Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I.. i refrigerate opened wet food and i microwave it when feeding. I make sure its not hot tho. Should i just leave it out for a bit before feeding instead of microwaving? I feel like that has something to do with it as well. One that just ate right now kinda had soft stool as well. Ill try offering them room temp food.

Im so confused. There is so much happening.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s best not to microwave if you can avoid it. Try your best to keep them away from mama’s food and litter (if it’s not the paper).

Is your friend still still planning on adopting two of the kittens?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s best not to microwave if you can avoid it. Try your best to keep them away from mama’s food and litter (if it’s not the paper).

Yes she is. I'm just wondering how she's going to provide for them. I might have to ask her parents first. And if not, how do i find people who will adopt them?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, kitten peed and pooped on the couch. He knows how to use the litter box but still chooses to go on the couch.

I have sprayed it with a disinfectant and i am now blow drying it. The couch still smells really bad. What do i do to get rid of the smell?

Also, how do i keep him from going on the couch?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Momma cat is on paper based litter now as well. She also wats the same wet food as the kittens. I keep mommas dry food somewhere high up too whenever i can.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need an enzyme based cleaner like Oxy Clean for the couch.

The kittens are still little and when they need to go they can’t wait, so you still need to be putting them in the litter box several times a day.

Ask your friends at school, and your teachers, if any of them are interested in adopting a kitten.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was made a DIY tease toy or something made out of those curling ribbon and accidentally hit one of the kitten's eye and his eye teared up a little bit. He look fine now tho but anyone know what i should check/see after a while that might be a sign of something bad?

I have so much problems I'm so sorry

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How is he now? It’s a natural response for the eye to tear up a bit after getting a little poke, just like it would with a human. He’s most likely just fine since you said he looked fine. You can check him in good lighting if you are still concerned. Kittens are pretty tough.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Search Results | PetSmart

I thought maybe you could look at the dewormers on this page and see if you can get one for your mama. I know the price is high but do some checking around and see what you can find out. Ideally she needs to get seen but this could help. I’m not great with dewormers but maybe some others can help. I know you just started back to school so check it out when you can! :lovecat4:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Search Results | PetSmart

I thought maybe you could look at the dewormers on this page and see if you can get one for your mama. I know the price is high but do some checking around and see what you can find out. Ideally she needs to get seen but this could help. I’m not great with dewormers but maybe some others can help. I know you just started back to school so check it out when you can! :lovecat4:
I'm honestly forcing my mom to contact SNAP asap just so that we can find out if we can get all the treatments like deworming and vaccines. Were honestly in a much worse state right now compared to before. We even had to eat out back up canned food since were too broke LMAO. Its quite sad. We didn't even get to buy school supplies and had to reuse old supplies. My mom is jobless but is about to graduate this november ^-^ hopefully she can finally get an office job.

Athough were quite stocked on the cat and kitten stuff so no worries about that. All the medical things are just what i'm concerned at the moment.

He is fine now. I will check his eye again tomorrow though.

Its normal for them to be overly active right?
especially at night oh my gosh. THEY RUN SO MUCH AHAH. I'm still trying to get them to stop biting us when we play. one of them are so active that they pounce uncontrollably when we sit on the floor to play, WHICH IS ALSO WHY IM MAKING MANY DIY TEASE TOYS THAT WILL ALLOW US TO PLAY WITH THEM WITHOUT BEING CLOSE LOL. They are very social too which i am very glad about. The shy one is coming out of its comfort zone too.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s very smart to DIY some toys that keep you at a distance while they pounce and attack away!

If they do bite or scratch you, say ouch and stop playing so they learn not to do it. If it’s one particular one who is attacking you, and ouch doesn’t work, try hissing at him. Never play with your hands as their toys, as tempting as that is. You can try to tire them out by playing with them before bed but they would rather play all night, lol!

I do hope your mom finds work soon. It’ll get better. Thankfully she’s graduating in November. You said nursing school if I recall? My daughter in-law will be graduating in December.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s very smart to DIY some toys that keep you at a distance while they pounce and attack away!

If they do bite or scratch you, say ouch and stop playing so they learn not to do it. If it’s one particular one who is attacking you, and ouch doesn’t work, try hissing at him. Never play with your hands as their toys, as tempting as that is. You can try to tire them out by playing with them before bed but they would rather play all night, lol!

I do hope your mom finds work soon. It’ll get better. Thankfully she’s graduating in November. You said nursing school if I recall? My daughter in-law will be graduating in December.
HAHHA NO SHE IS GRADUATING I ACCOUNTING.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIPS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Their personalities are starting to show more and more. Some likes to sleep on our laps when we watch tv at times

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:flail:Ahh, my dad started off as an accountant- maybe that’s what I was thinking, something familiar. That’s a good field!

Aww, their purrsonailties sound so cute!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:flail:Ahh, my dad started off as an accountant- maybe that’s what I was thinking, something familiar. That’s a good field!

Aww, their purrsonailties sound so cute!
My mom was offered a job at a dentist a few blocks away and I really hope she gets hired because its a good paying job. HUHUHU

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it safe to put baking soda in the litterbox? Kittens and mom uses it and like, it gets smelly everyday and there are 2 other litter boxes they use too so its kind of a LOT OF LITTER

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, kittens have eaten quite a lot of mommas dry food whenever were not home. Is that bad?? I offer them kitten chow but they prefer mommas dry food.