tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When firstly faced with the cat tree Sombra didn't seem at all impressed. I had to place ping-
P6190708.JPG
pong balls on the different levels for her to climb the tree but then she would quit it with the ball in her mouth to play elsewhere. But little by little she started to "discover" its charm and now she gives it all kind of uses. She even starts her nights sleeping on it before she jumps from it into my bed to join me at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When firstly faced with the cat tree Sombra didn't seem at all impressed. I had to place ping-View attachment 238668 pong balls on the different levels for her to climb the tree but then she would quit it with the ball in her mouth to play elsewhere. But little by little she started to "discover" its charm and now she gives it all kind of uses. She even starts her nights sleeping on it before she jumps from it into my bed to join me at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning.
Our angel Rani would climb all the way up to the top of the cat pipe, which is in the master bedroom, and launch herself from there onto the bed. She made quite an impact!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our angel Rani would climb all the way up to the top of the cat pipe, which is in the master bedroom, and launch herself from there onto the bed. She made quite an impact!
That is exactly what Sombra does tarasgirl. It worries me some times fearing she could miss her target and hurt herself. The level from which she jumps is almost 2 meters high. Now that I hear that your cat used to do the same thing it eases my mind.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra also finds the cat tree a suitable place to enjoy the sunlight and try to catch the sun rays.View attachment 238672
Awww, that cute little face and that little paw "waving hello"! So cute! :loveeyes:
Yes, our cat pipe is about 7' tall and it is a few feet away from the bed, but Rani never missed her "target". She would do this every night to "remind" me that it was time to give her her treats. She would start this well in advance of bedtime, when I put the treats out. If I didn't respond fast enough, she would sometimes repeat the process. :angrycat:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you tarasgirl. i'm fortunate to have lovely extensive views on both sides of the apartment. It helps not to feel locked up when your outtings are restricted for health reasons.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you tarasgirl. i'm fortunate to have lovely extensive views on both sides of the apartment. It helps not to feel locked up when your outtings are restricted for health reasons.
So true. And it is so beautiful where you are! I miss our hectare of beautiful desert land right up against the mountains, where we had mountain views in the kitchen, desert views everywhere else. But it's okay here, too, thanks to my gardeners, and I am grateful.