Panther has a broken femer!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Poor baby, the skin looks tender. :sickcat: Is your appointment tomorrow with the owner who did the surgery or the nice female vet?

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He also just said that staples are preferred for an incision that large, that they hold better, & less chance of tearing.
I don't like staples because you just saw one was somehow pulled out. He could have swallowed it. Maybe they are good on dogs, but not animals that spend one third of their waking hours grooming. JMHO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby, the skin looks tender. :sickcat: Is your appointment tomorrow with the owner who did the surgery or the nice female vet?
I know. 😕. All the Dr.s there are female. 😊
it's w/ the owner who did the surgery. He was scheduled next Saturday for his annual, so I am going to ask if it needs to be pushed bk, or is he ok to get all his shots right now, being on the gabapentin, etc... I don't want him to feel any worse. Plus, if rather not stress him out going there more than we need to, so if we can get it out of the way, that would be good, but we're still probably going to have to go bk to check what they fix tomorrow, so it could also be good timing.🤷

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling of exhaustion. You are doing such an amazing job with everything! I remember being tired with my daughter over long recoveries and learning to sleep instantly and anywhere. I hope you get some good rest. That opening isn’t large. That’s a plus, plus. Maybe it will be a simpler fix. I am loving your client! That is so great! I hope they spread the word far and wide.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know. All the Dr.s there are female.
it's ith/ the owner who did the surgery. He was scheduled next Saturday for his annual, so I am going to ask if it needs to be pushed back, or is he OK to get all his shots right now, being on the gabapentin, etc. I don't want him to feel any worse. Plus, if rather not stress him out going there more than we need to, so if we can get it out of the way, that would be good, but we're still probably going to have to go back to check what they fix tomorrow, so it could also be good timing.
If vaccinating him is safe now, the vet can do it tomorrow instead of make you take him back two days later. I assume it is safe because no medications Panther is taking now are immunological. However, unless he needs more surgery (which is unlikely) the FVRCP vaccine is optional. It does not need to be given every year because the effects last longer than previously thought.

I know more women than men are cat lovers, but it seems weird to have an all-female veterinary hospital. How many veterinarians work there?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I know more women than men are cat lovers, but it seems weird to have an all-female veterinary hospital. How many veterinarians work there?
It may depend where you live or it may not but I go to a feline specialty hospital and all the vets are women, there was one man but he retired. The other animal hospital that we looked into is all female, they have 5 vets.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If vaccinating him is safe now, the vet can do it tomorrow instead of make you take him back two days later. I assume it is safe because no medications Panther is taking now are immunological. However, unless he needs more surgery (which is unlikely) the FVRCP vaccine is optional. It does not need to be given every year because the effects last longer than previously thought.

Three, I think. The owner, my vet, & one other. His annual wasn't this WKnd, but nxt.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished getting the spare rm ready, in case he can graduate to there. Wanted to put my massage table flat for me to lay on when in there w/ him, but it won't lay flat. When the legs fold in, so does the table.
so, will just stack the yoga mats, foam mattress topper & blankets again. I saved the huge box the steps came in, made a little cozy spot to put his bed in, & another outside of it, plus the mat wth blankets will be in there, so he'll have plenty of places to chose from. I also just marked the box for my dad to cut for the litter box.
Almost 10, so think I'm signing off for the night. Hope you all have a good night. 😊
IMG_20211006_213712837.jpg
IMG_20211006_215356751.jpg
IMG_20211006_215411938_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211006_215426113~2.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not feeling great this morning. Think * maybe* a tiny bit of vertigo???. Did a few of the exercises for that, that I had in a YouTube file from a Dr. Did them last night.
Also, just that really tired feeling. Didn't sleep much last night. Maybe 3 hrs?
Monday, thought I was on last day of my pd, ( hadn't been much 2nd half of WK) but then Tues, I started full on again. Heavy last night, so that was part of it. Perimenapause Sucks!!! So just all around not great today.
Cleaning at my parents today, so will just go slow, but have our appt at 4:40 this afternoon too. Finally got an email from the vet, saying they were probably getting itchy in healing, so to bring him by & they'd take them out. Told her we had an appt.
So I could use a lot of prayers today, fir anyone's who prays. 🙏❤ I just want him to Also get cleared for the other rm, so we can both be more comfortable.
Wish I could just stay in bed today, but think that'd make it worse.
I think I've taken all I can at this point, between myself & being a nurse. I just want to feel better, so I can do what I need to do!
😑

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So I could use a lot of prayers today, fir anyone's who prays. 🙏❤ I just want him to Also get cleared for the other rm, so we can both be more comfortable. I think I've taken all I can at this point, between myself & being a nurse. I just want to feel better, so I can do what I need to do!
Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry it's starting to take it's toll on you. Yes, I will say a prayer today and I know others will too. :hugs: I hope once the vet removes Panther's stitches and he can go in the second bedroom it will help both of you. You've gotten this far and you've accomplished so much. We may not live close to help you but we're all here to listen and support you. :grouphug:

P.S. Yes, I know perimenopause sucks! I started getting vertigo too and saw a physical therapist which helped immensely. I'll say two prayers today, one for you and one for Panther. 🙏

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Neely, you can pray for both at the same time. God does not care.

Kelly, going back to bed will make yourself better if you have time after lunch.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the prayers. Definitely still need them. Got hm, sat with Panther, but only for about 20 mins, did his warm compress. Had to get in the tub to get ready for the appt.
doing tht now. No time for a nap, unfortunately! But, if not to late getting hm, I definitely am going to try!.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went back to read the report that Panther's leg had to be amputated. Honey will be okay when you have more time to time to play with her. Give her an object that still has Panther's smell on it.