Pumpkin Will Be Crossing The Bridge In A Few Days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vampyre08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sweet Pumpkin, I am so sorry for how this story ended... :(
vampyre08 vampyre08 , you look so brave in his last moments. I remember I couldn't even breathe.
You were both so lucky to have each other.
May Pumpkin be next to you always in your life, as you were in his.

RIP Pumpkin!
It's not so much being brave as just knowing that death (though it hurts badly for those of us left behind) is part of the life cycle. I wanted him to feel safe and secure and not stressed. And I wanted to hold him for as long as I needed to. It helped. Even with my analytical thinking process, I haven't escaped my emotions. I feel useless, because I have no one to wait on now. I'm not anyone's human slave anymore.

The owners of the house where I rent a room have 4 dogs. Interacting with them helps. I have a favorite named Moose. He's a huge German Shepherd, the same coloring as my family's dog who died in 2000. I will eventually be OK. I took Pumpkin's collar and hung it from my rear view mirror. Even though it's been two days, I haven't dumped the unused litter in his box or even cleaned his water dish. There are no clumps in the litter box, just litter. It's weird.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not so much being brave as just knowing that death (though it hurts badly for those of us left behind) is part of the life cycle. I wanted him to feel safe and secure and not stressed.
In my cat's last momnets I broke, I couldn't breat, I could barely talk, I cried like a fountain.

Even though it's been two days, I haven't dumped the unused litter in his box or even cleaned his water dish. There are no clumps in the litter box, just litter. It's weird.
Same here. It took me days to empty her litter box and put away her things. After three or four weeks I bought a decorated cloth storage box and put her stuff in it.
Out of decency I wouldn't tell you what else I didn't do for months...

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vampyre08, im sorry you are hurting. Its the price we pay for loving so much.

You were there with pumpkin until the end....and then some. He had the comfort and reassurance of your familiar touch, smell and voice. Im sure you being with him made a HUGE difference to him.

There will be better days ahead.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not so much being brave as just knowing that death (though it hurts badly for those of us left behind) is part of the life cycle. I wanted him to feel safe and secure and not stressed. And I wanted to hold him for as long as I needed to. It helped. Even with my analytical thinking process, I haven't escaped my emotions. I feel useless, because I have no one to wait on now. I'm not anyone's human slave anymore.

The owners of the house where I rent a room have 4 dogs. Interacting with them helps. I have a favorite named Moose. He's a huge German Shepherd, the same coloring as my family's dog who died in 2000. I will eventually be OK. I took Pumpkin's collar and hung it from my rear view mirror. Even though it's been two days, I haven't dumped the unused litter in his box or even cleaned his water dish. There are no clumps in the litter box, just litter. It's weird.
:hearthrob::hugs::grouphug: You honored him greatly :rbheart: :grouphug2::lovecat2::catrub:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
This is great! I would love to have a piece of jewelry with his ashes. I will use these guys. Maybe not right away because I'm between job assignments now, but soon! Thank you.
:hearthrob::redheartpump: I'm so glad I didn't upset you suggesting it. I think it is a wonderful memorial. There are other companies on the web, you could check them out too. When you make your choice, please post a photo on your home page. I'm glad the neighbors dogs are a comfort. Take care of yourself, you are in our thoughts.:grouphug::hugs::rbheart::grouphug2::hearthrob::redheartpump:

vampyre08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my cat's last momnets I broke, I couldn't breat, I could barely talk, I cried like a fountain.

Same here. It took me days to empty her litter box and put away her things. After three or four weeks I bought a decorated cloth storage box and put her stuff in it.
Out of decency I wouldn't tell you what else I didn't do for months...
Did you abstain from shaving, sex or (uh... self pleasure). We're all adults here, its fine. I want to abstain from this 14 page research paper I have to write, but I can't. :)

vampyre08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:hearthrob::redheartpump: I'm so glad I didn't upset you suggesting it. I think it is a wonderful memorial. There are other companies on the web, you could check them out too. When you make your choice, please post a photo on your home page. I'm glad the neighbors dogs are a comfort. Take care of yourself, you are in our thoughts.:grouphug::hugs::rbheart::grouphug2::hearthrob::redheartpump:
Such a wonderful suggestion would not upset me. I kept his hair the vet shaved for the final injection. I may put it in a locket. But I really like the jewelry idea. Thanks again.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Such a wonderful suggestion would not upset me. I kept his hair the vet shaved for the final injection. I may put it in a locket. But I really like the jewelry idea. Thanks again.
:bouquet: You are very welcome :)

:( I still have a hank of mane of my beloved pony Dusty :hearthrob: and the forelock of my horse, the holder of my heart, Diamond :redheartpump: Both long lost but forever in my soul :sniffle: They will be awaiting me at the Rainbow Bridge :rbheart:

vampyre08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am managing thanks so much. I am in the final week of my first semester of grad school so I have a lot to do with writing papers and such. And my house mates have 4 dogs, and they keep me company. They're so entertaining. Canine energy can be very healing.

vampyre08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys. Here is a picture of a piece that is being made for me with a small bit of Pumpkin's cremation ashes. It's a glass blower out of Oregon. I can't wait to see how mine turns out.

Attachments

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I'm not bad. I was just on here about to post a pic of the cremation jewelry I ordered. Thanks for asking. How are you?
I'd love to see the piece you chose. We are doing fine, just trying to stay warm. Last Thur we went from 63°F to 14°F in 12 hours. 15F now

vampyre08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh my gawd, that weather. My sister likes cold. She's in Maryland right now. I dont' do well mentally or physically in it. Im sorry about those temps. The only good thing about snow is snowboarding or sledding or toboganning. That stuff is pretty fun. I'm glad you're well. And I will post a pic of my actual piece when it arrives. It should be here this week.