Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Cindy.
Came in the bthrm to let him out of the crate this morning for breakfast, & noticed a little spot of blood on his pad, on the bed in there. Turned him over to look, & saw this.
I'm going to email the vet this morning. Our appt is tomorrow at 4:40. Looks like a few staples will probably have to stay a little longer. Have to see what she says.....
He's laying so sweetly on my. Wish I could stay & snuggle, but have to get ready for work...😕
IMG_20211006_073305873_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211006_074032981.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Eeek !!!! That's a bit scary! Hope your vet gets a chance to look at the pics sooner than later, and gets back to you today. 🤗

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you already have the appointment for tomorrow.

It does look as if one staple pulled out and took a chunk of skin with it. Yikes!

From the pictures, it seems another one is about to pull through on one side.

Thinking Panther may be a bit too active. Sigh.

He may have to be in his cage a bit longer, without unsupervised freedom in the bathroom.

Or it could be these were the staples the Bet wanted to remove.
or Panther got at the area with him mouth—- cleaning it.
If that is the case, he may need a cone for a few days. Yikes!!!

Glad you can send them to the Vet.

((((((((Hugs))))))))))))❤💕

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Panther needs staples to be replaced, not just removed.

It would be nice of cats were able to wear padded bandages like humans do instead of cone collars.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got hm. Haven't heard bk from the vet yet.... I think he probably did it grooming.
He's not really active when he's outside the crate in the bthrm. He just lays on the mat.
It's not really bleeding , but there was still a spot on the clean pad I put in this morning.
He's laying on me now, so I'm sure I'll have one on my T-shirt....thank goodness I have some oxy spray. That stuff works great!
My needy little baby....I need to get some lunch, but of course he wants to lay on me..
He's going to have to just settle while I get lunch & a shower. I also want to make sure the other room is ready, in case he gets to be in there tomorrow.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I guess Panther will have to wear a cone again if he bit the staple out.

This makes me wonder why vets staple wounds on cats. Couldn't the vet use a lot of surgical glue and dissolvable stitches?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'd think, but I don't know. There is some sutures there. I see like clear fishing wire.
He never had a cone. He definitely would not like that, & wouldn't work with being in the crate. I'm hoping she'll just stitch him up in those areas.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You'd think, but I don't know. There is some sutures there. I see like clear fishing wire.
He never had a cone. He definitely would not like that, & wouldn't work with being in the crate. I'm hoping she'll just stitch him up in those areas.
Most cats hate them.

Ask the vet for stitches.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No advice but since you trust your vet and she has stood by Panther I'm sure she will listen to you and do what's best for him. Thinking of you both and sending special thoughts plus a good night's sleep. :sleepycat: Please keep us updated after your vet visit tomorrow.:goodluck:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I never heard from the vet..
( It's not our usual vet, that I love, but the owner, who did the surgery). I can only assume that she saw it, thought he'd be fine until our appt tomorrow, & was just to busy to respond. I know they are all busy with appts in the mornings, then after lunch at 2:00 is when surgeries are generally done, if not urgent.
Yes, I am hoping for good sleep tonight. I didn't feel great late this afternoon. A little "off" like having high BP can make you feel sometimes.. despite meds...so crazy that dizziness is a symptom, & a symptom of the meds sometimes... Anyway, wasn't really dizzy, but kind of feeling on the verge of that. I was stressed today, & the lack of quality sleep is to blame I'm sure. Just stressed from finding the staple, & when went to email the vet, saw a couple of emails that of course were spam, but kinda puts you in panic mode, until you confirm that. One supposedly from Norton saying it was going to debit my account to renew my $599.99 plan!!! 😯 They don't even have something that cost that much, so it's rediculous, but when you first see it....
Then another supposedly from the geek squad, same thing, fur 249.99...probably same scammers...so called best buy geek squad & they confirmed it was spam, & gave me the email to send it reporting abuse of their logo. So, seeing that first thing this morning, and dealing w/ Panther was too much, on top of the past two wks!

Good news from today, my monthly client I had today ( a couple my parents are friends w/ from their church & sund.school class)
doubled my check today! She donated $160!
So that was really nice. She's also going to try & share the GoFundMe link on her neighborhood email. 🙏

Now, it's 7:00 already. Gotta fix some dinner, & try to relax!! Panther should be fine. I slept in there w/ him for 45 mins this afternoon. Then was bk in for his dinner, then again for his warm compress. I'll chk on him again after I eat.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do join Tripawds website, you can sign up for a newsletter with tips for taking care of Tripawds. It is sent out bi-weekly. I realize you have all you can handle right now, but perhaps it is something you might be interested in later. All my prayers and best wishes for you and your sweet Panther. :redheartpump:

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do join Tripawds website, you can sign up for a newsletter with tips for taking care of Tripawds. It is sent out bi-weekly. I realize you have all you can handle right now, but perhaps it is something you might be interested in later. All my prayers and best wishes for you and your sweet Panther. :redheartpump:
Thank you, yes, I will definitely have to check it out later down the line. Feel free to remind me in a month or two...🙃

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
To be honest, Kelly, I don't think it looks like a big deal. What came off looks pretty 'scabby' to me, and the staples are coming to removal time, although it seems not quite yet.
Please don't fret.. just wait to see what the vet has to say.:vibes:

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good news from today, my monthly client I had today (a couple my parents are friends wwith from their church & Sunday.school class) doubled my check today! She donated $160! So that was really nice. She's also going to try & share the GoFundMe link on her neighborhood email.
They doubled your check for Panther. 😺

Hopefully your clients will post the GFM request on a social media account.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honesty, Kelly, I don't think it looks like a big deal. What came off looks pretty 'scabby' to me, and the staples are coming to removal time, although it seems not quite yet.
Please don't fret.. just wait to see what the vet has to say.:vibes:
Thanks, that's what my friend just said, & he worked at a big vet hospital for 15 yrs.
There's just one spot that looks like it needs to be stitched, or restapled. I think I was a little worried that if he did that w/ one, hopefully he wouldn't do it with another.
..but yes, most of it looks ready.
It's mainly right here that looks like that, & where the bleeding was coming from.
IMG_20211006_073315611_HDR.jpg