Panther has a broken femer!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It must fill your heart with joy, to see Panther play!! I know I was filled with happiness!!!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
The part when he started walking around the toy — well, my heart skipped a few beats!! Loving 🥰 it.

You could try wrapping the pill in a piece of cheese. Go ahead and spoil Panther sone more, I would.

(I need to buy one of those toys for Geoffrey). But I would have to hide it, every night!! I am a light sleeper.

💕💕💕💕💕.
1633732683955.png
1633732683955.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Cindy! Yes, it made me happy to see him playing. 🥰. But...3 xs now, he got behind the book case. I don't know why he wants to be behind, hiding in a tiny corner?
I finally moved the big box in front of it, so he couldn't get back there. He growled a little at me about it. Oh well! He still hasn't gotten in the bed in the box, so I switched the beds. I thought he'd go there for coziness. Maybe I'll try it the other way, on it's bottom, instead of side, & cut a side out for entry. 🤷. Kitties!.......
Since the shrimp & salmon didn't get eaten this morning, tried the turkey, ate a little, but not much. Maybe a 1/4 of a lrg can. So before I ate, I took him in a 3oz can of beef pate', & he was eating it, so I'll see if he ate it all when I go bk in. So that was good.

I think I'm going to try & inflate the queen mattress in there that I borrowed from my parents. Hopefully it won't be to high. ( Or big) It will be more comfortable for me!
I'm going to give him his reg. 11:00 gabapentin dose. Then tomorrow try to go bk to 9:00 & 9:00. 🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You’ve done such a great job! I had already thought of some ideas for Panther and possibly Honey too. The cats here have taught me so much about feral socializing. From young kittens to old Tom cats, they all came inside and the tough old Tom came in to explore a room after following me home. He turned out to be the biggest lover of all. He even did a search and rescue of a missing cat his first experiences on a harness. Cats are amazingly adaptable given the right amount of patience and a process that makes sense to them. I figured I would wait to suggest anything until after you got Panther through this and got some , much deserved ,rest. If you reach a point where you have any questions, you know you have lots of people here to help. Bravo! Looking great Panther! :heartshape::clap2:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , Thank you so much.
Yes, I am SOOO tired!! I got the air mattress in borrowed from my parents put up, & he got up on it like a champ! We watched some Netflix. 😊 At least it's more comfortable in here for me now.
Giving him his gabapentin in a few mins. 🤞🤞🙏🙏 He sleeps at least until 7, & doesn't wake me up early again.
I really NEED to try & rest this wknd, but of course have to do some laundry, maybe a quick mopping. That's it! I have to rest. I've been constantly going for 2 wks.

IMG_20211008_212601440.jpg
IMG_20211008_222547050.jpg
IMG_20211008_222443056_HDR.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like he's moving around pretty good in that video!

Lol at finding more places to babyproof. That's how I feel with my kid. Whenever I think it's mostly safe she finds something else.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like he's moving around pretty good in that video!

Lol at finding more places to babyproof. That's how I feel with my kid. Whenever I think it's mostly safe she finds something else.
Lol! Exactly!!! Finally crawled into bed!
🤞🙏 Panther lets me sleep!!
I Hope you all have a good night too. 😊

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Cats have an natural born instinct to find any and all places to hide!

He looks so comfortable and really so much better in these recents pictures!

Yes, you do need a week-end to rest. To regain your energy.. Even if it is just lying down with Panther.. Things will get done. You are more important than dust...

Please try to take this weekend to 'fend for yourself".... Just hang out and enjoy Panther.

Panther seems to be getting around pretty good.. He still needs to learn how to adjust to being tripod.. With time, it will happen..
Being in a larger room, will help him adjust to walking around. He is just bored, right now.

((hugs)))

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Cindy, Yeah, he woke me up at 5:15!
😑. So came in to lay down with him. He was fine for a few, but then decided it was playtime! ....so I had to take up the new toy, & just gave him the kick -a-roo. Finally dozed off & then he decided he was going to jump the barrier container lids I had standing in front of the hope chest. 🤨 So, since he's not interested in laying in the box, I'm going to get rid of it today, & since he's so bent on getting bk in that corner, I'll take the books out of there for now, & put his bed there.
He'll have more room to play then too. Hopefully then he won't try anything else. That's why I'm keeping the curtains closed, so he's not tempted by a window. (Especially since that's the front window!)

I finally thought to put on a cat video for him on YouTube. Started w/ the fishies swimming bk & forth. He liked that, & it bought me a little dozing time.
Got him to eat almost all of a 3oz chkn & liver. Managed to give him the Dasaqiin cap in a pill pkt, & he ate it! :clap:Time for his gabapentin now. I've got another video going for him. It's a good one. 3 tree stumps w/ bird food & nuts on them, blue Jays, squirrels, crows all coming. 😊

Yes, going to try to rest today. I really need to nap as much as possible. Have to do laundry for wrk clothes though.
I had to put the sheet that was on the air mattress & his new blanket bk in the wash, because when I came in this morning, he had used the litter box, & got a little poop swiped on them getting up here, so that's what I had to deal with at 5:15 this morning!

spoiled rotten!
IMG_20211009_091317342_HDR.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Kelly if the pill pockets stop working for the Dasuquin, I have to mix Abby’s in across a few meals. She tends not to eat it if it’s all mixed into one bowl.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I laid bk down around 10:30 ( after putting the blanket in the dryer, & started a load of laundry), & managed to sleep from about 10:45- 12. Then dozed off & on since, 'till a little after 1:00. Boy did I need that!!
I'm sore from laying in here though. Need to inflate this mattress a little more, but don't want to scare him. Last night he went to the other side of the room, a little scared from the noise.
Think I may try letting him out into the house tomorrow. This way if I have a hard time w/ him being bk in the rm, which I probably will, just makes sense, I can call the vets mom morning, & hopefully get something for him. 🤞 hope he lets me sleep tomorrow night after being put bk in here....😬 I know it's got to happen sometime, but just trying to go in steps, & so that I'm ready & a little more rested to handle it. (& While we still have a gabapentin for night time).
The real test is going to be my bed & the new steps for it. I'll just keep my door shut while I'm up & he's out. Then I'll try showing him the steps & see what happens 🤞🙏
Going to finish laundry, just had a med load of colors/ wrk clothes, & a small load of whites, so it's not to bad.
My neck & traps are calling for the tens unit!!
Need to get on my foam roller, & also do stretching as well!
This boy ....😊

IMG_20211009_133549799_HDR.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I cleared out the bottom of the bookshelf. He hasn't chkd it out yet. Watch... I bet he won't even go in there, now that I went through all the trouble.....kitties...🙄
He seems to be ok for now, so going the skip the 3:00 dose, & just resume the ev 12 hrs. (9 & 9). Going to do his compresses while he's chilled out.
At least w/ the big box out, there's more play room for him.
IMG_20211009_145858515_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211009_145920453_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211009_145955295~2.jpg
IMG_20211009_150133852~2.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was just out of the room for like 2 minutes, putting laundry away, & he started crying....this is not going to be easy! Just gave him some rescue remedy & looked on my Bach flower remedy for pets, to see if there's anything else that would help. There's 3 that may help. Walnut ( for any change), Heather, ( for attention due to loneliness) & maybe Chicory, ( for manipuitivally over loving to keep control 🤨) I know I have Walnut & Heather, so I'll start there.
Haven't even had time for my bath yet, getting such a late start today. Getting hungry, since just had a Bolt house juice smoothie for lunch, while doing all the laundry. Last night I made angel hair pasta w/ one of the Paul Newman sauces w/ peppers & my favorite, the Alfredo brand chicken Italian meatballs. Going to have that for dinner tonight too.
🙏🙏🙏 I can have a peaceful bath at least!
Baby needs to give mommy a break!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the charts if anyone is interested.
When I was a buyer at the co-op, this was one of my accounts, so I had a lot of them.

IMG_20210930_181656333~2.jpg
IMG_20210930_181649211~2.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give up! Constant crying anytime I'm out of the room! I just gave him 1/2 a gabapentin (5:25). Will wait to give him a whole one as late as possible tonight, to hopefully not get woke up at 5 or 6;00!. He's eating turkey & giblets now. "I live you" brand ,think it is..
once it all kicks in, I can hopefully take a bath & eat in peace! 😑

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have read the entire Panther saga. It's remarkable how far he has come. Angel and Sammie definitely brought Panther to you. Imagine what dire straits he would have been in without you. It's been exhausting for you to be Panther's pediatric nurse, but the small victories have been worthwhile. He knows he has a home, and he is grateful.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read the entire Panther saga. It's remarkable how far he has come. Angel and Sammie definitely brought Panther to you. Imagine what dire straits he would have been in without you. It's been exhausting for you to be Panther's pediatric nurse, but the small victories have been worthwhile. He knows he has a home, and he is grateful.
Thanks Miki! You couldn't have phrased it better, " pediatric nurse" that for sure!
Well, he finally chkd out the bookshelf, but Instead of going in his bed, he's laying behind it. .... little booger! 🙄 I give up!
Yep, see, it's already 5;45 & still no bath.
Going to do that now. 🤞🙏 He doesn't cry.
H Hopefully the flower essences & turkey have licked in! I'd also like to eat in peace. I have not had a moment to myself today.

I think tomorrow, I'm going to have to let him venture out, w/ the exception of my room.
It's the only way I'm going to get some peace. Well 🤞🙏 once he looks out the glass doors. He hasn't even seen outside in over 2 wks, except for me opening my bedroom blinds while he was crated, so I could go to work.
Just hope the gabapentin will be enough when it comes bed time & he has to come bk in the room. I was really hoping that this could become part of the new routine, fir him to go to bed in here, so I'd be able to sleep at night, but I don't think he's going to go for that!

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Miki! You couldn't have phrased it better, " pediatric nurse" that for sure!
Well, he finally chkd out the bookshelf, but Instead of going in his bed, he's laying behind it. .... little booger! 🙄 I give up!
Yep, see, it's already 5;45 & still no bath.
Going to do that now. 🤞🙏 He doesn't cry.
H Hopefully the flower essences & turkey have licked in! I'd also like to eat in peace. I have not had a moment to myself today.

I think tomorrow, I'm going to have to let him venture out, w/ the exception of my room.
It's the only way I'm going to get some peace. Well 🤞🙏 once he looks out the glass doors. He hasn't even seen outside in over 2 wks, except for me opening my bedroom blinds while he was crated, so I could go to work.
Just hope the gabapentin will be enough when it comes bed time & he has to come bk in the room. I was really hoping that this could become part of the new routine, fir him to go to bed in here, so I'd be able to sleep at night, but I don't think he's going to go for that!
Here's some humor -- "Bohemian Catsody" -- a parody of the song by Queen. Freddie Mercury was a huge cat lover.