Post Your Cats On Your Bed

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have a habit of splooting horizontally on the bed. Leaving me with very little bed area to sleep on.
I sometimes have to wriggle my way into bed between Phoebe and Daisy!
Our cats are trained. If there's a cat in bed where you need to sleep, just go over and pet him, nicely and tell him to move over. If, after thirty seconds, that doesn't work, give the cat a pat on the bum and nudge him over a bit.

If the cat STILL doesn't move just lay right down on top of him! Don't squash the cat, of course! Just move right in and take your spot on the bed, cat be damned. Scooch him over a foot or two if you need to. Once you're in bed and covered up, pat the bed next to you and invite the cat to lay down and snuggle up next to you.

If you do that every night, consistently, the cat will eventually learn to move over when his human comes to bed. Both of our cats, Casper and Elliot, know the drill. All I have to do is walk to the side of the bed, pet the cat for a minute than pull the blankets down and climb into bed. The cat will get up and circle around the bed for a minute then, once I've settled in, he'll come and pick a spot next to me and lay down, again.

The same trick works when there's a cat on the sofa when you want to sit down. Just give him a little pat on the bum and say, "Scoot over!" The cat moves over. You sit down then the cat finds a comfy spot next to you. With Casper, it's a spot next to you, on the sofa. With Elliot, it's usually on your lap! ;)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats are trained. If there's a cat in bed where you need to sleep, just go over and pet him, nicely and tell him to move over. If, after thirty seconds, that doesn't work, give the cat a pat on the bum and nudge him over a bit.

If the cat STILL doesn't move just lay right down on top of him! Don't squash the cat, of course! Just move right in and take your spot on the bed, cat be damned. Scooch him over a foot or two if you need to. Once you're in bed and covered up, pat the bed next to you and invite the cat to lay down and snuggle up next to you.

If you do that every night, consistently, the cat will eventually learn to move over when his human comes to bed. Both of our cats, Casper and Elliot, know the drill. All I have to do is walk to the side of the bed, pet the cat for a minute than pull the blankets down and climb into bed. The cat will get up and circle around the bed for a minute then, once I've settled in, he'll come and pick a spot next to me and lay down, again.

The same trick works when there's a cat on the sofa when you want to sit down. Just give him a little pat on the bum and say, "Scoot over!" The cat moves over. You sit down then the cat finds a comfy spot next to you. With Casper, it's a spot next to you, on the sofa. With Elliot, it's usually on your lap! ;)
I can move them without trouble, I'm just trying not to disturb them if they're sound asleep. If they're awake they are likely to jump down as I move to get into bed.