Purrsephone and Lolita- now getting these girls together challenge

CarmKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittybuddies- Purrsephone is a 2 yr old diluted torrid shorthair who came to us from the Idaho Humane Society adoption a month ago, then I got the fever to bring her a purrfriend, enter Lolita a 2 yr old calico torbid(?) shorthair from a local cat rescue group. Purr is “timid” according to IHS catery caretakers. Lolita is the belle of the ball- super outgoing and vocal. Oh my, these girls are having a challenge becoming purrfriends. Time takes time, eh. I’m already to attached to them both. My previous kitty of 15 yrs was a flame point alley cat, Bella who passed from kidney disease. I’ll chatter in other forums about the introduction challenges.. but I’m so happy to have purrs in my home again.

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww they look sweet. Yes it takes time for sure and is so worth it.

Keep at it and good luck!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-041434.jpg
CarmKitty, Purrsephone and Lolita, on behalf of The4 Catsite community, a warm
d6de63c951a6c6aeac8e765a1757a51b.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely Kitties you've got here! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of them and we have a special thread here just for them in Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here! and many fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forumsand do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Condolences on the loss of Bella. RIP sweet girl. :angel:
If you think it would help, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could write a tribute to her.

Glad you have purrs in your home again. I hope Purrsephone and Lolita help heal the emptiness in your heart. :hearthrob:

About their introductions, cats don't generally become best buddies right away. Keeping them separated at first, and slowly introducing is usually the best method.

Here's a couple TCS articles on the topic that might be helpful.
How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction | TheCatSite
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

If you want to get more replies specific to your situation, you could start a new thread in the Cat Behavior forum.

Good luck. Hope they eventually become friends. :catlove: