Post Your Cats On Your Bed

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats can stay in bed. They just need to scoot over.

You'd do the same if it was another human. Wouldn't you? "Hey, hon... Scoot over! Will ya'?" The same goes for cats. ;)

I did this, not an hour ago, sitting on the sofa with Elliot. He was lying on the sofa. He was in just the right place that makes it impossible for anybody to sit on the sofa without scrunching him. I just gave him a little pat and moved right in. As soon as I was settled, he moved up, onto my lap and started purring.

Cats do the same thing to each other. Just watch what happens as one cat is lying in a sunbeam, by the window, when another comes along. The second cat will just move right in. The first cat will either have to scoot over to make room or find another place to go.

I do the same thing except that, our cats are almost always welcome to come over and snuggle up after the human gets settled.

I figure it's just normal "Cat Politics." Right?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats can stay in bed. They just need to scoot over.

You'd do the same if it was another human. Wouldn't you? "Hey, hon... Scoot over! Will ya'?" The same goes for cats. ;)

I did this, not an hour ago, sitting on the sofa with Elliot. He was lying on the sofa. He was in just the right place that makes it impossible for anybody to sit on the sofa without scrunching him. I just gave him a little pat and moved right in. As soon as I was settled, he moved up, onto my lap and started purring.

Cats do the same thing to each other. Just watch what happens as one cat is lying in a sunbeam, by the window, when another comes along. The second cat will just move right in. The first cat will either have to scoot over to make room or find another place to go.

I do the same thing except that, our cats are almost always welcome to come over and snuggle up after the human gets settled.

I figure it's just normal "Cat Politics." Right?
Yeah, if it was a human. But no way, if it's Elvis. He owns the place. Legally, morally, and spatially as well. HIS bed is HIS. He consents to let me share it as I do provide warmth, and softness. It gets a little dicier when he's on my weight bench, like now, and I need to work out. But today is not a workout day. He doesn't cruise the counters (any more -- he has in the past, a little) or get on the stove (ever) or my workstation (ever) so he has carte blanche in the rest of HIS home. He is The King, after all :petcat: 👑
IMG_2647 (1).JPG

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't if funny how such a small cat can take up an ENTIRE sofa? They lay right in the middle of everything and stretch out in such a way that's it's impossible to sit anywhere without scrunching the cat. How the hell can they do that?! :dunno:

Our cats are allowed to lay on the bed, the sofa, the easy chair or anywhere else they want. (Except for the counters, of course.) Their only rule is that, when somebody else wants to sit down, they have to move over. That's all. They can still stay on the sofa if they want. If they want to be on the other side, they can be. If they want to snuggle up for some lap time, they are certainly welcome.

I'm not mean to them. I don't manhandle them. I don't yell. I just walk over, give them a little scratch on the head and a gentle pat on the bum and say, "Scoot over!" It's just a matter of fact thing.

Yes, if one of the cats is camping out on the sofa, sometimes I'll go sit some place else. You're right. The cat seems so warm and comfy, it'd be a shame to disturb him. On the other hand, if the cat is in my spot on the bed and it's time for me to go to sleep, he needs to have to move over. I've got to get ready for work in the morning and I need my sleep! If I don't get my a$$ to work on time, I won't make money to buy cat food and kitty treats!

So, here's the deal... If the cat wants his yum-yums, his catnip, his cat toys and a warm bed to sleep in, the least he can do is move over so I can get some rest! Right? :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't if funny how such a small cat can take up an ENTIRE sofa? They lay right in the middle of everything and stretch out in such a way that's it's impossible to sit anywhere without scrunching the cat. How the hell can they do that?! :dunno:

Our cats are allowed to lay on the bed, the sofa, the easy chair or anywhere else they want. (Except for the counters, of course.) Their only rule is that, when somebody else wants to sit down, they have to move over. That's all. They can still stay on the sofa if they want. If they want to be on the other side, they can be. If they want to snuggle up for some lap time, they are certainly welcome.

I'm not mean to them. I don't manhandle them. I don't yell. I just walk over, give them a little scratch on the head and a gentle pat on the bum and say, "Scoot over!" It's just a matter of fact thing.

Yes, if one of the cats is camping out on the sofa, sometimes I'll go sit some place else. You're right. The cat seems so warm and comfy, it'd be a shame to disturb him. On the other hand, if the cat is in my spot on the bed and it's time for me to go to sleep, he needs to have to move over. I've got to get ready for work in the morning and I need my sleep! If I don't get my a$$ to work on time, I won't make money to buy cat food and kitty treats!

So, here's the deal... If the cat wants his yum-yums, his catnip, his cat toys and a warm bed to sleep in, the least he can do is move over so I can get some rest! Right? :)
Being insomniac AND narcoleptic (Don't ask. IDK. I fall asleep during the final 7/8 of most TV shows but can't sleep after I shut it off and go to bed. I can sleep in the theatre with crashing loudness. Go figure.) and working at/from home, it's all the same to me. I'm just grateful and glad when Elvis decides to grace the bed with his presence. He doesn't, usually, in warm/hot weather, when doors and windows are open and he cruises the hallway/prowls the living room savannah. He spends a lot of time laptopping here in the office while I work. It's a win/win situation in that way.
IMG_2038.JPG

The CEO/CFO/COO in Command Central, doing what he does best :redheartpump: :bluecat::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. The cat might be really tired from a busy day of catting and/or be having a really good cat dream.
View attachment 472403
TYSM, eevans3373 eevans3373 -- agree 100% with you! I was taught to respect, protect, and love cats -- and I hope I do all of these well. I do occasionally have to move Elvis, but I try not to. If he's chosen a spot, it's HIS spot while he's in it.

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TYSM, eevans3373 eevans3373 -- agree 100% with you! I was taught to respect, protect, and love cats -- and I hope I do all of these well. I do occasionally have to move Elvis, but I try not to. If he's chosen a spot, it's HIS spot while he's in it.
I usually bribe them with treats or the worm toy to get them to move. They can't resist the worm toy.

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How do you tell them apart? ;) ;) ;)
Different coat patterns. Teddie Bear is a classic tabby. Samantha is a striped tabby.
Different amount of white fur. Samantha's front legs are white whereas Teddie Bear has tabby sleeves down his front legs.
Different facial pattern. Teddie Bear has a batman cowl. Samantha has a Robin Mask.
Coat softness. Mr. Bear has a much softer coat than his sister. Useful in dark.
Size. Mr. Bear is 14 pounds. Samantha is 9 pounds.