Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey, that is wonderful her stool is firming up! Canned 100% pumpkin is great to use. It is fiber so helps with diarrhea AND constipation. If her stool is firming up I wouldn't stress her with a vet visit right now. Wait until the kittens are born. I have my cats wormed when I bring them in for their vaccinations. They are scared so the vet can give the worming pill easily. They fight me until I'm bloody, trying to give a pill!
Hey, her stool is more solid now but it still has blood. What do i do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I read that you had only given her cold water the last few days and I mistakenly thought you were not feeding her - so sorry!

Blood in the stool indicates a possible bacterial infection in the lining of the intestines. Generally an antibiotic is prescribed for that. Can you get her to the vet soon?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read that you had only given her cold water the last few days and I mistakenly thought you were not feeding her - so sorry!

Blood in the stool indicates a possible bacterial infection in the lining of the intestines. Generally an antibiotic is prescribed for that. Can you get her to the vet soon?

Its okay. Were going on Thursday morning.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Is there anything i can do right now until thursday that can help her??

Is this too dangerous for her and her babies?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I just researched and it says that dark coloured blood is a serious issue. I'm stressing so much. I'm just a student and if I was working I would've taken her to the vet ASAP. She seems normal right now but I know cats have poker faces.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Many times it is caused by parasites (different from worms) or bacterial infection, as I mentioned previously. Antibiotics and/or anthelmintics will cure the issue. Please call around to vets to inquire about getting her seen and treated. Do you have any clinics around, like a humane society or ASPCA, that offer lower cost services? Or ask a vet for a payment plan. Give it a try.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just posted, but I see that you are going to a vet on Thursday. That should be fine.

How much blood are you seeing in her stool?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just posted, but I see that you are going to a vet on Thursday. That should be fine.

I don't exactly know how Im going to explain but I will try to show a picture later when she goes again. There isnt a lot of blood that the whole thing is covered. LETS SAY ITS LIKE CANDY CANE LOOKING. HAHAHA. IM SORRY IM QUITE COMPLICATED XD. but thank you so much for all the help really. all of your guys' answers are so nice and calming. it helps me calm down a lot. :hyper:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Ever since my cat started having diarrhea, she stopped sleeping with us. And two days ago(when i completely changed back to her old food and litter), I bought a toy with catnip (it says online that its safe for pregnant cats(HOPEFULLY) to play with so I bought it just to make her feel more happy/energized). And when I let her play with the toy, she finally started sleeping with us again. I'm probably over thinking it but ye, THAT HAPPENED. Her stool has firmed up and now im just monitoring if she still has blood in her stool.

(My mom doesnt really want to spend the money for getting her checked out until she gives birth.)

And now, she will often lay on the bed or sleep beside us.

Purrs when you pet her, and allows us to feel her stomach without her trying to bite anymore. Does it mean anything? She wasn't too affectionate before.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All she wants to do right now is to keep eating.

She also wants to sleep next to us all the time and keep petting her as she sleeps.

Is this something to worry about?
She sleeps a lot like pregnant cats do.

Im sorry if i ask too much questions, im still a little worried. My mom doesnt want to take her to the vet anymore if her stool has firmed up and have no blood.(im still unsure if the blood in her poo has completely disappeared.)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She moves around a lot while trying to sleep too. Flipping from left to right.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Pregnant cats do get more and more affectionate as their pregnancy continues.

Sounds like she might be getting close.

;)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She tried to poo right now but nothing came out.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This is her right now. She can't poo and she keeps meowing. Now she just walked in her box where she will be giving birth and lied down. She won't stop purring and I'm it sure if it means anything but she's closing her eyes.

I'm sitting beside her just incase she does start.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is white discharge coming from her private area. Not the bum. It doesn't smell or anything. :confused2::bawling::bawling2:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually, it smells a bit but not too strong. She's not licking it off tho.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I THINK HER WATER JUST BROKE. I HEARD A SQUIRTING SOUND AND THERE WAS CLEAR LIQUID ON THE CARDBOARD.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its been 20 minutes and she has only been pushing. I saw her opening grow in size. Shes on her back right now and im not sure if i should move her.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes on her side. Not her back****