Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why she liked baseball. Not because she cared for the game at all. But because it provided her a lap to sit in for up to four hours. Food and bathroom breaks not withstanding.

Netflix and purr 😻
:cloud9::hearthrob::kneading:⚾🧢📺 Hey, sounds logical -- and good! My four hours' relaxation is right before bedtime and starts with me taking my dinner tray in to the bedroom and turning on the TV. My favorite programs are nature, true crime, and mysteries, all of which are pretty much okay with Baby Su and Elvis. My beloved angel Samuda LOVED car chases. He'd sit up tall on the edge of the bed and follow them avidly.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are actually out of order. The stare was at 5 pm. Most evenings I would argue with her that she still had another hour until dinner. The first picture was 10:44 pm. That means she’s already finished second dinner at 10 and less than an hour later is looking forward to her overnights. 🐷😹

SFO415

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eighteen months ago, I started a thread called Krista’s Care.
Krista's Care
View attachment 348225

It is sadly time for me to close that thread. As she has moved on to her next chapter, so must I.

I’m still too raw to offer a proper tribute. But I’ll start this thread with a highlight video Apple made from my camera roll last year—presumably out of the photos and videos I shared the most. So basically all Krista
Eighteen months ago, I started a thread called Krista’s Care.
Krista's Care
View attachment 348225

It is sadly time for me to close that thread. As she has moved on to her next chapter, so must I.

I’m still too raw to offer a proper tribute. But I’ll start this thread with a highlight video Apple made from my camera roll last year—presumably out of the photos and videos I shared the most. So basically all Krista. 😻

Beautiful Krista!! Thanks for sharing!
Sending love from San Francisco :cool:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are actually out of order. The stare was at 5 pm. Most evenings I would argue with her that she still had another hour until dinner. The first picture was 10:44 pm. That means she’s already finished second dinner at 10 and less than an hour later is looking forward to her overnights. 🐷😹
Ever the wide-eyed beauty! I wish I could get that kind of response from Baby Su and Elvis at times. Elvis, especially, has a nonchalant attitude about his food. And he's by far the larger! but before he joined us, he ate Blue Buffalo dry food -- no wet food -- and he still seems to prefer it. SO...there are a lot of times when Baby Su becomes the vacuum of gushyfudz 😸

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever the wide-eyed beauty! I wish I could get that kind of response from Baby Su and Elvis at times. Elvis, especially, has a nonchalant attitude about his food. And he's by far the larger! but before he joined us, he ate Blue Buffalo dry food -- no wet food -- and he still seems to prefer it. SO...there are a lot of times when Baby Su becomes the vacuum of gushyfudz 😸
Krista ate kibble for the first dozen years I had her. I didn't know any better. Then when she came back from her first round of dental extractions where they took her molars, submolars, and a canine, I thought, "Surely they took her kibble eating teeth" and switched her to wet food overnight. I didn't know any better. (And don't call me Shirley!) At this time, she was already occasionally barfing with early (yet undiagnosed) IBD. So if she had issues with an overnight switch from dry to wet, I didn't see it or didn't see the difference from her increasingly more frequent barfing. It's kind of amazing that she did take to wet like she'd been eating it her whole life. Though in a couple of months, her tentative IBD would become more certain with a case of pancreatitis. I would have to enhance, entice, beg, bribe, and in some cases, hand feed her for every last bite of wet food, recording every gram she ate in her food journal. That was our 2018. 2019 was mostly the exciting January with the hospital stay and a few months fallout from that. Then later in 2019, push came to shove with her teeth and her vets, and she got a trip to the dentist, the very last one she needed. 2020 is almost entirely her struggle with her IBD progressing to lymphoma. When looking at the 2020 photos and videos and hearing about how food driven she was, you have to remember that the lymphoma was robbing her of the nutrition while the steroids was giving her the munchies. I felt so horrible that I couldn't feed her enough to keep her happy and maintain her weight. Most of those stare downs were retorted with "If I feed you any more or any sooner, you'll pop. I promise I won't let you miss your next meal." If only I could have fed her back to fat and happy... 😿😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista ate kibble for the first dozen years I had her. I didn't know any better. Then when she came back from her first round of dental extractions where they took her molars, submolars, and a canine, I thought, "Surely they took her kibble eating teeth" and switched her to wet food overnight. I didn't know any better. (And don't call me Shirley!) At this time, she was already occasionally barfing with early (yet undiagnosed) IBD. So if she had issues with an overnight switch from dry to wet, I didn't see it or didn't see the difference from her increasingly more frequent barfing. It's kind of amazing that she did take to wet like she'd been eating it her whole life. Though in a couple of months, her tentative IBD would become more certain with a case of pancreatitis. I would have to enhance, entice, beg, bribe, and in some cases, hand feed her for every last bite of wet food, recording every gram she ate in her food journal. That was our 2018. 2019 was mostly the exciting January with the hospital stay and a few months fallout from that. Then later in 2019, push came to shove with her teeth and her vets, and she got a trip to the dentist, the very last one she needed. 2020 is almost entirely her struggle with her IBD progressing to lymphoma. When looking at the 2020 photos and videos and hearing about how food driven she was, you have to remember that the lymphoma was robbing her of the nutrition while the steroids was giving her the munchies. I felt so horrible that I couldn't feed her enough to keep her happy and maintain her weight. Most of those stare downs were retorted with "If I feed you any more or any sooner, you'll pop. I promise I won't let you miss your next meal." If only I could have fed her back to fat and happy... 😿😻
I know. We'd take their pain and problems a thousand times, to spare them from it. And none of us know until we know, what is good and what is not good. That's why I spend so much time daily putting out educational info. I always figure that, if it helps just one person to help just one cat, it's worth it. In the meantime, yes, many regrets, tempered with the knowledge that our loved ones who are not with us now do not blame us for our shortcomings/lack of knowledge, and that they are, whatever our beliefs, beyond any pain or suffering they may have had during their earthly lives.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. We'd take their pain and problems a thousand times, to spare them from it. And none of us know until we know, what is good and what is not good. That's why I spend so much time daily putting out educational info. I always figure that, if it helps just one person to help just one cat, it's worth it. In the meantime, yes, many regrets, tempered with the knowledge that our loved ones who are not with us now do not blame us for our shortcomings/lack of knowledge, and that they are, whatever our beliefs, beyond any pain or suffering they may have had during their earthly lives.
Neither of us have any use for the suffering, pain, blame, or regret any more. Not that we ever had a use for it before. 🤦‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
June 8, 2019:
We were getting in the Loop sessions. This was back when she would sit through a full session. Later she would become a serial sneaker: always sneaking out from under the Loop before it finished.
5112C837-A1C1-4B3D-9955-80135ADB2109.jpeg
Yawn! Stretch! And Netflix and Purr with my baby. 😻
73978E6C-617D-4ADD-B153-41C3D7854229.jpeg
1BE72B68-2AF1-41BD-949E-6CE8B6E92A82.jpeg
2E6ECFAE-9D8B-4CC7-B6DB-BF48C4D7653B.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
June 8, 2019:
We were getting in the Loop sessions. This was back when she would sit through a full session. Later she would become a serial sneaker: always sneaking out from under the Loop before it finished.
View attachment 383663
Yawn! Stretch! And Netflix and Purr with my baby. 😻
View attachment 383664
View attachment 383666
View attachment 383665
I like to think it helped her quality of life. Lil BUB's family believed she received great benefit from hers. :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob: