Pregnant Cat with Ear Mites / panting when nursing etc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoomango

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey thanks that alleviated my concerns a bit. Went to the vent, it wasn't so bad. Vet felt her bladder and said it felt very full. The other kitten's bladder was full also but not as full. They did a urinalysis and ultrasound but didn't find any stones or crystals. Neither are blocked. Said the straining may be due to stress or getting used to their litter box?

The vet gave me some gabapentin and said if I see them straining to give it to them tonight. It would help relax them to pee. Well, interestingly as soon as we got home, they each peed normal large amounts in the litter, before I even had a chance to give them the medicine :)

I will monitor them carefully for the next 12hrs before tomorrow morning, and if I see them straining again I'll give them the medicine. Also vet told me to simulate them every few hours as well, in case they're not going on their own.

They'll be going for a follow-up visit tomorrow morning, and if needed will have to get catheters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoomango

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to share an update and had one last question. The kittens are doing great! They're 81 days old now, roughly 11.5 weeks. They weigh roughly 3lbs each. Very playful and active, jumping on things, chasing each other etc. They're on good quality dry food now, though they do still occasionally eat wet food (hard to get them back on it unless I take away the dry food). I'm letting them graze now so they grow as much as they can/need.

The question -

I'd like to get them rehomed/adopted to a loving/caring home. I was thinking of the Tampa Humane society or Adopt a Pet? I see a lot of bad reviews for Adopt a Pet, though most seem to be from adopters who didn't get the pet they wanted. I've contacted a few cat fostering nurseries in the area, but didn't get any responses. Are there any other options?

My most important concern is making sure they go somewhere that they are well-cared for.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Call your local Pet Smart store and ask about the procedure for getting the kittens vetted and into the store’s adoption center. They usually give you the name and number of someone who will make the arrangements. Overall, I think the Pet Smart charity and stores do an excellent job.

Let us know what you find out!

Z zoomango