PLEASE HELP!!!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy birthday to our sweetheart Anubis!!! We all adore you!! 

@lallorona in a way today is your birthday too as he would not be celebrating today if you hadn't given him the kind of love and care that you did. You will always be his angel!! Happy birthday to you too!!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was woken by Speedy this morning, I said "Good Morning, Speedy!  Today is Anubis' birthday!!!

Well here we are, Marianne and Speedy 

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  ANUBIS !!!  

AND ......

MANY,    
    MANY,   
    MORE !!!!    

@lallorona, you had kindness in your heart, and courage and determination to see that Anubis get all the best  he deserves!  Best wishes to you, Anubis, princess and your family on this special day!!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy unofficial birthday to this handsome boy! Although I do not know the exact date of his birthday I know for a fact that he was brought in to this world sometime around this month!

What a big boy you have become. Nursing you back to health wasn't easy, but I'm so glad you lived to see this day. You may be wild and crazy, and we're constantly saying "Anubis stop it! Hey! No! Bad!" lol but we all love you and consider you and ur sister part of our family. You love to play, and run around and mutilate bugs. You always wake me up in the middle of the night because you play with that annoying ball, and you love picking on your sister. You sleep in the weirdest positions, but you look too cute doing it. You're mischievous, and recently started stealing socks. I remember when you started recovering from your uri, you were so small, skinny, but boy did you cry when you tried to escape from under the door of my bedroom and i didnt let you. You started eating on your own and i was soo excited when i saw that you had finally pooped! LOL it was so sudden when you started purring out of nowhere, thats how i knew you were going to be ok. Now you're a big boy, my hand no longer covers your little body. You are finally a year old, considered an adult but to me you will always be that healthy 4 month old kitten with a plump belly. Happy birthday anubis 

here he is playing with the string that opens the blinds lol

I would give him a special "dinner", or treats, but Anubis is a very very, picky eater. lol

Also, thank you all for your birthday wishes!

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a handsome boy. Love his green eyes.  I don't remember seeing the patch of white under his neck before.

Happy birthday Anubis!  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

What a handsome boy. Love his green eyes.  I don't remember seeing the patch of white under his neck before.

Happy birthday Anubis!  
How odd!  I had the same reaction to the white patch - I didn't remember seeing it either!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
You have never noticed the white patch??!!! Lol I'm sure I've posted a few pics with him showing it off lol

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Anubis has this plush bear that he played with since he was a healthy kitten. At the time the plush toy was almost the same size as him. Now, he tripled in size, and it's hilarious when I watch him play with it. When he starts kicking it he ends up kicking himself on the head.[emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji]

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm having problems with Anubis. Lately he has been refusing to eat wet food. He'll eat his dry food, but whenever it times for wet food he takes gives a few licks and walks away. I've tried changing it but he still refuses to eat it. Princess loves wet food, she can eat it all day every day. But Anubis, I don't know what's up with that boy. I end up having to throw it in the trash. I've given him ham (just a small piece). Nope. Smelled it and walked away, I've given him cooked chicken (boiled it in water). Nope. Not interested. He will only eat kibble. I don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to him to starve or not eat so I give in and give him his dry food while princess eats her wet food. Any suggestions?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having problems with Anubis. Lately he has been refusing to eat wet food. He'll eat his dry food, but whenever it times for wet food he takes gives a few licks and walks away. I've tried changing it but he still refuses to eat it. Princess loves wet food, she can eat it all day every day. But Anubis, I don't know what's up with that boy. I end up having to throw it in the trash. I've given him ham (just a small piece). Nope. Smelled it and walked away, I've given him cooked chicken (boiled it in water). Nope. Not interested. He will only eat kibble. I don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to him to starve or not eat so I give in and give him his dry food while princess eats her wet food. Any suggestions?
I have a problem cat like that. I have gotten him to eat the wet food by limiting his dry food and giving that to him at separate meal times. So he gets wet food first at five am then gets dry food later on in the day. Then he gets his second wet food meal at 5pm and doesn't get his dry until 8pm.

The amount of dry food he is given is half of his daily calories.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats do seem to have a definite preference and no matter how much you try to get them to alter diet they won't 'play'.   Sometimes I think it can come from a bad experience they associate with the food, like maybe smelling it as off one time, or choking / being sick if something stuck in their throat.  I guess we never really know.  One thing I know is Mouse won't touch wet food unless he's really sick and his mouth's too sore for the hard kibble he gets for his teeth.  I could offer him neat tuna steak and he'd turn his little nose up at it.  

Is Anubis OK at drinking water?   I figure as long as you can feed kibble that's as high protein as you can and they will drink water then it's better than not eating and getting in to a battle that you never win. 

You can try to get him to take occasional treat bits like pilchard or sardine which are quite stinky as sometimes cats will go for that kind of thing - at least then it means you get some wet food in to him in case he needs to take medication at some point.  I can get Mouse to take about half a tiny sardine (tinned variety in spring water) but that's about it and I have to freeze the rest in an ice cube tray as I hate fish.  

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a cat who absolutely will not eat anything but dry food - ever! She used to eat boiled chicken but no more. I've tried everything.

I feed her unlimited high-protein, low-grain dry food and plenty of fresh water, and she is as happy and healthy as can be.

It sounds like Anubis has stated his preferences for now. He'll be fine. Just know that his preferences could change again at any time. [emoji]128149[/emoji]

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
He does drink plenty of water. So that's good [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji] I've just fed him chicken flavor wet food. His bowl is still full and he's standing next to it like if it were empty. Ugh. I'm just going to give it to princess and give Anubis dry food. Still hoping he changes his mind lol

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Some cats do seem to have a definite preference and no matter how much you try to get them to alter diet they won't 'play'.   Sometimes I think it can come from a bad experience they associate with the food, like maybe smelling it as off one time, or choking / being sick if something stuck in their throat.  I guess we never really know.  One thing I know is Mouse won't touch wet food unless he's really sick and his mouth's too sore for the hard kibble he gets for his teeth.  I could offer him neat tuna steak and he'd turn his little nose up at it.  :frusty:   

Is Anubis OK at drinking water?   I figure as long as you can feed kibble that's as high protein as you can and they will drink water then it's better than not eating and getting in to a battle that you never win. 

You can try to get him to take occasional treat bits like pilchard or sardine which are quite stinky as sometimes cats will go for that kind of thing - at least then it means you get some wet food in to him in case he needs to take medication at some point.  I can get Mouse to take about half a tiny sardine (tinned variety in spring water) but that's about it and I have to freeze the rest in an ice cube tray as I hate fish.  :lol3:  
Anubis used to go crazy for wet food! I don't know what happened. Maybe he got tired of it? I don't know.
Princess has been eating wet food for years and goes wild when that can opens lol

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Took Anubis & princess for their annual check up today. He now weights 13 pounds. And princess weights 9 lbs. last time I remember Anubis weight 11, and Princess 7. So they both gained 2 pounds.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can't believe it's been a year since you found little Anubis. Guess he's not so little anymore. And he's even influencing his big sister to eat more. LOL. Got any new pictures for us?