Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those Milky Mice look like a great idea! I've never heard of them. Please let us know if she likes them
She likes the creamy one so far. I found them today when I was out looking for things she might try because she’s so fussy. She’s on royal canin mother and baby but it’s dry because she hates wet food so I figured I could get extra liquids in this way as well as calcium.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The weights this morning are 171g and 178g the one at 178 looks like her tummy is distended. Should I be concerned?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You might want to try to stimulate her to pee or poop a couple of times today. Otherwise, it just sounds like she’s eating well and getting full.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You might want to try to stimulate her to pee or poop a couple of times today. Otherwise, it just sounds like she’s eating well and getting full.
I have several times, she’s peeing but not pooping. I thought I’d better check as she’s put on so much in one day. Thanks 😊

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it should be fine, especially if they are nursing mom and doing well otherwise. Are both kittens’ eyes open, or just the one?

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, it should be fine, especially if they are nursing mom and doing well otherwise. Are both kittens’ eyes open, or just the one?
They’re still nursing. So it’s ok? I don’t need to mention to the vet etc? Both kittens eyes are open.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can mention to the vet, but does the kitten seem to have a cold or other upper respiratory infection (URI)? Like stuffy or sneezing? If not, he or she is probably fine.

If he or she is still nursing well and gaining I would not worry right now.

Do you know which sex these two are yet?

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can mention to the vet, but does the kitten seem to have a cold or other upper respiratory infection (URI)? Like stuffy or sneezing? If not, he or she is probably fine.

If he or she is still nursing well and gaining I would not worry right now.

Do you know which sex these two are yet?
Not that I can tell. They had a check up 3 days ago to make sure all was well and vet said everything was good. The one that was sneezing doesn’t really do that anymore and no discharge etc. He said they’d be wormed at 2 weeks old, is that right?

Yes one male, one female. Saffron and Jack.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, one of each! I love their names.

Yes, kittens are normally wormed at 2, 4, and 6 weeks of age. This actually prevents various worms and treats any they may have. Even if they have no worms, the treatments ensure they will not get any.

Are you keeping them?

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, one of each! I love their names.

Yes, kittens are normally wormed at 2, 4, and 6 weeks of age. This actually prevents various worms and treats any they may have. Even if they have no worms, the treatments ensure they will not get any.

Are you keeping them?
I intend on having them spayed/neutered and keeping them because we’ve been through a lot with this litter. With the losses and the endless sleepless nights, vet visits, setting alarms just to check mum is there in the night. I’ve grown far too attached and invested in them now to let them go. I couldn’t do it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so elated to hear this! I kept the mama stray I took in and all 4 of her kittens. It’s now 6 years later and it’s a great family to have. I do not think you’ll ever regret it.

Let’s just get these babies to two weeks, then three weeks, then four. After that, I think we’ll be home safe!

:vibes::vibes:I’m hoping for the future for you and the kittens! Getting there so far!

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so elated to hear this! I kept the mama stray I took in and all 4 of her kittens. It’s now 6 years later and it’s a great family to have. I do not think you’ll ever regret it.

Let’s just get these babies to two weeks, then three weeks, then four. After that, I think we’ll be home safe!

:vibes::vibes:I’m hoping for the future for you and the kittens! Getting there so far!
I’m sure I won’t regret it at all. I’m looking forward to seeing them grow up.

Thanks. I think I’m tormenting my vet and you guys here on the forums. Just with the losses I question every little thing I see. I’ll be super happy to get to them being able to regulate their own temp and starting to wean etc. I’ll probably feel more at ease then. 😊

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are not tormenting anyone! You’ve been through SO much! And I’ve been there with you. Let’s get them safely to two weeks and we’ll be over one hurdle.

I’m in there with you all the way and not going anywhere! One week at a time. It all appears well for now. And, I applaud you for all your efforts so far! Let’s get to Friday now. Keep posting their weights.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are not tormenting anyone! You’ve been through SO much! And I’ve been there with you. Let’s get them safely to two weeks and we’ll be over one hurdle.

I’m in there with you all the way and not going anywhere! One week at a time. It all appears well for now. And, I applaud you for all your efforts so far! Let’s get to Friday now. Keep posting their weights.
Thank you. I really do appreciate being able to come here for answers and support. It makes it easier and less panicky.

181g and 188g this morning 😊

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are gaining their 10 grams a day! Yay - they are making great progress! 👍

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot to post weights this morning but both babies are 204g tonight.