jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The FDA lists milled rice products as one of the products being detained. Stupid question, but would that include "brown rice flour"?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crt

The FDA lists milled rice products as one of the products being detained. Stupid question, but would that include "brown rice flour"?
If they were getting a whole grain product .. then yes brown rice would be on there .... I suspect that China is not shippping alot of whole grains or whole flours...

I am only putting what is NOT MENU or AMERICAN I made ... Also I am not putting brands that have relations to them recalled or not for ease of use...

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just received an email from the PetPlace.com Newsletter with an updated recall list. I am very upset, because Petco just sold me Natural Balance yesterday. Also here is the link. I have mentioned this before, but this is a great daily newsletter for/about cats and cat owners.

There is a very long list of dog food and dog treat recalls on this link as well.

updatehttp://www.petplace.com/dogs/pet-food-recall-food-causing-death-update-from-dr-jon/page1.aspx[/url]

Updated: May 1, 2007.

Here is another update to the pet food recall. I've been spending a lot of time sorting through the information so I can share with you a summary of the facts. I also want to give you a list of newly recalled foods and a link to the full list.

As you may know, several more brands have been recalled. These brands include:

NEWLY RECALLED CAT FOODS
DOCTORS FOSTER & SMITH CHICKEN & BROWN RICE FORMULA ADULT LITE CAT FOOD, NET WT. 3 LBS. and 7 LBS.; Code date: Best Used By March 13, 09

Natural Balance Pet Foods a 3oz and 6 oz Ocean Fish Canned Cat Formulas

Blue Buffalo Spa Select Hairball Control Oven Roasted Chicken 3oz Cans AUG 21 09 APR 15 10

Blue Buffalo Spa Select Kitten Recipe Oven Roasted Chicken 3oz Cans AUG 21 09 APR 15 10

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5oz Cans 15 AUG 08 15 APR 09

Harmony Farms Country Chicken EntrÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e 3oz Cans AUG 21 09 APR 15 10

Natural Balance Ocean Fish Formula 3oz and 6 oz Cans AUG 21 09 APR 15 10

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans

LICK YOUR CHOPS LAMB MEAL, RICE & EGG CAT FOOD, 4 LBS. packages,
Code date: Best Used By April 29, 08

All Cans of "Harmony Farms" cat food

All Cans of "Blue Spa Select" cat food

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which NB did Petco sell you? The only NB canned cat food that's been recalled is the Oceanfish flavor...unless there's something I missed. My Petcos still have the other flavors available.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Which NB did Petco sell you? The only NB canned cat food that's been recalled is the Oceanfish flavor...unless there's something I missed. My Petcos still have the other flavors available.
I think it was venison - I just got two cans, because, honestly, the girls finally decided that they would eat the new Wellness grain free - I just couldn't get to Pet Quarters till tomorrow to re-stock my Wellness wet and dry. I am trying to get a brand that the girls and my little Raggie boy can eat (when he arrives!)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I think it was venison - I just got two cans, because, honestly, the girls finally decided that they would eat the new Wellness grain free - I just couldn't get to Pet Quarters till tomorrow to re-stock my Wellness wet and dry. I am trying to get a brand that the girls and my little Raggie boy can eat (when he arrives!)
NB venison wet is "fine" the dry was the one recalled...

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, with the chicken for human consumption contaminated.. is there any point in even trying to keep track now? I cant' believe this! :bawl:

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

At this point, with the chicken for human consumption contaminated.. is there any point in even trying to keep track now? I cant' believe this! :bawl:
yes still a pt but I know your pain... i knew it wouldnt be long to hit our food chain... I am sticking to grass feed meats for now

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone posted this article yet? I did a search in this thread for cyuranic acid and found nothing. About mid-way through the article it says that they "think" they have identified why our pets are all of a sudden becoming ill and dying although the melamine has been in pet food for years. When melamine is combined with cyuranic acid, it forms crystals. See link below.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...irs&id=5262921

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crt

Has anyone posted this article yet? I did a search in this thread for cyuranic acid and found nothing. About mid-way through the article it says that they "think" they have identified why our pets are all of a sudden becoming ill and dying although the melamine has been in pet food for years. When melamine is combined with cyuranic acid, it forms crystals. See link below.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...irs&id=5262921
I am now a bit confused... as the first article s stated the acids were BY PRODUCTS of melemine ...not seprarate issues...

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

yes still a pt but I know your pain... i knew it wouldnt be long to hit our food chain... I am sticking to grass feed meats for now
I know it, and I guess I'm going to have to do that and cut it some with other meats... but they're mainly eating chicken so .. I'm going to have to bite the bullet for free range or organic and pay $4 a pound or more per day until this blows over.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

I know it, and I guess I'm going to have to do that and cut it some with other meats... but they're mainly eating chicken so .. I'm going to have to bite the bullet for free range or organic and pay $4 a pound or more per day until this blows over.
PM me ... are you adverse to premade>>>

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nutro has not updated their site.

When there is a recall...site updates should be done immediately, even if people have to work overtime.