Pet Food Recall

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Nutro has not updated their site.

When there is a recall...site updates should be done immediately, even if people have to work overtime.
Well since the stores just got the recall FOR TOMARROW I am guessing I will cut companies a bit of slack ....

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Ugh! Mars is "acquiring" Nutro. I don't see this as a positive move for the company (nutro).
This is definatly not good news.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

This is definatly not good news.
I will be asking lots of ??? s about this ... hopefully it will be like the last one and Nutro will be running itself

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ugh! Mars is "acquiring" Nutro. I don't see this as a positive move for the company (nutro).

http://www.nutroproducts.com/press5-1-07mars.asp
Dear Pat and Alix:

UNBELIEVABLE! What is happening with these people? Nutro's plant is located just a few miles from where I used to live, and we are longtime Nutro feeders/believers/fans. I remember back to when Eukanuba was a great food, too, and I used to feed it until it was acquired by Procter & Gamble (YUK!!!). In the midst of all this tragedy and uncertainty, what's a girl with nine mouths to feed to do???

Ever your fans,
Tarasgirl and the Mojave Meower Power Brigade, a/k/a Jamaka P. and crew

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

Dear Pat and Alix:

UNBELIEVABLE! What is happening with these people? Nutro's plant is located just a few miles from where I used to live, and we are longtime Nutro feeders/believers/fans. I remember back to when Eukanuba was a great food, too, and I used to feed it until it was acquired by Procter & Gamble (YUK!!!). In the midst of all this tragedy and uncertainty, what's a girl with nine mouths to feed to do???

Ever your fans,
This should ease concerns about Mars and Nutro...

Nutros founder stayed on thru the Baine purchase of Nutro and IS STILL and will ramain Nutros president..

I know other info I cannot share but I am sure this will not change Nutros quality

HYJACK over back to recall news

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O Sharky:

That is (qualifiably) good news. We've long trusted, liked, and fed Nutro, and until all the facts are known, we still (qualifiably) like the food. We buy by the multiple cases and bags at a time, and are getting low and wondering -- what on earth do we do next time we have to make a cat food run? What do we buy? I know many of the "supermarket brands" are not on the recall list, but I really don't want to have to downgrade my babies' food; nor do I feel it's feasible to do cooking at home for nine, what with moving and all the other stuff I have to deal with right now and for the forseeable future. Thus far we have been fortunate indeed; I'm praying and hoping it will continue to be so!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetseamus

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere already. Here's the link to the statement on the Castor & Pollux website:

http://www.castorpolluxpet.com/your_...recall_updates
Dear Sweetseamus:

Thanks so much. I hadn't seen it before; better to duplicate, though, than not to post at all, and I think everyone who loves their cat(s) would agree!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

It's in our food now too

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/05/05....ap/index.html

Thank god I don't eat meat, I hope they find that nobody has gotten sick from this.

Also good info if anybody is feeding raw chicken, though I didn't think people did (?)
I do feed raw chn.. today I am buying organic( usually buy natural but)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Pat and Alix:

Ever your fans,
I see that Sharky answered you, and I am hopeful. I want to be able to continue to use Nutro too! Skritches to the Mojave crew!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I see that Sharky answered you, and I am hopeful. I want to be able to continue to use Nutro too! Skritches to the Mojave crew!
Dear Pat and Alix and Everyone:

Thanks and purrs from The Nine, who enjoy their Plain Brown Tabby Toys n' Treats 24/7-365! and from their faithful servant, who relies on Catpaper and enjoys the toys

That is a gorgeous siggy. Is she part of your family?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Pat and Alix and Everyone:

Thanks and purrs from The Nine, who enjoy their Plain Brown Tabby Toys n' Treats 24/7-365! and from their faithful servant, who relies on Catpaper and enjoys the toys

That is a gorgeous siggy. Is she part of your family?
She is...Frankie is a rescue from over a year ago, who unfortunately has early crf (and she is so young), but good news is her most recent tests show normal kidney function for the first time. I am hopeful that she will have a long life with us, she is quite the pillbug.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She is...Frankie is a rescue from over a year ago, who unfortunately has early crf (and she is so young), but good news is her most recent tests show normal kidney function for the first time. I am hopeful that she will have a long life with us, she is quite the pillbug.
She's absolutely adorable with the little spots on her nose. Nicolas T. Cat, our Elder Statesman at 17 years young, is a big yellow tabby and he has 'em, too. How old is little Frankie Jean? Sure hope her levels stay low and that she lives a long, happy, healthy, loved life -- I know she's very glad she's a member of the Plain Brown Tabby crew!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She's absolutely adorable with the little spots on her nose. Nicolas T. Cat, our Elder Statesman at 17 years young, is a big yellow tabby and he has 'em, too. How old is little Frankie Jean? Sure hope her levels stay low and that she lives a long, happy, healthy, loved life -- I know she's very glad she's a member of the Plain Brown Tabby crew!
Our vet thought she was 1 to 2 when we took her in (skin and bones, back legs unable to support her if she tried to pivot and turn) and we've had her a year +, so she's 2 to 3. I just call her 3
She came into our lives a few months before we lost Patrick, and he helped her get over being afraid of all other cats. He just would stare at her when she'd scream and back up and away from him, as if to say "oh please, I could care less...I'm ready for a nap".

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Our vet thought she was 1 to 2 when we took her in (skin and bones, back legs unable to support her if she tried to pivot and turn) and we've had her a year +, so she's 2 to 3. I just call her 3
She came into our lives a few months before we lost Patrick, and he helped her get over being afraid of all other cats. He just would stare at her when she'd scream and back up and away from him, as if to say "oh please, I could care less...I'm ready for a nap".
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. SO GLAD she found YOU. And that happens so often in our family, too; when someone is about ready to go over the Bridge, or just after, someone else comes into our lives who needs us, and it goes without saying that we need THEM!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise