Rescue cat possibly pregnant?

Bambiii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
unfortunately the scale we got was delivered to my bf’s house which is stuck out of town due to the pandemic, so i havent been able to weigh any of them and its been a hell of a ride doing this alone but im trying my best to keep an eye for any of them that isnt eating well, they do fight a lot over the tits which worries me. I was also worried about her maternal instincts she was a rescue we got her at the age of 2 month and i thought no one taught her anything but she proved me wrong her maternal instincts kicked in she rushes at their tiniest squeeks and its adorable , just makes me want to give her so much more love 🥺❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
unfortunately the scale we got was delivered to my bf’s house which is stuck out of town due to the pandemic, so i havent been able to weigh any of them and its been a hell of a ride doing this alone but im trying my best to keep an eye for any of them that isnt eating well, they do fight a lot over the tits which worries me. I was also worried about her maternal instincts she was a rescue we got her at the age of 2 month and i thought no one taught her anything but she proved me wrong her maternal instincts kicked in she rushes at their tiniest squeeks and its adorable , just makes me want to give her so much more love 🥺❤
Its surprising just how much they can fight over teats at this young age. Im having the same issue. Our little white kitten is the loudest and fights for her/his teat and uses paws trying to knock the others away but its also the smallest so I'm trying to keep an eye on that little one but I think its a real fighter considering it nearly died at birth too 🥺
Sounds like your lady is doing a great job too and you also, can't be easy doing it alone, much love! ❤
I'd love to see some photos when you get chance of course. Best wishes.

Bambiii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there ! Any update on mama’s bathroom status ? How’re the baby kittens doing .
also here’s a picture of the cuties
3D4F20A5-24D9-4ABF-AC17-0D9E50FFC950.jpeg

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there ! Any update on mama’s bathroom status ? How’re the baby kittens doing .
also here’s a picture of the cutiesView attachment 343453
They really are beautiful 😍 I love their cute little pink feet!
Mama had a big wee last night, no poos yet.
She has been reluctant to leave the nest today, I had to take some food to her otherwise she wouldn't have eaten. She hasn't had any water today either.
Is your lady eating and drinking much?

Bambiii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She leaves her nest eventually more and more , i guess she’s just a bit worried still . I hand fed my cat the first 3 days although she did come out eventually when she saw me fill up her plate to sniff and eat , as for water i was also scared she wasent drinking much so i was watering down the kitten milk im giving her putting some on my finger for her to taste she was ok with it (i’ve noticed she’s been so picky with her food even her treats now ). She still isnt drinking much though to my knowledge unless she is when im asleep . I guess id just make sure she isnt dehydrated by the nape of her neck . As for her wees and poos still not as frequent as before so id give your cat a little more time unless you feel she’s in pain or acting strange, hopefully if she’s eating she’ll get to it soon
Lots of love ❤

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She doesn't appear to be in any pain whatsoever, just a very attentive mother looking after her babies.
Just makes me worry because she's looking after them so so well but less so of her own needs and she needs to be eating and drinking more but fingers crossed she picks up in the next few days.
As for the babies they are doing brilliant 😊
Which day did your mama give birth?

Bambiii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sunday night , my guess she wasent eating and drinking much as she was in quite some pain and tired .On the third night she even started leaving them some to come cuddle in bed, now she even leaves the nest to sleep in front of them and ask for treats ( she wasent for 3 days which is surprising for her, she loves her treats )

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunday night , my guess she wasent eating and drinking much as she was in quite some pain and tired .On the third night she even started leaving them some to come cuddle in bed, now she even leaves the nest to sleep in front of them and ask for treats ( she wasent for 3 days which is surprising for her, she loves her treats )
What a little sweetheart ❤ It is lovely and reassuring to hear your mama is slowly returning to abit of normality.😊

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay mama has finally had a poo, what a relief. Surprisingly it wasn't lose has I had expected, rather quiet dry she is clearly dehydrated! Maybe that is why she is only opting to only eat the wet food. Anyways she has plenty of fresh water available so fingers crossed she will start to drink more soon.

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi.
I'm sure your cat will get used to it. it also happened to my cat at first at first litter, after the first time she just changed back to normal so don't worry. and thanks for the message about about
also here’s a picture of the cutiesView attachment 343453
They are adorable.
Oh wow! They look exactly like my momma cat Bella and her kittens!

(But she also has a blue and black one).

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay mama has finally had a poo, what a relief. Surprisingly it wasn't lose has I had expected, rather quiet dry she is clearly dehydrated! Maybe that is why she is only opting to only eat the wet food. Anyways she has plenty of fresh water available so fingers crossed she will start to drink more soon.
I'm glad she finally went to the toilet, let us know if you have any more problems and if there are any ways we can help.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For those of you who have had litters, have you noticed a like musky smell from the nest? Its a distinctive smell I'm not even sure how to describe it, its not a smell to pleasant though.
I'm changing the blankets daily and the nest always appears clean but first thing in the morning when I open the door the smell just hits you.
Mama is keeping herself and kittens clean, Is it just the smell of newborn kittens? or maybe a milky smell?
Its certainly a smell that's only occurred since she had her babies.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s probably a musky smell from nursing and other bodily functions. As long as you change bedding and the litter box and the kittens and mom seem well, I wouldn’t worry. Is there air conditioning or a fan for air flow in the room? It may need airing out to get rid of the stale air.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my father used to breed hunting dogs, there was always that "puppy smell" so it's my guess that you are just smelling the "kitten smell." :)

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For those of you who have had litters, have you noticed a like musky smell from the nest? Its a distinctive smell I'm not even sure how to describe it, its not a smell to pleasant though.
I'm changing the blankets daily and the nest always appears clean but first thing in the morning when I open the door the smell just hits you.
Mama is keeping herself and kittens clean, Is it just the smell of newborn kittens? or maybe a milky smell?
Its certainly a smell that's only occurred since she had her babies.
This only happens to me as soon as Bella has her babies.We change the sheets, she licks the kittens clean an on the next day they are okay.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I came to the source of the smell, turns out mama had been alittle sick behind her box 🙈 only alittle kitten essence now which it absolutely fine!
Oh and we decided to name our little cherubs, I know I probably shouldn't have, getting attached and all that but couldn't keep referring to them as the white one, the small one etc. Does anybody else give little nicknames till they go to the forever homes?

Attachments

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, us kids used to give the puppies names until they went to their new homes.

We understood that they probably wouldn’t keep those names but, like you, we still named them so we could tell them apart.