Our EXOTIC furbabies

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

It sure is and as you can see, they love her a lot. Aurora is one safe comfortable baby sleeping between those 2

Well, once I decide to get a new computer. But maybe everyone will get tired of me then. If I get high speed, there will be pictures, pictures and more pictures
We can never have enough pictures of your cats

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any new pictures to post yet. Well, I have lots of new pictures, I don't have a new computer yet. So, I am still stuck posting here from work. Been very busy at my friends sanctuary. We have more cages to build, a tiger to relocate there, plus a lot of planning for the upcomming fall festival at the end of the month. Amber gave me a HUGE scare 3 weeks ago. She got out and was on the run for 34 hours!! She got out the side door, because our neighbor's cats were there, wanting to come in. I thought the screen door had latched, but it didn't. When she stood against the door to look out, the door opened and off she went!! I was up all night looking for her and ended up going to bed around 7 in the morning, after walking all night long. I slept for just a couple hours and went back out to look for her, but the remnants of hurricane Ike where here, with winds of 70 mph and I knew it would be close to impossible to find her. We got up at 5am the next day to begin our search again. Boris was outside in the enclosure and he started pacing like crazy and Nakoma was looking intently. My wife started searching with the light and there Amber was, sitting on our propane tank looking at us as if to say well, you going to let me in??
34 hours of panic and worry was now over!! What a way to begin my vacation. I built a lockout door between our kitchen and laundry room, where the side door is. The laundry room is now a lockout area. So, before we go out that side door, we shut the lockout door so Amber can no longer follow us to the side door. If we go out the back door, that leads you into the enclosure, so if Amber follows us out there, it is not a problem. Amber does not like any other "stray" cats in her yard. I feed my neighbor's cat, because they no longer care about her. That is why she comes to my side door all the time. So this lockout door now serves as an extra measure of protection to prevent any escapes. Amber is VERY jealous and does not like any other cats in "her" yard.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! So glad Amber is safe and sound.

Ari is not fond of other cats near his house. When they come up on the porch he will growl at them.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad the Amber is home safe and sound.

Miss Amber, you little escape artist you had better not try that again.
Your Mommy, Daddy and fur brother and sisters were very worried about you!

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love your cats. I've always wanted dreamed of having a panther as a kid but the truth of the matter is I dont have the time, or the money for it. But I was wondering, is there a place where someone like me could go to help take care of them? Maybe a rescue place?

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by othie

I love your cats. I've always wanted dreamed of having a panther as a kid but the truth of the matter is I dont have the time, or the money for it.
Well you can't just give up. It's my dream to share my life with a cougar and I'm never going to stop trying to do that.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber can be such a brat at times
She is not happy with the new lockout door, but that will prevent her from running to the side door. What a bad fur kid, I tell ya
But she sure is loved

Originally Posted by othie

I love your cats. I've always wanted dreamed of having a panther as a kid but the truth of the matter is I dont have the time, or the money for it. But I was wondering, is there a place where someone like me could go to help take care of them? Maybe a rescue place?
It all depends on where you live. There are sanctuaries that do use volunteers.
Miss Amber, you little escape artist you had better not try that again.
Your Mommy, Daddy and fur brother and sisters were very worried about you!
I was so worried about her. I only got like 3 hours of sleep the one night, but wasn't even tired when I got back up. After she came home, I then realized how exhausted I was.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since I posted here. The main reason being I have no home computer at this time. So, this has meant no pictures for a while as well. But, I wanted to tell everyone about our new baby girl. It's our 4th bobcat!! She is such a beautiful baby girl. She has these rosettes on her sides that make you think Ocelot when you first see her. She is 7 months old and is another rescue. She came from the BAN state of New York. Her original owner named her Jasper, but we wanted to change her name to Natasha, to go along with our big boy Boris. However, she already knows the name Jasper quite well, so I may just leave it at that. I have and will continue to take pictures. When I finally get a new computer, I will post them

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it just me, or am i the only one who imagines curling up with a HUGE kitty cat to be one of the coolest things ever?
And as long as i don't smell like chicken or annoy them with my tummy tickling too much i shall keep my fingers....

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No you're not the only one. I've stated numerous times that I would love to adopt an exotic cat. I've already cuddled up to two huge tigers at the Calgary zoo and so far that has been the best experience of my life.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Is it just me, or am i the only one who imagines curling up with a HUGE kitty cat to be one of the coolest things ever?
And as long as i don't smell like chicken or annoy them with my tummy tickling too much i shall keep my fingers....
For some reason, Boris loves to sleep on my legs. I wake up in the middle of the night and can't move
When Carmelo was still inside with us, he loved to cuddle in bed. I would love for him to still come inside but somehow, I don't think I would get very much sleep
With young Jasper, she is always waking me up, jumping on my head. She wants to play play play all night. But God she is so cute, I wish I could bring her here to work with me

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasper/Natasha is sleeping with us now too. Last night, I had Boris on my legs, Amber between my wife and I and Jasper by our feet. I woke up during the night with these big feet dangling over my head. Jasper was on the headboard with her feet hanging off the side
We had Aurora in the bed with us too. I couldn't move with all this cat on the bed. Guess I need to get a king sized bed

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Jasper/Natasha is sleeping with us now too. Last night, I had Boris on my legs, Amber between my wife and I and Jasper by our feet. I woke up during the night with these big feet dangling over my head. Jasper was on the headboard with her feet hanging off the side
We had Aurora in the bed with us too. I couldn't move with all this cat on the bed. Guess I need to get a king sized bed
I can't imagine sleeping with 3 bob and the queen pixie all in one bed... and it's not even a king!

DH and I have a king and I feel pinned in with one cat in bed with us becasue they always sleep on or between my legs!