Our EXOTIC furbabies

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, now that Carmelo is doing better, now I am in pain. I hurt my lower back and I can hardly sit or stand. I did this about 6 days ago, while opening the heavy door on Carmelo's transport cage (He has been in there to keep him isolated until he gets better). Well, I felt it a little that day, but the next day is was gone. But yesterday, while I was cleaning out Nakoma's enclosure, I was kneeling and bent over picking up left over chicken bones, when I turned and felt this sharp pain in my lower back. Well, now it is killing me. I wonder if I could get Carmelo to give me a massage with those huge paws of his

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had internet problems and just read about Carmelo's setback. Lots of healing and
for the boy and
for his daddy and mommy.

oooh, kitty massage.... Sounds lovely. :klitty:

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, we are sending lots of continued healing for our big boy and some for you are well. Try and take it easy on your back and let it heal up. Rest it up!!! Everyone needs you in one piece!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain, John.
I've had a back problem since I was 8 years old.
I was walking backwards on top of our picnic table and I fell off onto the cement patio...not my smartest move

Sending lots of healing your way.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I've had internet problems and just read about Carmelo's setback. Lots of healing and
for the boy and
for his daddy and mommy.

oooh, kitty massage.... Sounds lovely.
i dunno... if Carmelo pushes as hard as my little ones,
it might be rather painful!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I am here just taking it easy, I thought I would post a few pictures. These are of Carmelo and his recovery from surgery.
Ok, here is what caused the whole problem. A 6 inch stick that the silly boy had eaten.

Here is a close up of his belly all stitched up. It wasn't quite that red, for some reason it looks more red in this picture, but it was still very pink. Poor boy, he even had to deal with the stupid flies too. (The fly on his belly)

Poor boy

Trying to get comfortable.

Carmelo and his daddy

Comforting my big boy. For comparison, I am 6'3", so you get an idea of how big he is

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! That last photo is so cute!!! Anybody that has concerns about cougars needs to see that photo! He looks like such a lover.

I can't believe how big that stick is! Is that the piece that they actually pulled out of him?!?!

Did he have drainage tubes in him? Is that what those holes are above his incision?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More of Carmelo and his daddy comforting him

I love this picture. Look at Carmelo looking at hid daddy with such a loving look in his eyes.

Carmelo and his mommy

His mommy loves him and gives him a loving kiss.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! That last photo is so cute!!! Anybody that has concerns about cougars needs to see that photo! He looks like such a lover.

I can't believe how big that stick is! Is that the piece that they actually pulled out of him?!?!

Did he have drainage tubes in him? Is that what those holes are above his incision?
Yes, that is the stick!!
No, he did not have drainage tubes. They would have, but they knew he would have just pulled them out. Those holes are not really holes. Those are his nipples, but he had a lot of swelling, so they looked like little holes.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh Bless his heart
I'm glad he's going to be okay though.
Those pics of you and him are beyond precious, you are so lucky to have that sweet baby
He is such a good boy. I can't even begin to tell you how scared I was. The thought of losing him was just to painful to even think about. I can't thank God and all your get well vibes enough.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh they're his nipples??
Oops!

I can't believe how big a baby he is - what a sweet boy!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

He is such a good boy. I can't even begin to tell you how scared I was. The thought of losing him was just to painful to even think about. I can't thank God and all your get well vibes enough.
To you and your wife. You all have been through a lot lately

I am so jealous, I want to kiss Carmelo on that gorgeous face so bad
My DH and I were just looking at your site with pics of your wife kissing him Awwwww
We LOVE your babies

Continued prayers and vibes for Carmelo

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Dear God judging by the size of that stick it's no wonder that poor baby was sick.

Those pictures of Carmelo with you and your Wife are just so sweet.
The one of him looking up for you...well I'm just at a loss for words...it's beautiful.
It's very clear just how much the two of you love him and how much he loves you both.

I just wish all of those people who would like to see a ban on exotic ownership or the ones who beleive that all exotic owners are bad because of a few horror stories would look at these pictures.
It's very clear that Carmelo and all of your big kitties are happy, healthy and loved more than some people love their human children.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What amazing pictures John! I can't believe the size of that stick. I love how he has his head snuggled into your chest... the bond you and your wife have with him is clearly evident and truely amazing. Is he sucking your thumb in that one picture?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

It's very clear just how much the two of you love him and how much he loves you both.

I just wish all of those people who would like to see a ban on exotic ownership or the ones who believe that all exotic owners are bad because of a few horror stories would look at these pictures.
It's very clear that Carmelo and all of your big kitties are happy, healthy and loved more than some people love their human children.
Thank you very much
As you stated, it's always the bad owners who are shown, never the good ones who work hard and love their babies. I spent my whole vacation taking extra special care of him and didn't get to do some of the things I had planned. But, their welfare always comes before everything else. I knew that before I decided to own these big cats and made that commitment to them

Is he sucking your thumb in that one picture?
I believe I was rubbing his chin, but he could have been sucking my thumb. He used to do that at night when he was a cub and will still do that today. Oh by the way, Carmelo's birthday is coming up soon on June 15th
I also have more pictures of all the cats coming soon

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're very welcome, John.

Happy early Birthday, Carmelo.

I can't wait to see the pictures, but I now have a much better understanding of just how much time it takes to post the pictures when you're using a dial-up connection

About a month ago I decided it was about time I posted pictures of my furbabies...Oh my God...by the time I saved the pictures from the disk to my computer, then downloaded them onto photobucket then posted them on here I was about to have a nervous breakdown

So I swear I will NEVER hound you about posting pictures again...I'll just take them when I can get them!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! I want to cuddle with Carmelo!!! You can see from the pictures how much he loves his Mom and Dad!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

I love this picture. Look at Carmelo looking at hid daddy with such a loving look in his eyes.

Awww, I want Carmello hugs, too!