Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can put mom and kittens back in your room. It should be fine.
ALRIGHT YAY. ANYWAYS, I don't understand momma cat. She would come out and start meowing at me. I either give her food or cold water. She also does a low meow sometimes while looking at me. She doesn't sound mad or anything. She also meows quite a bit while with her children. So i don't understand.

Should i still play with her when she's not sleeping and is on break from feeding her babies? She looks quite bored. I don't know.

I've moved them into a dog/ cat cage. I mean they all fit but i will go back to the old one after they've grown a bit.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes panting for the first time while nursing. Overheated or??? Its really hot here.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She might be a bit hot nursing the kittens and all, it’s possible. It’s also possible she might need some calcium since giving birth is very hard on the mother. If you have any plain yogurt or hard cheese, you can offer or some. Or if you have kitten formula, you can give her a dish of that. Cows milk is NOT good for her, but goats milk is fine if you might have that! Cheese or yogurt ( plain) made from cows is fine, just not milk! It will not hurt her either way to have some extra calcium!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She might be a bit hot nursing the kittens and all, it’s possible. It’s also possible she might need some calcium since giving birth is very hard on the mother. If you have any plain yogurt or hard cheese, you can offer or some. Or if you have kitten formula, you can give her a dish of that. Cows milk is NOT good for her, but goats milk is fine if you might have that! Cheese or yogurt ( plain) made from cows is fine, just not milk! It will not hurt her either way to have some extra calcium!
I feed her kitten food daily. We only have lactose free marble cheddar. Will that work.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yall. I mopped the floor 2x with only water.
Theres still quite a bit of smell. I FEEL BAD FOR HER.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just flea comb the kittens to pick off the fleas.

You can buy tubes of Advantage II for the back of mom’s neck for fleas. You can put a couple drops on the back of the kitten’s necks when they are 3-4 weeks old. You can buy Advantage II for Cats at pet stores.
The one for Advantage II for small cats right?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, that cheese is fine. Giver Her a little piece to try and then see if she likes it.

I’ll let sarthur2 answer about the advantage II

ETA— The flea comb is very cheap and will help the kittens and mom. Also, besides hormones and whether or not she’s a young mother, she may be meowing about the fleas. I only know that from personal experience, so it’s hard to say. If it’s from hormones and her age, she just needs some extra loving care from you. She trusts you!:catlove:

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, that cheese is fine. Giver Her a little piece to try and then see if she likes it.

I’ll let sarthur2 answer about the advantage II

ETA— The flea comb is very cheap and will help the kittens and mom. Also, besides hormones and whether or not she’s a young mother, she may be meowing about the fleas. I only know that from personal experience, so it’s hard to say. If it’s from hormones and her age, she just needs some extra loving care from you. She trusts you!:catlove:
Well, i think its her first litter. And she looks quite young. Although I'm not sure how old.
I will try to give her some of the cheese later after she feeds.

Hopefully she doesnt have too much fleas. She itches a lot so... huhu i dont know.

She's quite loud at times haha. She meows whenever she sees me. I try to give her love. I kiss her a lot and i massage her on both sides with my hand.

I will try to find the comb. What types are best?
I've been recieving quite a lot of blessings and i am very thankful. One of my friends who wants to have 2 of the kittens have decided to buy the flea treatment for me. It is quite pricey since its only available in America.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yall, she woke me up at 6am meowing every few seconds beside me and at my face. It took me a while to fall asleep again because she kept meowing. Now she's doing the same. She meows every few seconds.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for momma cat to always be laying down after breastfeeding? She looks SO TIRED.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I think sarthur2 meant where did you live? You mentioned Canada, right? That’s fantastic your friend will not only be adopting two of the kittens but help out with the flea treatments! I just have a basic cat flea comb. It was $2.

Nursing is tough work and burns a lot of calories so make sure she’s getting kitten chow, as much as she wants and fresh water. Are you able to give her wet food? Did you offer her some cheese?

Her body has been through and is going through a lot so yes, it’s okay for her to be resting. She has your family to help her out, thankfully so she and the kittens don’t have it as rough as they would if she hadn’t found you! She sounds like a good mother. She trusts you, and that may be why she’s talking to you. Just reassure her with pets and sweet talking and she should settle down. Hopefully tonight!

Some cats are very vocal by nature. What does she look like? Are you able to post a photo of her and the kittens?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I think sarthur2 meant where did you live? You mentioned Canada, right? That’s fantastic your friend will not only be adopting two of the kittens but help out with the flea treatments! I just have a basic cat flea comb. It was $2.

Nursing is tough work and burns a lot of calories so make sure she’s getting kitten chow, as much as she wants and fresh water. Are you able to give her wet food? Did you offer her some cheese?

Her body has been through and is going through a lot so yes, it’s okay for her to be resting. She has your family to help her out, thankfully so she and the kittens don’t have it as rough as they would if she hadn’t found you! She sounds like a good mother. She trusts you, and that may be why she’s talking to you. Just reassure her with pets and sweet talking and she should settle down. Hopefully tonight!

Some cats are very vocal by nature. What does she look like? Are you able to post a photo of her and the kittens?
HI THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING. YES I LIVE IN CANADA. WINNIPEG MB. I'M GLAD I SHE FOUND US AS WELL. That's what my mom keeps telling me and told me i shouldn't stress too much since its better that shes with us. I just stress because if a vet is needed. I can't provide it.

Here's a photo of them from yesterday.

And them earlier today haha. (THEYRE REALLY BIG. MOST OF THEM ARE ALMOST THE SAME SIZE AS MY HAND AND MY HANDS ARE HUGE. All of them are around 140g-160g+ and its their 5-6th day.)

Had to put them in a dog cage for now since i had to move them yesterday and it will be quite cold at night this week. I placed a diy heating pad in the corner or the cage and I'm afraid it would burn thems. But i covered it with a few layers. I just don't know if itll help them at all tonight.

I'm really glad that my friend is here to help out as well. Most of the kittens are male and i don't know how I'm going to raise them all XD.

And yes, i provided her with a bit of wet food. I only have access to friskies wet food by the way.

I also feed her multiple times a day. AND YES I GAVE HER CHEESE.

I pet her a lot but she gets annoyed and walk away. I also try to change her water multiple times a day. Is cold water alright? My mom told me itll affect her milk in a bad way.

I'm actually quite glad she trusts me and she's used to my family since were quite loud. I was told to keep them in a quiet room, WHICH I FOLLOWED. But my family is always loud and so... momma cat still hears everything. BUT SHE DOESN'T LOOK BOTHERED AT ALL unless its something loud that she didn't expect.

I always talk to her in my sweet voice telling her she's doing very well and all.

Anyways, here she is from a while back. Before she started showing she was becoming a momma haha.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[DELETED]

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay i dont know how to delete replies. I sent that cuz i thought i needed help with something JJRJFFJF

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww! She’s beautiful and they are adorable! She looks so soft. She looks really healthy and so do they!

Since she had time to get used to you during her pregnancy the normal household noises are fine, and the kittens can’t hear yet.

I’m not sure about cold water and milk production. I think regular temperature water is fine.

I did read where Stefan suggested a rice sock. That can be re heated as necessary. Arrange it so they can move from it if necessary.

You’re doing great!!

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don’t think you can delete your own posts. It’s okay!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww! She’s beautiful and they are adorable! She looks so soft. She looks really healthy and so do they!

Since she had time to get used to you during her pregnancy the normal household noises are fine, and the kittens can’t hear yet.

I’m not sure about cold water and milk production. I think regular temperature water is fine.

I did read where Stefan suggested a rice sock. That can be re heated as necessary. Arrange it so they can move from it if necessary.

You’re doing great!!
I did make the sock thing. Theyre at the opposite side tho. Away from it. Piled up. I added an old pajama to add more heat. Now im scared theyll over heat. Because when i touched the area with the rice and sock, it was quite HOT.

I tried my best to feed her a lot before she gave birth.

What scares me is that she breathes weird? I dont know how im going to show it but she breathes fast according to how much her stomach moves in and out.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As long as they can move away, that’s good because as the night cools down, if mama gets up, they’ll have a heat source. It will lose heat anyway.

It sounds like she might need calcium. Give her a bit more cheese tonight and hopefully Sarthur2 Sarthur2 will have some suggestions for you tomorrow. Maybe she’d eat a scrambled egg, no salt. That has calcium.