Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyways, i saw tiny black dots in mommas ears today. I had to check them out since she kept itching. There were quite a bit and i saw one towards the outside of her ears jump. I don't know if i caught any from the brush. Its always covered with fur and then i quickly dip it into soapy water.

She gets really feisty. I struggle to brush under her pits and stomach

I checked one of the kittens as well. I saw around 2 inside one of them. I didn't know whether to remove it with a q- tip since its all the way in there.

What do i do?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do not use a Q-tip in the kitten’s ear.

Have you offered the kittens wet food yet?
Not yet.. Ill offer them the turkey and giblets pate later when they wake up.

Do i need to worry about KMR or no since momma is with them

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Only 1/5 ate the wetfood. I had to offer tiny bits on my fingers for them to notice it. All of them just ran away. Ill try again later.

He ate at least a teaspoon amount.

Momma ate the rest :/

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just realized why the kittens are itching more than usual :"((((

We have this sofa bed that we got from a welfare and the delivery men just placed it on our yard for us to bring it in on our own. And ever since then, we have never sprayed it or anything. Fleas were probably living in there :"((.

I think they have transferred to them since I've allowed the kittens to roam freely around the livingroom. And they sometimes climb that sofa...

Should i spray the sofa with the bug spray, and then bathe them to reduce the amount of fleas or....??

Ill try to convince my mom to use salt on it if i can.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Should i keep momma cat's litter and food in the same room as the kittens?

The kittens are so curious now that all they want to do is escape from the livingroom. We have tried to kitten proof everything(not all) after they all started jumping higher than their enclosure, so now they have the whole livingroom to themselves.

Although momma's litter and her food are outside the livingroom so im not sure if i should keep them there since she also meows for us to open the door.

I'm planning to buy new litter and i saw one, but its like gravel??????? i dont even know.

Not sure how strong the smell will be but hopefully its not sand since their litter right now, scares me. They sneeze often and they like to eat it so i have to take it away when im not around. The sand also gets into their nostrils.

Attachments

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ignore the picture rgjenrjbslrf
b

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haven't trained the kittens well to use the litter box.

We finally bought paper based litter today and i was wondering if 2 litter boxes is enough for all 5 of them? They are 5 weeks old.

How many do i need?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens ate a bit of momma's seafood wetfood. Should i worry?

Also, one if them tried to nibble on momma's dry food. I'm pretty sure she swallowed it. Although hopefully not the whole thing. SHOULD I WORRY. ITS ADULT DRY FOOD MIXED WITH KITTEN DRY FOOD SO IM NOT SURE WHAT SHE TRIED.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First day of teaching how to use the litter and we have witnessed 2 of them use it perfectly <3

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mix some kitten dry in their wet food. They are fine, no harm but not too much of it.
I’m recovering from a fall, typing is difficult.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mix some kitten dry in their wet food. They are fine, no harm but not too much of it.
I’m recovering from a fall, typing is difficult.
I was afraid they would choke thats why.

Oh my!! Hopefully you are okay!! Get well soon!! <3

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also!! I was eating some cheese crackers and i accidentally left them on the couch because i had to clean up some kitten pee on the floor.

Momma ended up eating a few.
Its also quite salty so I'm scared that she ate quite a few.

What should i do? Do i need to worry?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay but, kittens are 6 weeks today, not all of them will eat wet food at the same time but 1 of them would never try it. I don't know if its bad but i tried to force food into their mouths when i was trying to wean them. Only because they were scared to try it. But once they start chewing and licking, i just place them in front of the food.

Here is the list of weights

As you can see, Oreo and Mochi are the heaviest(they're both boys and they both eat a lot), and Milo is also a boy and he is lighter the other 2 girls.

All of them are past the minimum weight for their age but I worry the most about Milo since he does not want to taste the food at all. I've tried giving him chicken or he turkey and giblet but he still won't budge.

I heard the thing called the slurry and idk if i should do that.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Are you weaning them from their mom’s milk? They are too young for that! Allow them to continue to nurse. Milo shouldn’t be forced to eat. They can nurse and eat.

You can add some warm water to the food to make a slurry. He just might need some extra time.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Are you weaning them from their mom’s milk? They are too young for that! Allow them to continue to nurse. Milo shouldn’t be forced to eat. They can nurse and eat.

You can add some warm water to the food to make a slurry. He just might need some extra time.
Im not fully weaning themmmm.

I watched Kitten Lady's video and she said that i can introduce wet food at 5 weeks. They are 6 weeks now and most of them are eating a lot of wet food as well as drinking mommas milk.

I feel bad for forcing but i just worry too much.

Milo touched and ate wet food for the first time yesterday. He only likes it when he has his own plate and nobody else around to eat with him. He seems really afraid of everything. All of his siblings are so outgoing and are bullies and he looks so alone and all. He was shaking when he licked the wet food for the first time. But after eating for a few minutes, he finally ate confidently.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Although i'm worrying so hard right now!!! :"(((( Oreo pooped today and it was half solid and half soft.(idk if it happened before today since they like to use momma cat's litter and momma still has diarrhea... i know its bad but man i dont know what to do anymore.) Not sure if its due to the wet food but its been a while since he started eating it so why is his poop wet now? I was also thinking about parasites and UGH i'm so worrieddd. My mom is not doing anything about contacting SNAP. I really wanna get them checked out.

They all eat well and play well they have lots of energy. I just hope its not too much of a problem.

Ill stop with the wet food for now. I don't think i can take him to the vet anytime soon.

Still very tight budget.

He ate a bit of clumping clay yesterday i think and UGH HOPEFULLY THAT ISN'T IT. :"(((( I SWITCHED EVERYTHING TO PAPER BASED NOW TOO. LIKE SOME OF THEM WILL NIBBLE ON MOM'S DRY ADULT FOOD BUT ARE FINE. IM SCARED ABOUT OREO.

ILL SEND A PIC OF HIS TUMMY TOMORROW.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do not stop the wet food. Mom and the kittens need it. The mother cat probably needs metronidazole to cure her diarrhea.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do not stop the wet food. Mom and the kittens need it. The mother cat probably needs metronidazole to cure her diarrhea.
Oreo lost a few grams... I'm not sure if the scale has a problem but last night i weighed him and he was around 832g? 834g? And now he is 822g. I'm not sure. Ill go feed them in a bit. :""( i will check his weight again in a few hours to see how he's doing.

He's the 2nd heaviest too. He eats the most.

Last edited: