Please read and help! Urgent need for rescue and fosters for homeless cats and kittens

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I successfully retrapped cats with a camouflaged drop trap that I left out for days before trapping to get the cats use to it (even getting them to eat under it.) On trapping day that is how I trapped. However, one time I trapped two cats (one ran into the trap last second). :doh2:I placed a bunch of dividers in the drop 9trap separating the two cats. I got the other cat out right away and then lined up the back of the Tomahawk trap and gently prodded the sick kitty into the other trap. It worked! The tnr groups around here use a remote control drop trap. Maybe Todd could look into that.

Praying for the kitties and Todd. I hope Smokey gets retrapped and taken to the vet soon. Also Miss Ash finds a home. She really needs one!!!🙂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I successfully retrapped cats with a camouflaged drop trap that I left out for days before trapping to get the cats use to it (even getting them to eat under it.) On trapping day that is how I trapped. However, one time I trapped two cats (one ran into the trap last second). :doh2:I placed a bunch of dividers in the drop 9trap separating the two cats. I got the other cat out right away and then lined up the back of the Tomahawk trap and gently prodded the sick kitty into the other trap. It worked! The tnr groups around here use a remote control drop trap. Maybe Todd could look into that.

Praying for the kitties and Todd. I hope Smokey gets retrapped and taken to the vet soon. Also Miss Ash finds a home. She really needs one!!!🙂
Poor Miss Ashe 😿 it's heartbreaking seeing her so scared.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Miss Ashe 😿 it's heartbreaking seeing her so scared.
I see alot of that out here. For my nightly feeding, I have three very large cats come and bully the other cats and raid their bowls. I have to put out extra bowls (and spread them out). Some cats still won't touch the bowls until the big cats are gone. It could take quite awhile to get everyone feed. Also, on the rainy days (or right after the rain) the slugs get into the bowls.🤢 Gross!!! I have tried to feed the nice cats on the side of my house, but they are scared of my backyard cats who are territorial. I tried changing their schedule, but they are stubborn with that. It can be very frustrating at times. Also they are fussy eaters, so there is that, too.

I hope Miss Ash finds a home. I hope Todd can find one for her soon. It is not an easy life for these outdoor kitties, but we try the best we can. 🙂

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem with a cat I feed at apartments nearby. A bully cat has figured out there is food and I have to referee and then sneak back with more food for her once the bully thinks that the meal is over.
Yup, you have to feed the bully(s) first, than those you really want to feed. Unfortunately, most nights I am on a tight schedule and that feeding can take a long time. I have 3, sometimes 4 bullies crashing the night feeding. All big cats (1 of them is a heavy weight who weighs 15+ pounds). Well, he's eating good in the neighborhood.😀

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Ashe has a foster! Looking at the full face photos it seems to me that as long as her poor ears are they wouldn't have had to take so much off the tip when she was TNR'd.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Ashe has a foster! Looking at the full face photos it seems to me that as long as her poor ears are they wouldn't have had to take so much off the tip when she was TNR'd.
The same thing happened to a few of my colony cats and oddly enough other kitties barely got there ear clipped.

All the best for Miss Ash and her new life.❤

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
The same thing happened to a few of my colony cats and oddly enough other kitties barely got there ear clipped.

All the best for Miss Ash and her new life.❤
Gypsys is not too bad. She is floofy enough that her clip isn't too noticeable. 20210625_081657.jpg