PLEASE HELP!!!!

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lallorona,
I have Bastet in several places in my house and Egyptology always fascinated me as well ( still does). Have to add other areas of belief and general Mythology too-- one of my cats is named LOKI, and really fits the name, though sometimes I think it might as well have been Houdini or Merlin equally well. Absolutely an escape artist of major deeds!
I have been lucky enough to have had two of the silver gray cats in my life, but they were more of the Russian or British Blue variety with chunky little bodies, one with spectacular Aqua-green eyes, the next with very golden ones. She had seven toes on each foot too, so despite her name being Heather... More often she was called " shredder", which really fit! Anubis has that very Oriental look so might just keep his blue eyes. You just never know how they'll turn out, but he's certainly special. Look how he started out and where he is now!
I really loved your growth photos... Fabulous way to show how much he's grown, and very funny too. My latest "Kitten" is about 15 months and is absolutely huge at over 20 pounds. He was a fairly typical looking Siamese, but now looks more like a Maine Coon! Honestly you just never know. He fits nowhere that he used to, but still tries with often hilarious results[emoji]128540[/emoji], if he sleeps anywhere on me it puts whatever part he is on to sleep!
I'm just so very happy for both of you. You got through to him that he needed to live, and gave him the love and strength to do it! My family calls that ability " Cat Magic", but perhaps Bastet helped him as well. Either way, great job, truly. He is just amazing and very beautiful, and I'm so happy that you found each other when you did. Not many would have even tried at that stage, but you did ( I would have too). Your story started my New Year off on a very big high note and I'm still smiling. Thank you for that![emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Lallorona,
I have Bastet in several places in my house and Egyptology always fascinated me as well ( still does). Have to add other areas of belief and general Mythology too-- one of my cats is named LOKI, and really fits the name, though sometimes I think it might as well have been Houdini or Merlin equally well. Absolutely an escape artist of major deeds!
I have been lucky enough to have had two of the silver gray cats in my life, but they were more of the Russian or British Blue variety with chunky little bodies, one with spectacular Aqua-green eyes, the next with very golden ones. She had seven toes on each foot too, so despite her name being Heather... More often she was called " shredder", which really fit! Anubis has that very Oriental look so might just keep his blue eyes. You just never know how they'll turn out, but he's certainly special. Look how he started out and where he is now!
I really loved your growth photos... Fabulous way to show how much he's grown, and very funny too. My latest "Kitten" is about 15 months and is absolutely huge at over 20 pounds. He was a fairly typical looking Siamese, but now looks more like a Maine Coon! Honestly you just never know. He fits nowhere that he used to, but still tries with often hilarious results[emoji]128540[/emoji], if he sleeps anywhere on me it puts whatever part he is on to sleep!
I'm just so very happy for both of you. You got through to him that he needed to live, and gave him the love and strength to do it! My family calls that ability " Cat Magic", but perhaps Bastet helped him as well. Either way, great job, truly. He is just amazing and very beautiful, and I'm so happy that you found each other when you did. Not many would have even tried at that stage, but you did ( I would have too). Your story started my New Year off on a very big high note and I'm still smiling. Thank you for that![emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128522[/emoji]
Anubis eyes were blue, but as he grew it changed to a darkish green (with some yellow thrown in there lol) Truth is, I wasn't even supposed to keep Anubis. My parents hesitated when I called them through a public pay phone and let them know I had found a sick kitten next to a trash can, & I felt like I would regret it if I don't help him. So the deal was to bring him in, nurse him back to health, and find him a home. Which in the end my parents agreed to keep him. My dad loves Anubis. He's always cuddling with him and smooching him on the head lol

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I would never know the truth behind Anubis' life before coming home with me. How did he end up next to trash can? Did he have owners? Was he born to a stray mama? Perhaps his owners abandoned him. Perhaps he got lost and ended up sick. Or maybe he ran away. I would never know. But what I do know is that he starved for who knows how long. The days were really hot and temperatures were extremely hot. His little feet were cut and had scabs around his legs. He was very dehydrated. Very boney. Eyes were glued shut. His nose was stuffed causing him to breathe through his mouth. Therefore he could not smell his food. I remember when I would give him pedialyte with a syringe I would hear bubbly sounds coming from his mouth. Had I not brought him home he would have died out in the heat. 2 seasons later he's put on weight, eats, plays, annoys me, attacks the air, destroyed my sandals, hung up on my significant other while we were video chatting on skype, eats, eats, eats and did I mention he eats? I'm glad he was given another chance. Believe me, I am a crazy cat lady. It's literal. My cats are my babies, yes I am too over protective when it comes down to them and I get mad when people just tell me "they're just animals." Well these animals are part of my family. I don't care how tough times get I would never leave them behind. When I go out of town I cry because I miss them. I don't let them go outside because of the dangers out there. I don't want neither of my babies to get hit by cars, killed by other animals, or worse yet abused by evil people. The safest place for my cats is at home with me. I am one of those people who has nothing but pics of my babies and I post nothing but my cats on social media and I'm sure people find it annoying but I don't care. It's not my fault my babies are too cute :lol3:

With that being said, during this cold weather I allow my babies to hurl under my blankets. This summer Anubis will be in a fresh environment during the hot weather, unlike last year :)

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lallorona,

You have mentioned a few times that you have another cat. When are you going to post a pic (or 20?) so we can meet Anubis' big brother/sister? I would love to see pics or videos of them together! 

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Here you go :)

It's a love hate relationship with these two lol There are times where she tolerates him but the thing is that Anubis plays a little too rough and that's what she doesn't like. Anubis is wild 24/7, sometimes when she's asleep he pounces on her, bops her on the head, or attacks her tail and she gets mad lol

But when Anubis is calm, they sniff each other and sometimes she even grooms him :)

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't get princess though. She's always sniffing Anubis butt, but she hates it when he does it to her :lol3:

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! She is gorgeous! (maybe I am a bit biased because she looks a lot like my Keeker?!)

What is her name? How old is she? 

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG! She is gorgeous! (maybe I am a bit biased because she looks a lot like my Keeker?!)
What is her name? How old is she? 
Her name is princess and she is 4 years old. TRUST ME. Anubis is only 6-7 months old, and he's bigger than her!
She was a bottle baby. I got her when she was 3 weeks old along with her brother (who passed away a week later :( I named him Nevan). It was during the cold weather. And rainy too. Momma never showed up. My dad suspects they were taken away from mama and dumped on the streets! I was still in high school at the time. So during school nights I would wake up every few hours to bottle feed. Sometimes I would get to school late. Sometimes I wouldn't show up until my second class because there was no one at home to feed them while I was gone. So I had to wait until my mom came home. Everyday after school I would go straight home. No more hanging out with friends after school for me lol but i didn't mind. I agreed to take full responsibility of them when I asked if I could keep them (while Nevan was still alive at the time). That same week when I took them in we had also taken in another stray, simba. We were trying to find him a home. Nevan died a week later, and since we didn't want princess to grow up lonely so we decided to keep him. Unfortunately he passed away 2 years ago :(

Last edited:

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Lallorona,
I've been looking at your photos, etc. the closest I can come to his type is Oriental Russian Blue, which sounds a bit ridiculous. Not that it matters, because he's utterly gorgeous! I really hope you meant " curl" under the blankets instead of " hurl?", but you gave me a good laugh anyway!
I'm just really happy that everything worked out for both of you, and that you got to keep him after all you went through to save him. One of mine got carried around everywhere I went so I could keep up with the feedings. I made a small carrier/ backpack thingy and had her and her gear inside for cuddles and feedings. We even took her to the zoo with us! That was pretty funny in retrospect, but we got many smiles and comments from the keepers and no one complained. The big cats found it very interesting and came to watch through their window while she was fed. They seemed to be very interested, but not as if she was a snack for them, just fascinated that we were trying to help this tiny thing ( and likely wondering why?).
I think my sister and I might be among the original " cat ladies" as she has 10 cats and I have 6! I can't seem to help myself.... If they need me, I'm there. One of my guys ( Loki) was a blood bank kitty for several years, so you must know that I had to take him and give him a real home. They are my children, and I couldn't love them more if they really were. Sounds like you feel the same way and I think everyone here completely understands.
Just wanted to tell you that I'm very pleased to " meet" you, and look forward to much more of you and Anubis. I'm retired and something of a night owl, so anytime you want to chat, feel free.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Lallorona,
I've been looking at your photos, etc. the closest I can come to his type is Oriental Russian Blue, which sounds a bit ridiculous. Not that it matters, because he's utterly gorgeous! I really hope you meant " curl" under the blankets instead of " hurl?", but you gave me a good laugh anyway!
I'm just really happy that everything worked out for both of you, and that you got to keep him after all you went through to save him. One of mine got carried around everywhere I went so I could keep up with the feedings. I made a small carrier/ backpack thingy and had her and her gear inside for cuddles and feedings. We even took her to the zoo with us! That was pretty funny in retrospect, but we got many smiles and comments from the keepers and no one complained. The big cats found it very interesting and came to watch through their window while she was fed. They seemed to be very interested, but not as if she was a snack for them, just fascinated that we were trying to help this tiny thing ( and likely wondering why?).
I think my sister and I might be among the original " cat ladies" as she has 10 cats and I have 6! I can't seem to help myself.... If they need me, I'm there. One of my guys ( Loki) was a blood bank kitty for several years, so you must know that I had to take him and give him a real home. They are my children, and I couldn't love them more if they really were. Sounds like you feel the same way and I think everyone here completely understands.
Just wanted to tell you that I'm very pleased to " meet" you, and look forward to much more of you and Anubis. I'm retired and something of a night owl, so anytime you want to chat, feel free.
Thank you so much!
Actually I meant to say "sleep". I have no idea why it says hurl LOL
I'm so glad I can be my weird crazy cat lady self here! I can literally go on and on talking about my cats non stop! LOL and I remember clearly at a job interview I went to we spent the entire interview talking about our cats :lol3: sadly, I had to turn the job down because I couldn't do graveyard shifts.
If only we could claim our cats as children during tax season! I hate how my paycheck looks once they take money out of it :'( lol
I love all cats, even if they're not mine. So in other words I love everyone's cats here in this site, including yours! :lol3:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much!
Actually I meant to say "sleep". I have no idea why it says hurl LOL
I'm so glad I can be my weird crazy cat lady self here! I can literally go on and on talking about my cats non stop! LOL and I remember clearly at a job interview I went to we spent the entire interview talking about our cats
sadly, I had to turn the job down because I couldn't do graveyard shifts.
If only we could claim our cats as children during tax season! I hate how my paycheck looks once they take money out of it :'( lol
I love all cats, even if they're not mine. So in other words I love everyone's cats here in this site, including yours!
That would be great if we could claim them on our taxes. They are our dependents after all. 

I love all cats too and I think everyone here has a soft spot for Anubis. we all adore that little guy. 

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
That would be great if we could claim them on our taxes. They are our dependents after all. :lol3:

I love all cats too and I think everyone here has a soft spot for Anubis. we all adore that little guy. :heart4:
Yes! Like hey I have two cats to feed! LOL
I really appreciate people's compassion towards my baby. The people who were checking up on us while Anubis was sick seemed to be the only ones who understood how I felt. I cried every single day and those around me would not make me feel any better when they would suggest to put him to sleep or their famous "it's just a cat" line. I don't believe in euthanasia if our babies can be saved. I believe that if there is at least some hope that our babies would make it we should keep fighting. I understand financial issues, but if it's financially possible why not keep trying? Some hospitals offer a payment plan so we won't have to pay everything on the spot. I hope my "kids" live a long happy and healthy life and when it's their time to go I want to be by their side and comfort them until they cross.

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a love hate relationship with these two lol There are times where she tolerates him but the thing is that Anubis plays a little too rough and that's what she doesn't like. Anubis is wild 24/7, sometimes when she's asleep he pounces on her, bops her on the head, or attacks her tail and she gets mad lol

But when Anubis is calm, they sniff each other and sometimes she even grooms him
she has that "I'm not impressed" look. She is very pretty.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lallorona,
Ditto to the " cat chat" lol. I do it too. Have been known to talk to doctors and others on the same subject. Actually on this website I'm guessing it would be the majority who do. In that case my cat lady friend, you are in very good company...[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji]
Oh yes, plus I have a fair amount of cat jewelry, so there's always a conversation piece to catch someone's eye. Normally they only mention the piece if they are already cat people, lol ..... Works every time!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Is throwback Saturday a thing? Lol

I would like to share with you the very first photo taken with my two cat-kids together. Let just say at first princess did not like him at all. She hissed even when he was far away, and she especially hissed when he would run around and play even when he payed no attention to her. Introduction was slow and supervised. Never let either of them get too close. I gave her lots of cuddles and attention. it was a slow process, until she started tolerating him. I can not say they're the best of friends. She's a very calm cat, whilst Anubis gets possessed all the time :lol3: If Anubis is calm, minding his own business, not going wild she does not mind. But if Anubis bops her head, pounces on her, chases her, or even runs passed her she gets irritated and starts growling at him. He is rough when he plays. So i dont blame her for getting mad lol But sometimes when Anubis is asleep or simply laying on my bed, princess smells him and grooms him. Sometimes they sleep next to each other but Anubis has his favorite "spot" on my bed where he sleeps all the time. I don't think Anubis likes sleeping with anyone. He seems more of the type that would rather sleep alone because whenever princess jumps on my bed to lay he gets up a few minutes later and goes to his "spot." Same thing when I try to get him to cuddle with me. He'll stay for a few minutes and then leave lol

Here they are. First brother and sister photo. Her eyes came out funny because of the lighting lol Anubis was slimmer and smaller, URI-free, and crazy. Now he's almost her size (or a bit bigger than her) and fatter!

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Lallorona,
Ditto to the " cat chat" lol. I do it too. Have been known to talk to doctors and others on the same subject. Actually on this website I'm guessing it would be the majority who do. In that case my cat lady friend, you are in very good company...[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji]
Oh yes, plus I have a fair amount of cat jewelry, so there's always a conversation piece to catch someone's eye. Normally they only mention the piece if they are already cat people, lol ..... Works every time!
I have a Bastet cat pendant that my love bought for me! I'm so in love with it! I also want to build a little mini altar with a Bastet figurine and also have a little Anubis statue! Lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@lallorona   Anubis moving from his spot on your bed when Princess gets on there may well be him giving way to her dominance in your home.   When I had 2 cats the one who was dominant always dictated whether the sister stayed on the bed or not, and if she did it would be at the bottom of the bed and the more dominant one where she wanted to be, closer to my body or head.   It worked in a similar way for all of their cozy places around the apartment.

Anubis and Princess look very sweet together, and he certainly looks like he is going to overtake her in size fairly soon - so no doubt Princess will be making sure he knows his place.  

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
@lallorona
  Anubis moving from his spot on your bed when Princess gets on there may well be him giving way to her dominance in your home.   When I had 2 cats the one who was dominant always dictated whether the sister stayed on the bed or not, and if she did it would be at the bottom of the bed and the more dominant one where she wanted to be, closer to my body or head.   It worked in a similar way for all of their cozy places around the apartment.

Anubis and Princess look very sweet together, and he certainly looks like he is going to overtake her in size fairly soon - so no doubt Princess will be making sure he knows his place.  :nod:
Is that [dominance] a bad thing? I have also noticed that wherever Anubis is, Princess "moves" him. For example, they both love sleeping on a chair we have. When Anubis is sleeping on it princess jumps up the chair and Anubis gets off and sleeps on a chair next to it while princess takes the chair he was in lol

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is that [dominance] a bad thing? I have also noticed that wherever Anubis is, Princess "moves" him. For example, they both love sleeping on a chair we have. When Anubis is sleeping on it princess jumps up the chair and Anubis gets off and sleeps on a chair next to it while princess takes the chair he was in lol
No. It's normal. There is always a pecking order in a multi cat household with one being the alpha. It's very common for a female to be alpha. My Lilith is alpha in our house. She's also the smallest of our 3 cats. She'll "allow" the others on the bed but she has to be closest to me or they will get hissed at, slapped or both.