Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are almost 5 weeks, you should begin offering pate-style wet food (no shreds or chunks) and putting them in the litter box before and after meals. They will not all be ready to eat solids or use the box at the same time, but it’s time to begin offering food and showing them the box. Kittens usually catch on to both between 5 and 8 weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If they are almost 5 weeks, you should begin offering pate-style wet food (no shreds or chunks) and putting them in the litter box before and after meals. They will not all be ready to eat solids or use the box at the same time, but it’s time to begin offering food and showing them the box. Kittens usually catch on to both between 5 and 8 weeks.
Okay okay. I showed the box to one of them and licked the sand. I had to brush it off of its tongue.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As long as it’s the non clumping, yes it’s fine. The clumping isn’t safe for young kittens because some try to eat the litter. Clumping litter can cause a blockage in a kitten so save that until they’re older (4 months).

Happy feeding and litter training!:cutecat:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THEY ARE GROWING TOO QUICKLY. I CANT HUHU. THEY KEEP ESCAPING THE NEST. I have placed them out many times to roam around the livingroom. I swept and covered paces with wires they can get stuck in.

BUT I JUST REMEMBERED NOW THAT THERE ARE COUCHES HRBGUWRAHNEB what if they get more fleas from them huhuhu.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THEY ARE TOO PLAYFUL AND ACTIVE. I GAVE THEM SCRUNCHED UP PAPER BALLS AND THEY ATTACK IT LOL.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you do not have a flea problem. If you had an infestation you would know it: you would be getting bitten; you would see fleas jumping on your ankles; you would see “flea dirt” on bedding; and your cat would be scratching continuously and possibly have sores.

As long as none of this is happening, you can stop worrying and no need to do anything.
SO... as long as there isnt an infestation, i wont have to worry?..... i mean, i just see them scratching but thats it.. i also try to comb them as much as i can.

i really apologize for asking the same thing over and over again. i dont know what to do anymore. :////

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The answer is flea treatment in the form of Advantage II for cats. You’ve said that’s not an option at this time, so continue to use the flea comb. Just because they scratch does not mean there is an infestation. Cats can scratch an itch without it being a flea.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The answer is flea treatment in the form of Advantage II for cats. You’ve said that’s not an option at this time, so continue to use the flea comb. Just because they scratch does not mean there is an infestation. Cats can scratch an itch without it being a flea.

Huhu i know :”(( i just overthink and panic too much huhu.

Anyways, like people mentioned here before about Diatomaceous earth. Can that be placed on hardwood and furniture without damaging them? Im thinking about using that instead. I found a store which sells it.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why do you think you need this? Are fleas jumping on you and around the house?
huhu... no....................... im just worried........ nevermind....

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
one of the kittens keep licking the litter, what do i do? i try to dust the litter off of its nose and tongue.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wait THIS IS THE LAST QUESTION I SWEAR! DOES THE WET FOOD MATTER IF IT ISN'T KITTEN WET FOOD AS LONG AS ITS PATE?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Friskies regular pate is labeled as formulated for kittens as well. Try not to feed them the fish flavors if you can.

You can keep asking questions! Don’t worry about that.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Friskies chicken dinner pate would be fine?
How about Friskies Turkey and Giblets?

LOL THE NAMES THROW ME OFF SO I DON'T KNOW IF THEY'RE JUST THE CLASSIC ONES.

Sticking to 1 flavor would be best right?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boy mainly eats the Turkey and Giblets 98% of the time. He hates the Mixed Grill. Yes, funny names to appeal to the the humans. We just mainly buy one kind because that’s what he prefers, but he’s 9. He never complains, unless it’s the one I mentioned (and it does smell strong but no fish, lol). He loves this brand the best so we stick with it. I doubt they will be picky.

I only have one cat left, sadly, but I buy the large cans to save money. Between mama and the babies, you can check prices out to see what will be a better deal once they start eating more.

Happy eating!

ETA Yes, those would be fine.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boy mainly eats the Turkey and Giblets 98% of the time. He hates the Mixed Grill. Yes, funny names to appeal to the the humans. We just mainly buy one kind because that’s what he prefers, but he’s 9. He never complains, unless it’s the one I mentioned (and it does smell strong but no fish, lol). He loves this brand the best so we stick with it. I doubt they will be picky.

I only have one cat left, sadly, but I buy the large cans to save money. Between mama and the babies, you can check prices out to see what will be a better deal once they start eating more.

Happy eating!

ETA Yes, those would be fine.

YES!! THE LARGE CANS ARE THE CHEAPEST COMPARED TO THE TINY ONES HAHA.

I mainly feed momma cat friskies too, as well as purina ONE dry food. She gave up on the kitten dry food which is a bummer. Even when mixed with other food, she wont eat it.

She prefers chunky over pate as well haha.