Please help with big decision

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Kwik! I only got 3 shots of her and this was the better focused one right at her nose :), and yes, I think she is so beautiful too. She has that round kitten like face still!

Today is full litter day and another box will be put in kitchen where there was one with the other Cats in the past. She is also starting to get finicky with her food so another trip to the store to try some new things. She seems to be getting away from some of the "pate" flavors and really likes the "shredded" style foods. This brings back memories of my Cats from years ago haha!
Lol- mine will have no part in pate---- they too love the meats especially in gravies The kittens do great with pates & I think it's probably our fault they get picky as we introduce more options---- we create finicky felines,don't we?

Dinah is already a princess ,huh Greg'? DADDYS GIRL:catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol- mine will have no part in pate---- they too love the meats especially in gravies The kittens do great with pates & I think it's probably our fault they get picky as we introduce more options---- we create finicky felines,don't we?

Dinah is already a princess ,huh Greg'? DADDYS GIRL:catrub:
Yes she is my girl! Mine mine mine 😄

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are now at full litter in her box and another box set up in the kitchen. I used Dr. Elsey's Ultra litter attractant in both as precaution and she is using the one in her room with no issues so far.

I snuck this photo in today but she did not like me being this close with that big lens near her so I will be extra careful next time. She is really comfortable in this Cat-cave. She really loves it and it was a great purchase for her at this point! I am starting to notice all of the patterns and colors on this baby girl. For months I was just seeing her from above and in low light. Amazing what a good camera and lens can reveal!!

DinahCave3sm.jpg

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think phontos look best without filters. It looks like you maybe had a filter on when you took that. Its also cool what you can do in apriture priority mode. The bokeh effect is one of my favourite ways to shoot details
Nope, I do not use filters except when I am doing astrophotography. This was taken with a Canon 5DMIII full frame camera in manual mode ( 1/60 sec with a Tamron lens at f2.8 so a little soft.) But she is a "soft" kitty LOL. I added a frame and border but that is all. I will use some "effects" with some other photography in post processing. That is where the really cool stuff can happen!

You can check out my site here...Totally Graphic Photography

Thanks...GregT.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous photos. I really like the hummer on the front page. They are dificult to shoot! My teacher told me a quote a long time ago "the single most important part of a camera is the 6 feet behind it." In otherwords the photographer can make or break a good shot digital programs help but are no substitute for a good photographer.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I snuck this photo in today but she did not like me being this close with that big lens near her so I will be extra careful next time. She is really comfortable in this Cat-cave. She really loves it and it was a great purchase for her at this point! I am starting to notice all of the patterns and colors on this baby girl. For months I was just seeing her from above and in low light. Amazing what a good camera and lens can reveal!!
She's lovely! :heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape:

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that I have some "good" images of Dinah, a friend or two said that they think she may have been in a TNR program because the right ear appears that it may have been "clipped".

I wondered about this when I first noticed her right ear but dismissed it as perhaps it was from a fight or chewing with other kittens / Cats? So what do you folks think?

I may never know unless the day we get to a Vet, she may even be microchipped. I do not think so but, here are a few more pics for you to look at anyway! Thanks for looking!

Greg

Dinah4a.jpg

Dinah3a.jpg

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep- just saved a bundle👍Typically females are right ear,males left

Such a beauty face😻
Wow...TY Kwik! I searched quite a bit about this clipping thing and this is the first I heard about the male / female ear sides! You certainly know your stuff!! My Pepper girl had a "notched" right ear and a vet tech told me way back then about this procedure.

If that is true with Dinah then you are right. Big money saver LOL. I was also wondering if she is not spayed, if / when she may go into "heat". I read females as young as 4 months!
Years ago, our house took in a friends Cat that we had to care for while they were away, and we had no idea the Cat was going into heat. I remember that it was a very noisy house and had a few choice words for these friends when they returned home!

Anyway thank you again and, yes, Dinah has that beautiful, round, kitten like face that I just love looking at :loveeyes:

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You and Dinah are making great progress and I love the photos of this pretty little girl! In my neck of the woods, ear tipping for both males and females is the left ear. I was curious to read Kwik's post about tipping different ears for males and females so I went to the website of Alley Cat Allies for more information on this topic. Apparently different TNR programs might use different methods to identify a cat that has been neutered although the eartip is the best. It does look like Dinah's left ear was clipped.

Why the Eartip on Outdoor Cats?

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You and Dinah are making great progress and I love the photos of this pretty little girl! In my neck of the woods, ear tipping for both males and females is the left ear. I was curious to read Kwik's post about tipping different ears for males and females so I went to the website of Alley Cat Allies for more information on this topic. Apparently different TNR programs might use different methods to identify a cat that has been neutered although the eartip is the best. It does look like Dinah's left ear was clipped.

Thank you Avery! Very interesting reading too, I appreciate the link and for chiming in :)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Cropping the ear that far down is definatly unusual. It hapens more often if the surgeon is inexperienced but she also could have had an injury or frostbite at one point.
Yep,it is quite a bit but I've seen it before- Usually the bigger organization Vets seem to take more care in notching,I agree about the experience and unfortunately I've seen many Vets who allow their assistants to clip- crazy huh?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats correct- it's a universal recognition system to show a feral has been spayed or nuetered at a glance- its supposed to be 1cm and seems many orgs do the left ear which does not indicate gender but FCSNP sticks to the gender,nueter,Vax recognition protocol which is right ear for female - from my understanding & dismay some TNR groups do not even vaccinate ...sad but true

In South Florida it's largely FCSNP

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It almost looks like her right ear is larger / wider than the other ear? I noticed this some time ago. But that may just appear that way because of the lighter fur compared to the other ear. The clipped ear does not look like it was a very "clean" precision curved cut.
It looks more like it was chewed on or like Indy said maybe frostbite or a fight.

Here are a couple pics showing different angles a few months back....

Earclip1.jpg

Earclip2.jpg

I can't be sure. It depends on the angle. I think this is "chewage" LOL. Or as said, maybe a bad clip job? Hopefully we will find out some day soon! Thanks for the feedback!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks clipped to me Greg but certainly more than 1cm.

Are Dinahs eyes 2different colors( bottom photo)?.. I love that btw,it has an air of mystique

I don't know anything about cameras but man oh man are those photos sharp and the color is intense