cause is not identified and addressed, the symptoms will reappear, unless the matter is a total fluke. But, as you last said, she needs to eat to keep her health up. That is first and foremost.

And, perhaps she is not herself because of her age. My Feeby (14+ yo) is no longer how she once was either, and unfortunately, a lot of that does have to do with age. But, that is part of life for humans and cats alike. So, life changes some, but it can still be good.

You still need to look into a second opinion, or ask your vet about consulting with a vet university for some assistance.

I think trying calming products to help with her vet visits has already been suggested. It is all overwhelming, so when you find some time, you might read back through all the posts to catch information you didn't the first time - and, to help you reflect on the overall situation. I find re-reading information can be very helpful!!

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of these meds are not cures - they are to take care of symptoms brought on by an underlying cause. So, you can call them all 'cheating' in their own right because they curb/stop the symptom, they don't cure. As long as the underlying cause is not identified and addressed, the symptoms will reappear, unless the matter is a total fluke. But, as you last said, she needs to eat to keep her health up. That is first and foremost.

And, perhaps she is not herself because of her age. My Feeby (14+ yo) is no longer how she once was either, and unfortunately, a lot of that does have to do with age. But, that is part of life for humans and cats alike. So, life changes some, but it can still be good.

You still need to look into a second opinion, or ask your vet about consulting with a vet university for some assistance.

I think trying calming products to help with her vet visits has already been suggested. It is all overwhelming, so when you find some time, you might read back through all the posts to catch information you didn't the first time - and, to help you reflect on the overall situation. I find re-reading information can be very helpful!!
Thank you so much. I will keep posting updates on her as days go by. I guess I was just looking for a similar outcome with medication since it has happened in the past. Even if the meds are just relieving symptoms but not curing, I just wonder what are the possibilities of issues that could be that since January, with these meds, she got better and was fine for months and now come back? Sorta wished others had thoughts on this as I asked my vet but he just said simply doesn't know. I will also try look into another location for vet for second opinion.

And yeah I guess her age being 17, shes bound to be lethargic bit and change from say several years ago.

Also while she did throw up alot of water she drank very early this morning. It seems like she threw up some water on my TV furniture over night? That before I left to work I noticed it there. But upon cleaning it, there was some chunk of hair but the liquid was bit pinkish? Not red or anything, just overall clear with some areas very light pink. Could that be blood? I'm going to ask the vet tomorrow as well.