Question Of The Day, Friday, July 20

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do not care for liver, meatloaf, or any "gamey" types of meat-venison, lamb, etc.
I also do not eat cream cheese, cheese cake, or American cheese.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fried liver....braunschweiger......I'm not a huge fan of beets. Pickled herring is horrifying. Canned salmon freaks me out. I know they say the little round things are bones you can eat, but to me they look like fish eye sockets.....lol... I forget the name of the last thing on my list. It's basically German pork jelly.
Oh, BRAUNSCHWEIGER. It reminds me of spiced cat food :help:
I also abhore pate. I know it's fancy and rich people like it, but that's probably why I hate it because I'm none of the above. :agree:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not care for liver, meatloaf, or any "gamey" types of meat-venison, lamb, etc.
I also do not eat cream cheese, cheese cake, or American cheese.
Have you ever tried elk? I've had people say it's game-y and others say no way, just like beef with a bit of a different flavor.
Curious what you think if you've ever tried it!
Oh, and caviar. Gross. Pay lots of money for a bucket of fish eggs.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you ever tried elk? I've had people say it's game-y and others say no way, just like beef with a bit of a different flavor.
Curious what you think if you've ever tried it!
Oh, and caviar. Gross. Pay lots of money for a bucket of fish eggs.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 No, I've never tried elk; and I've never had caviar either. I don't think I would like to try either one of them!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most of the things people hate are some of my favorite foods. But I am not picky. I grew up poor and ate what my mom cooked. And if I said anything, I got "There are starving people in China".

But there are 4 things I will not touch, one of which is buttermilk. My grandpa loved the stuff but to me it is just spoiled milk.

My mom loves saurkrout. She was the only one in our family that would touch it. She is of German heritage so maybe that explains it. To me it is just spoiled cabbage. Unspoiled cabbage I like.

And anchovies and sardines. Gross! Just disgusting.

And I just cannot eat green olives. Way too salty. You may as well just eat a spoonful of Morton's.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry folks but pizza. Even the smell makes me gag. Anchovies are another but I love cabbage and sprouts with vinegar on. I have been called odd a few times, could this be why?
Maybe you are not odd but some might consider not liking pizza un-american. But as long as you let me eat it we are good

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you are not odd but some might consider not liking pizza un-american. But as long as you let me eat it we are good
I love pizza, but I am particular (not picky) on the type I do really REALLY like.
I don't want any of that thin crust crap. Give me a crust an inch or two thick piled with goodies and I'm totally happy! =)
A few of our friends would grudgingly eat the thick crust stuff but would cause a stampede over thin crust. To me the two types of pizza are not the same animal and have totally different flavors, textures, smells, etc.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the things people hate are some of my favorite foods. But I am not picky. I grew up poor and ate what my mom cooked. And if I said anything, I got "There are starving people in China".

But there are 4 things I will not touch, one of which is buttermilk. My grandpa loved the stuff but to me it is just spoiled milk.

My mom loves saurkrout. She was the only one in our family that would touch it. She is of German heritage so maybe that explains it. To me it is just spoiled cabbage. Unspoiled cabbage I like.

And anchovies and sardines. Gross! Just disgusting.

And I just cannot eat green olives. Way too salty. You may as well just eat a spoonful of Morton's.
I hate sauerkraut and hate bratwurst. (I'll eat brats if necessary but I won't eat fermented cabbage. That's just...not my thing. And wrong. But I understand it can be very good for you but nope. Not eating anything that makes me dry heave in the name of healthy!)
Oktoberfest is a case of "give me a brat, sauer, and beer. Hold the brat and sauer please."

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs. :noway: I think cooked eggs smell like raw sewage.
Our farm hens don't lay eggs that smell when cooking, but then again the hens are spoiled and are divas!! =D (The roosters are jerks though, LOL)
(I'm not arguing or challenging you, btw! Some people just do NOT like eggs and I get that!!)

For as much as I am a meat eater, I do not love the smell of oven baked meat (roasts, etc.) I LOVE the smell of a sear or grill on steak or chicken, etc.
When we sear anything in our kitchen I still smell it the next morning. And my mouth waters and I get all mad that there are no leftovers and walk around sniffing the air like a demented dog for the next 45 minutes...
(Also, I hate the smell of garlic. Love the taste in small doses, hate the smell in ANY dose. I don't know either.)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any kind of greens except kale. Mustard, coconut, peanut, arugula, eggs, cotton candy and okra. Any kind of meat, poulty and seafood.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Squash, Kale. I have a hard time with lots of things green. :lol: I'd rather be dead than eating most veggies, honestly. The exceptions are bell peppers, eggplant (if it's made right), okra, and olives. Beans are huge no go too.

My parents do this traditional meal for New Years every year that includes sausage, cabbage and black eye'd peas. I can only ever stomach the sausage (so according to my mother the reason I have no money or luck is because I don't eat my cabbage or black eye'd peas.

Funnily enough though, I really love exploring new foods and trying different things. My motto is to try everything once, twice if I like it.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I also wanted to add for those of you that hate cilantro because it tastes like soap:

There is actually a gene called OR6A2 which codes for smell/taste receptors (smells and tastes for humans are often connected) which allows people with this gene to smell and taste aldehyde chemicals; which just so happen to be found both in cilantro AND soap. So you aren't crazy, you're just genetically unique!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh god. I forgot about pate. That's definitely on my list too. Processing meat into a spread is just wrong.
Especially when it looks like the remnants that a newborn hand-reared kitten leaves in a tissue...

...I apologize for ruining pate for any pate lovers or pate-curious folks out there..