Our EXOTIC furbabies

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to give a quick update. Carmelo is back to his good ol rambunctious self. He is gaining the weight back that he lost too. Carmelo gives lots of chirps, head butts and purrs for all the get well vibes he received

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Ok, this is it for now.
Auora's daughter, Lil Roar.

Hmmm, not so little is she

Oh my Gosh I love her John she is just stunning, what a beauty you are so so lucky to have them in your life..

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Carmelo is doing really good. The only thing that I am still watching is how he has been eating. He will eat, but seems to leave food behind taking a long time to finish it all. He is very excited to eat though, just seems to take a few hours to eat it all. Unlike his normal eating behavior. He could eat 5 pounds of meat in about 5 minutes in the past. It has been quite warm and humid, so this may be slowing him down. I am sure it will take it a while for him to get back to normal, since he went 18 days or so without eating. Other than this, he looks great
Well heck I missed that Carmelo was sick I am so glad he's doing better and you know we have to be jealous of the great way you take care of and love those cats, I would give anything to hug that Carmelo
Your pictures always show how much you guys Love them and that is just awesome

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Oh my Gosh I love her John she is just stunning, what a beauty you are so so lucky to have them in your life..
That is one of our Pixie Bob girls. She is a real sweetheart too. She got a lot of her looks from her Dad TommyBoy who sadly, passed away earlier in the year. RIP dear boy

Well heck I missed that Carmelo was sick I am so glad he's doing better and you know we have to be jealous of the great way you take care of and love those cats, I would give anything to hug that Carmelo Your pictures always show how much you guys Love them and that is just awesome
He was real sick, but thank God he came through. I just love Carmelo hugs
He always has the cutest expression on his face as he walks over to get his cougar hugs. He head butts me, then he will tuck his big head under my chin, close his eyes and purr. God I love that
I do have lots of new pictures, I will be posting them soon. I just need to prepare myself for the slow dial up.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone here can help. I belong to another forum called Exoticcatz.com. It is a forum of people who, for the most part, own or would like to own exotic cats or other animals. There is a man in North Carolina who really needs our help. His bobcat, named Nero, was just taken from him by the state wildlife commission. Seems there is/was a bit of confusion as to how he needed to go about getting the proper permits. This is ridiculous, he needs to get his bobcat back ASAP!!
You can sign the petition here http://www.gopetition.com/online/19365.html
Here is the news article http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2899371/
This fight is for ALL animal owners, not just exotic owners. If we can write to the wildlife commission, I think we can really bring Nero back home to his owner who loves him.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Show these to those that want to stop people like yourselves having these sort of cats and that should make them look stupid!.

These are just precious beyond words

I love this picture. Look at Carmelo looking at hid daddy with such a loving look in his eyes.

Carmelo and his mommy

His mommy loves him and gives him a loving kiss.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree 100% Susan.
Sometimes I wonder if these people have nothing better to do with their time.

Before you know it they'll be trying to take everyones pets away.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ecellent, thanks for signing
We need to get that poor bobcat back to his owner who loves him!! Give that man his permit and let him have his bobcat.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some help making a decision. As some of you may know, I am a member of the FCF, Feline Conservation Federation http://www.felineconservation.org/. I have been asked to be nominated for the position of Director of Education. If I accept the nomination, it doesn't mean I would automatically be the director, because this is an elected position. However, if no one else runs, then I would be the director, that is unless no one voted for me
Of course, it has been going through my mind, do I have enough experience to hold this position? This would also mean I would have to attend the yearly convention, next years will be in California. This is a 2 year term position, but I could continue to run for the position again if I decide to do so. I just wanted to know what everyone here thinks?

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your nomination!!

I think you would be perfect for the position!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Congratulations John!
I'd say go for it. I've already learned soo much from you. I'm sure there are people with more experience but I doubt that they could spread their knowledge the way you can. People need to be educated about these animals and I can't think of anyone better than you for the job. Good luck.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the good word and encouragement thus far
It will be a great learning experience for me as well.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i agree with the others. you are an inspiration to anyone who is truly passionate about the welfare and conservation of our little cats big cousins.

go for it!