Question Of The Day, Friday, July 20

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess: I'm waiting for the weekend.

You all know my feelings for cream cheese. IMO, it's diseased and should be declared illegal. It's just nasty stuff. I also feel that way about eggplant. My MIL made ratatouille one time and forced me to eat a bite. I gagged and had to put it into a paper towel. Awful, awful stuff. Shouldn't even be considered food. I think those are the only two foods I simply cannot tolerate (although sour cream is right up there, too; my MIL put sour cream on a baked potato for me one time and I wouldn't eat it).

So....what food or foods do you absolutely despise? Is there a food that you think is diseased or shouldn't even be considered food?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mustard. Don't like the color of it, don't like the smell of it, don't like the taste of it.

it's gross.
I agree.

Also tomatoes/ketchup/red sauce.

And cilantro tastes like soap, but my bf loves it. Idk.

There's probably more, because I'm kind of a picky eater, but I'll stop here for now.

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Growing up my dad would always eat pickled pigs feet. Most disgusting thing ever.
My mom would eat blood sausage growing up, I never could wrap my head around that one.

Tripe: never had it, never will. Looks gross, smells gross. Nope.:headshake:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like pickled okra. Not slimy okra.

Eggplant is good in eggplant parmesan. Otherwise it's mostly gross. Eggplant tempura can be OK, too, if it turns out right.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to call it snot pods.
:flail: I have never and will never try it cooked any other way than fried. It tastes like feet. I'm not 100% sure what feet taste like; but I imagine it's okra. :p

I forgot about "Spring Mix" salads. I used to be able to choke one down by evenly distributing things like cucumbers, cheese, tomato, etc. and not thinking about what I was eating. But it got so my gag reflex would kick in by the first bite. I don't care for raw spinach either; but nothing hits me like the spring mix aka weed salads. :barfgreen: They need some Roundup dressing. :smash:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fried liver....braunschweiger......I'm not a huge fan of beets. Pickled herring is horrifying. Canned salmon freaks me out. I know they say the little round things are bones you can eat, but to me they look like fish eye sockets.....lol... I forget the name of the last thing on my list. It's basically German pork jelly.