Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Evening weights are 133g and 134g

I’ve noticed that mum stays all day but tends to leave at night only returning to feed and the little ones have taken to going fully under a blanket. It’s warm in the room but should I put a hot water bottle in covered with towels or blankets that they can go to if they want or move away from if they’re too hot. They’re in an open cupboard in my bedroom (that’s where mum moved them to at the r the vet. They have plenty of fleecy blankets in there.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, definitely add a hot water bottle but make sure it is wrapped in something so they can snuggle it but not get burned.

I am thrilled with their weight gains!

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely add a hot water bottle but make sure it is wrapped in something so they can snuggle it but not get burned.

I am thrilled with their weight gains!
Ok, just I don’t know if the temp drops too much for them at night and mum always wants to sleep at the bottom of my bed. She does go back in and feed though.

Yeah they’re getting there now and gaining weight every time I weigh them. I’m always really happy when I see that.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a little concern. Willow keep randomly going into the nest and biting the babies around the neck. What’s that about?
They’re just lying sleeping when she does it.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she picking them up or just biting them? are their marks and if no marks she could just be disciplining them, probably nothing to worry about. Also, your cat is so pretty! 🥰

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she picking them up or just biting them? are their marks and if no marks she could just be disciplining them, probably nothing to worry about. Also, your cat is so pretty! 🥰
Thank you. No she’s not picking them up. She just goes in and licks them then she will bite them. She was also nursing and then grabbed one by the neck and made kicking motions.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The grabbing and kicking is play. . .they're a little young for that, but then she's pretty young herself and may be a bit clueless. I'd keep an eye on it but don't interfere unless she gets too rough.
Ok thanks, it alarmed me because her tail was going ten to the dozen and then when she came out of the nest she attempted to bite me too. But she was also diving all over the place running crazy across the room and swiping imaginary things so makes sense she was playing.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow might enjoy some rousing play time If she were a feral,.she would be out hunting like a lioness. I like to use a teaser wand attached to the end of a retired fishing pole so that the kitty gets across the room dashes and high leaps into the air.
When my disabled daughter's new cat suddenly had kittens, the mama kitty began to leave the nest around dusk and hunted the other couple of housecats as well as the poor dog I finally allowed her to chase the laser followed by chasing a teaser,.to help calm her down. She loves the laser but I do believe she enjoyed terrorizing the other pets even more. Once the kittens hit about 4 months, she became calm & mellow again.
You have done an amazing job with these kittens. Sarthur's advice is spot-on and I admire your quick action.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both babies are at 148g today.
Willow might enjoy some rousing play time If she were a feral,.she would be out hunting like a lioness. I like to use a teaser wand attached to the end of a retired fishing pole so that the kitty gets across the room dashes and high leaps into the air.
When my disabled daughter's new cat suddenly had kittens, the mama kitty began to leave the nest around dusk and hunted the other couple of housecats as well as the poor dog I finally allowed her to chase the laser followed by chasing a teaser,.to help calm her down. She loves the laser but I do believe she enjoyed terrorizing the other pets even more. Once the kittens hit about 4 months, she became calm & mellow again.
You have done an amazing job with these kittens. Sarthur's advice is spot-on and I admire your quick action.
Thanks. It means a lot. I’m trying as best I can to keep them safe and we’ll. I will try and add some play in for her.