pictures of Cats enjoying their cat trees

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misfit is a GREAT name for a cat/kitten! I'd love to know how she got her name.
Long story.

I'll try for the Reader's Digest condensed version: Misfit was born into the neighborhood feral colony, but was a loner and preferred my backyard to the apartments where the rest of "her crew" lived.

She started as "Kit Kit" before trapping her. After a long stay at the shelter nursing kittens and getting TNR'd, she returned to the yard and I became enamored with her sleek, muscular physique. "Kit Kit" became "Miss Fit".

She has come a long way in her socialization over one year's time, but is still quite a loner and a "Misfit".

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long story.

I'll try for the Reader's Digest condensed version: Misfit was born into the neighborhood feral colony, but was a loner and preferred my backyard to the apartments where the rest of "her crew" lived.

She started as "Kit Kit" before trapping her. After a long stay at the shelter nursing kittens and getting TNR'd, she returned to the yard and I became enamored with her sleek, muscular physique and "Kit Kit" became "Miss Fit".

She has come a long way in her socialization over one year's time, but is still quite a loner and a "Misfit".
orange&white orange&white - Too late; tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - is probably already on page nine of your original thread.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
orange&white orange&white TYSM. I can't read all the posts but I get the gist. I lived in a very similar neighborhood and there were many "community cats" that some of us fed but no one fixed -- until we started to do so, and over the years we were there, we got every one of them fixed, that I know of, except for a stubborn little male who slipped the trap. We moved after that. I pray he is all right. Anyway, everyone we could persuade to stay with us did so, on our gated property; we built cat houses and had enough money to get everyone TNRd and basic innoculations, vet visits when needed, and fairly good food and fresh water daily. When we moved, my ex would stop by and feed everyone that he could, trap and carrier everyone he saw, and bring them up to our compound. We ended up only returning one little girl who was completely feral back down there, because she would have probably done herself great harm trying to escape the compound, and after talking to several feral experts on the matter, they recommended this and we did it. There were still at least a couple of household down there feeding, and she was spayed and basic innoculated, at least. I knew several rescuers/TNRers/adopters at that time, and was able to work with a couple of them with some of the really young kittens who were old enough to be adopted. It took us several years until we earned the trust of the matriarch enough to get her fixed. One day at a time, with patience and love, we were able to do this, and neighbors said they did not see any cats after we left.

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I could look at this thread all day! ❤

I’d like to preface this by saying I got two of my four cat trees for free...

Spada and Luca gazing into each other’s eyes in Free Cat Tree #1.

Illia being the only cat who uses the covered part of Purchased Cat Tree #1.

Rough play on my apartment’s prime real estate, the top of Free Cat Tree #2.

Tree hugger Illia

Evil scratches!

First day home adventures on Purchased Cat Tree #2.

Bonus picture of Luca and his favorite tree.