Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will keep all of that in mind! Loud talking would be hard though. My mom either has company in the kitchen or the living room so its going to be quite hard to stay quiet. Shes besties with the neighbors so they're usually always talking. I sill still do my best though.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyways, there might be 3 babies who look very identical. Are sharpies and nailpolish really safe to use on them? I cant imagine waiting for the nailpolish to dry. (I just saw these two items being used to mark them)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im going to start weighing them today.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weigh in today

122g
106g
102g
118g
110g

I can clearly identify the first 2 but not the rest. But im guessing that 2 of the 3 identical ones are males.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyways, there might be 3 babies who look very identical. Are sharpies and nailpolish really safe to use on them? I cant imagine waiting for the nailpolish to dry. (I just saw these two items being used to mark them)
No, they are absolutely NOT safe to use on Cats. The best thing to do would be to wait until they have opened their eyes and grown a bit and see if their markings become more distinct. If not, then you can always put different colored collars on them to tell them apart. Make sure they are breakaway collars though, otherwise they may choke to death if their collar gets caught on something.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robyn at Love & Hisses fosters endless pregnant cats and their litters. She uses the tiniest dab of nail polish on the ear tip of identical kittens. It is so tiny that it is difficult to see in her pictures.

If you have 3 identical kittens dab the left ear tip of one, the right ear tip of another, and none on the third kitten's ears.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Robyn at Love & Hisses fosters endless pregnant cats and their litters. She uses the tiniest dab of nail polish on the ear tip of identical kittens. It is so tiny that it is difficult to see in her pictures.

If you have 3 identical kittens dab the left ear tip of one, the right ear tip of another, and none on the third kitten's ears.
Im quite SCARED HAHA.
Although surprisingly, one out of the 3 has ba more brown pattern than the other two that have whiter patterns.

I will also try to see if the other two have different genders because that would help me A LOT than marking them as well.

I just need to know whos who due to the weighing process

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing so well! As for the loud talking, in another room is fine. The kittens at birth are blind and deaf anyway! it is mama cat that needs to stay calm and she is most likey used to your household by now. You can't very well tell your mom to keep it down in her own house, I know how THAT would go!
Your kittens are all weighing normally, 80-170 grams is normal. They should gain 10 grams per day, though the smaller ones could gain a little less. No weight gain or a loss is critical at their age, then you must make sure they are latching on mom and eating. You can use a small dab of food coloring on a paw to mark them, anything that mama can lick and not be toxic. You would have to redo it at times, she will lick it off. All the luck!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get the Purina Kitten Chow. It will help mom with good nutrition for nursing and the kittens will eat it eventually. You can switch her to it ri
You are doing so well! As for the loud talking, in another room is fine. The kittens at birth are blind and deaf anyway! it is mama cat that needs to stay calm and she is most likey used to your household by now. You can't very well tell your mom to keep it down in her own house, I know how THAT would go!
Your kittens are all weighing normally, 80-170 grams is normal. They should gain 10 grams per day, though the smaller ones could gain a little less. No weight gain or a loss is critical at their age, then you must make sure they are latching on mom and eating. You can use a small dab of food coloring on a paw to mark them, anything that mama can lick and not be toxic. You would have to redo it at times, she will lick it off. All the luck!
Alright THANK YOU SO MUCH I don't really think mom cat is afraid of anything around the house other than my mom stomping towards her to get her off the table before. She's been to every corner HAHA. She also sleeps beside the TV where its loud. It just scares me when i interrupt her sleep whenever i open the door. ITS SQUEAKY KFNCNDNF.

ANYWAYS, i will stop now. Hehe. I will try to find food coloring asap. Any FOOD COLORING is safe right?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mama cat has diarrhea again due to the sudden diet changes to kitty food. Theres a little spec of blood and i hope thats normal since she just gave birth yesterday.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I AM SCARED. SHE JUST STEPPED ON LIKE 2 OF THEM AND THEY SCREAMED JFJFNFKFMFD

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may spot blood for a few days as her uterus heals. It’s normal. The diarrhea is probably from all the placentas she ate rather than the kitten chow. That is normal too.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its quite hard for me to understand momma cat, my bed is right next to her nest but she always meows at me and wakes me up. She lies down and i massage her but she doesn't stop meowing all the time.

She will lure me out the room and then lure me back in towards her nest.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After reading the Fading Kitten Syndrome article, it made me really scared because 1, the momma cat was a stray and has not been treated for fleas, and 2, she has newborns that were born 2 days ago. I AM SCARED BECAUSE I don't know how I'm going to afford the flea treatment for momma cat, and baby kitties, and TWO!! MY FAMILY AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING BITES. SPECIFICALLY FROM OUR BEDS.... AND MOMMA CAT HAS SLEPT WITH US MANY TIMES SINCE SHE GOT HERE ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO.

I AM STRESSING BECAUSE HOW AM I GOING TO GET RID OF THE FLEA INFESTATION IN MY HOUSE. WE WILL BE SO POOR HAHA. ALRIGHT NO JOKE. I READ ABOUT BOMBS TO KILL ALL THE BUGS BUT WE GOTTA EVACUATE THE PLACE TO DO SO. I DON'T THINK MY MOM WILL LET US DO ANY OF THAT. ALSO BECAUSE OF TIGHT BUDGET.
y'all I'm 17 and i don't work. I don't wanna experience burrying kittens that are supposed to be fluffy and breathing.

I'm scared for their health and my family's poor skin for getting bit.

Any flea home remedies for newborn kittens? Like I'm actually scared. How am i supposed to know they're all gone. WILL BUG SPRAY WORK ON THEM IF WE SPRAY THAT ON OUR BEDS?

ITCHY! :'( HUHU.

I'm thinking about giving them up but i have no idea how to find people who would accept the pack. And my family will be against the idea of doing so.:livid:

Last edited by a moderator:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for newborns to gain 20g in one night? LOL ITS ONE OF THE BIGGEST KITTY

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please do not spray “bug spray” on your bed, yourself or the cats. A lot of them are neurotoxic.

I don’t know much about treating fleas other than the expensive stuff you get at the vet’s, maybe someone else can chime in. If you ask the vet, he can give you a vial for a larger animal and show you how to subdivide it for the kittens and mom. That’s assuming the kittens are old enough to be treated.

Good luck and please keep posting :)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yall, i tried to post this last night but i don't think it posted because i couldn't find it.

After reading the article about fading kittens, it made me really scared and sad because it also mentioned fleas. And now my cat, the mom, was originally a stray and we just took her in. We never did any treatment on her so now I'm quite scared about the newborns.

She gave birth to 5 KITTENS almost 4 days ago and i don't think my mom will get them all treated.

Also, the momma cat has been in every corner of my house. Mostly on my bed and under the couches. I've been getting bites on my bed but I'm not sure if they're from fleas but that's that.

How will I get rid of them in the whole house ?
I've heard of those bombs to kill everything but i don't even know how to I'm going to buy those. I'm only 17 and i don't work at all.

Is it possible to remove them from newborns? Any home remedies on actual newborns without vet help? Because i don't see anything on them but momma has them so they obviously have them as well. I'm just scared to lose my kittens.

If anyone has ever been to a vet to get newborns treated for fleas, how much did it cost? Anyone in Winnipeg have done it? How much was it?

I have no idea how were going to raise them all. I've been saying to my family to give them up but i don't know how I'm going to find people who has experience with newborns and momma. How am i going to make sure they will be treated right?:bawling::bawling: I have trust issues when it comes to people i don't know. I feel like they will just sell them or something i dunno.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohp. DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS MOVED TO HERE LAST NIGHT LOL.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please do not spray “bug spray” on your bed, yourself or the cats. A lot of them are neurotoxic.

I don’t know much about treating fleas other than the expensive stuff you get at the vet’s, maybe someone else can chime in. If you ask the vet, he can give you a vial for a larger animal and show you how to subdivide it for the kittens and mom. That’s assuming the kittens are old enough to be treated.

Good luck and please keep posting :)
Oh my. The bug spray was used before. Maybe a month in her pregnancy. We waited until the smell of the spray has disappeared and then we let her in the room. Were planning to move her and her babies into the livingroom for the meantime.