PLEASE HELP!!!!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hes estimated to be around 6 months old lol
OK, I was just going by when you first posted here... 8.22.2015. That was 4 months ago, but I guess he could have been 2 months old when you found him. I suck at math! LOL

Regardless, he is still a big boy and gonna get bigger! 

Happy New Year to you both! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Omgsh. My baby, he's so big now.
He outgrew his two favorite spots, and he also outgrew his first litter box :'( (which has already been replaced by a bigger one)

Here's my little baby when he was more of a baby. He fit perfectly on the compartment that's part of the header of my bed. So tiny. He could fit anywhere.. (This pic was taken when he was recovering from his URI)

Here's another pic in that same spot but a month or so later. He could barely fit

And now here he is again, Jan 1, 2016, est. around 6 months old going on 7, and no room left for what was once a tiny feline.

He also outgrew the first litter box I bought him. I thought it was going to last him a lifetime. But he got too big for it so I had to replace it with a new litter box, which is the same one i bought for my princess (and no they do not share the same litter box. They both have their own). Same color, same size, except I had to write his name on it. Well, now I have the feeling that I might have to buy him another one! He's bigger than my other cat (who is 4 years old!!), and I think he might outgrow this litter box too!

He also doesn't fit on the window space lol his feet and body now hang, and I woke up to the sound of Anubis clinging on to the edge because he fell off trying to sleep :lol3:

Here he is, staring at me

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
That's a terrific series of photos showing Anubis growing. He is such a big boy now. Have you weighed him recently? The photo of him peeking at you is so cute. I am so very glad you found this wonderful boy! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Not recently, but he's definitely put on some more pounds because he's HEAVIER. Suprisingly he actually stays still for photos!... Well sometimes. lol he can be laying in a certain position and he stays like that until I snap a photo. But for some reason every time he's doing something funny that I must catch on video he stops doing it lol

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMGosh!!  so cute!! 

Looks like he is going to be a long, slender kitty as my guy is.. for some reason, I cannot post a picture.. but Artie is very long...I am 5'8" ~~ Artie can stretch up to my waist.  He is only less than 11 lbs...

Anubis is a cutie.. I just love him  

....especialy when he tries to fit into his hiding spots....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Those 3 pictures really show the progression of Anubis's growth.  Very cool. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Those 3 pictures really show the progression of Anubis's growth.  Very cool. 
    Those photos are a great illustration of how he's grown.  Grown from a tiny little scrap of a kitten to a good, healthy young cat.  How great is it that his early life being starved and without care does not seem to have harmed his development - he looks and sounds adorable and as bright as a button too.   His expression in that latest photo is hilarious, he definitely knows how to communicate!

Size wise Anubis sounds similar to Mouse, who if he wasn't so chubby these days, has a lean body type with long limbs and tail.  He's filled out more than he should the last couple of years but at 6 or 7 months looked similar to Anubis in the pictures with you @lallorona  .  Mouse weighed about 9 lb at that point and stayed that until he was around a year when he put on a couple more pounds.   I thought he was pretty much fully grown when I brought him home at 5 months as had only had female cats before, but when I look back at the pictures of him 6 or 7 months he's tiny compared to what he is now (even if he lost a few pounds and got back to being nice and lean and fit - which I am working on much to his dismay).   I suspect Anubis has more of an Oriental type cat build though, and Mouse has a Foreign type which is a little heavier in build.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's another pic in that same spot but a month or so later. He could barely fit

And now here he is again, Jan 1, 2016, est. around 6 months old going on 7, and no room left for what was once a tiny feline.

He also outgrew the first litter box I bought him. I thought it was going to last him a lifetime. But he got too big for it so I had to replace it with a new litter box, which is the same one i bought for my princess (and no they do not share the same litter box. They both have their own). Same color, same size, except I had to write his name on it. Well, now I have the feeling that I might have to buy him another one! He's bigger than my other cat (who is 4 years old!!), and I think he might outgrow this litter box too!

He also doesn't fit on the window space lol his feet and body now hang, and I woke up to the sound of Anubis clinging on to the edge because he fell off trying to sleep
We can see you Anubis!!!!!  

I just realized I have never seen a blue cat in person, only in photos!  From when he was very young, I was always taken in by how striking Anubis is.  I wondered what breed of cat he was, then learned on this site he is a blue cat.  

It looks like Anubis has claimed this as his favorite spot and will not give it up!!  Good for Anubis!! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

We can see you Anubis!!!!!  

I just realized I have never seen a blue cat in person, only in photos!  From when he was very young, I was always taken in by how striking Anubis is.  I wondered what breed of cat he was, then learned on this site he is a blue cat.  

It looks like Anubis has claimed this as his favorite spot and will not give it up!!  Good for Anubis!! 
I had only seen one all blue (gray) cat and one or two blue and white ones 'in the fur' before I went to see Mouse believe it or not.  Now I have seen loads of them!  Mostly Mouse's close relatives at his breeders and at cat shows. 
    I love  blue / gray cats and how they can shine in sunlight and then in dim light and darkness just disappear in to the shadows. 
   It's like they are the perfect city hunter.    Blue is really just the cat world's way of describing gray fur.   When I first saw pictures of little Anubis I wasn't quite sure if he was blue or brown in colour as it seemed to vary in the photographs, but it quickly became clear that  he was a truly gorgeous blue cat as we saw more of him.  

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just read most of this at one gobble!
You truly have the heart and soul of an angel, and I'm sure Anubis thinks so! I wanted to help you but soon realized how far back this was. I can't even begin to convey how impressed I am with everything you did and how determined you were to save this little boy. And just look at him now!! Wow- VBB, ( Very Big Boy). I think you may have found your calling.
Having been through this myself several times, it hit me hard enough to make me cry even knowing this was already resolved, so I skipped to the end. I am so happy that this turned out as it has for you and Anubis ( so appropriate a name too).
I guess all I can do now is wish you both a very Happy New Year! And all the best for this and every year to come. You deserve it!!
ConiKat

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Just read most of this at one gobble!
You truly have the heart and soul of an angel, and I'm sure Anubis thinks so! I wanted to help you but soon realized how far back this was. I can't even begin to convey how impressed I am with everything you did and how determined you were to save this little boy. And just look at him now!! Wow- VBB, ( Very Big Boy). I think you may have found your calling.
Having been through this myself several times, it hit me hard enough to make me cry even knowing this was already resolved, so I skipped to the end. I am so happy that this turned out as it has for you and Anubis ( so appropriate a name too).
I guess all I can do now is wish you both a very Happy New Year! And all the best for this and every year to come. You deserve it!!
ConiKat
A truly big boy indeed! Thank you! What can I say? I LOVE Egyptology!!! If he were female I would've given the name "Bastet", the Egyptian cat goddess!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I had only seen one all blue (gray) cat and one or two blue and white ones 'in the fur' before I went to see Mouse believe it or not.  Now I have seen loads of them!  Mostly Mouse's close relatives at his breeders and at cat shows. :lol3:     I love  blue / gray cats and how they can shine in sunlight and then in dim light and darkness just disappear in to the shadows. :lol3:    It's like they are the perfect city hunter.    Blue is really just the cat world's way of describing gray fur.   When I first saw pictures of little Anubis I wasn't quite sure if he was blue or brown in colour as it seemed to vary in the photographs, but it quickly became clear that  he was a truly gorgeous blue cat as we saw more of him.  :heart3:       
Depending on the lighting of the room Anubis comes out brown in some pictures!
Like in this photo, we can easily mistake him for a brown kitty
And here he is all blue!

Brown or blue he always blends right in with the carpet :lol3:

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
And here he is all blue!

Brown or blue he always blends right in with the carpet
   Yep, the true art of a blue cat - blending with the shadows.  
   Occasionally Mouse has a slight brown tinge to his fur when on something brown; I think it's the translucent ends to his fur which pick up what ever colour he is surrounded by.  Not good when you're trying to avoid standing on him....

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only just stumbled on this thread, but once I started reading I couldn't stop! What an incredible transformation, Anubis is so lucky to have you!