Quarantine baking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I finally baked biscottis with the recipe my daughter gave me. I used espresso chocolate morsels instead of chocolate chips.

View attachment 343569
Oohh, those look good! You’ve inspired me to try the recipe you posted for those.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Considering that the cake was homemade and not a mix, it's actually quite good. Rick and I just had a piece. I found a recipe online, but then started going my own way, extra eggs, extra cinnamon, etc. The recipe used an actual frosting, but a honey bun cake needs only a glaze. Next time, I'll cut back on the glaze. But it's really yummy. Rick approves! And I'm keeping the recipe with my changes.

HoneyBunCakeRESIZED.jpg

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Reading through this post has seriously given me the 'bakies'

I wanna bake something now!

One of my favorite things to make, in all honesty, are cookies. Usually we reserve our baking for Christmas time since my mother and step dad are diabetic but maybe baking up a treat might be fun and relaxing!

Everything here looks so good!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So happy you tried the recipe. There a few things I would tweak next time but I usually do that when I bake. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So happy you tried the recipe. There a few things I would tweak next time but I usually do that when I bake. :lol:
I'm not an experienced enough baker to try changing things too much. :lol:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I made butterscotch pudding. It will be part of the baking project. Just wait.
This afternoon I
1) made blueberry sauce. It too will be part of the project.
2) baked chocolate chip cookies. They are not part of the project.
3) baked a 5 egg / 1 cup sugar / 1 cup cake flour 10" x 15" cake that would normally become a jelly roll. Note: the only leavening is the stiffly beaten egg whites that are gently folded in, alternately with the flour, to the yolks that were beaten with sugar until thick and lemon colored. This is the foundation for my project.

I will assemble everything into blueberry trifle! Cut a round of cake and place in bottom of glass. Add a dollop of blueberry sauce and a few blueberries. Dollop of butterscotch pudding. Repeat, if glass has enough room, otherwise finish with blueberry sauce and blueberries.

Refrigerate anywhere from 4 to 24 hours so cake can soak up some of the delicious goodness. Which means it will be tomorrow's dessert. I intend that there will be a follow-up picture for you to remotely enjoy.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooking with Blueberries_2020-07_ingredients for blueberry trifle.jpg
There is a (nearly invisible) wine glass at the back. Then from left:
blueberry sauce, butterscotch pudding, sponge cake.
Cooking with Blueberries_2020-07_cake base for blueberry trifle.jpg
Cake base for blueberry trifle. Added blueberry sauce first
because of taper in wine glass.
Cooking with Blueberries_2020-07_individual blueberry trifle.jpg
Completed individual blueberry trifle. Sauce
rather runny so disguised pudding layer.​

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made a Dutch Baby for breakfast today. It was so good with the fruit, powdered sugar, and maple syrup on top. Thanks for the recipe, MikyPiky MikyPiky !
That looks absolutely delectable! 😋 I love a Dutch Baby, we have a breakfast restaurant here that is well known for them. Was it hard to make? I may have missed it but would you mind posting the recipe from MikyPiky MikyPiky ?:please:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've made blueberry muffins, and cornmeal muffins, but never blueberry cornmeal muffins. I may have to make some, as those look delicious. :yummy:

I've been doing more outside work, so less baking. I did make a banana bread from a new recipe, but it turned out kinda heavy. It's edible, but not a recipe I'll use again.