Our Beautiful Sweet Daughter Is Leaving Us........and Its Completely Destroying Us

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jason they are adorable! I am so happy for you. Loving another does not replace the one(s) lost in any way, but it does help to smile again. I still find myself crying at times over Meela.

David1953

My current furbaby, Simba
Young Cat
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel! Two weeks ago, I had to say good-bye to my sweet Livvy! After several months of dealing with a tumor behind her left eye and spending thousands of dollars, which did nothing to help her, I let her loving, sweet spirit go. Seeing her steadily decline over a few months was heartbreaking, but this sweet soul was still affectionate and loving through it all! After having a feeding tube place so I could feed her and watching her lose her balance whenever she walked was just too much. The final straw was one night, she seemed that she could not see, bumping into the wall and not knowing where she was, etc. The next morning, I called LapofLove, they have a website, and had a very caring vet, come to my home and give Livvy a peaceful, calm departure to Heaven. As I held her in my arms, she purred and kneaded my arm before she left, so at least her last moments on earth were content and loving! I cried my heart out for 2 weeks and to this day, I cry for her everyday. I made a memorial in my bedroom where she liked to sleep with a clay paw imprint, and ink imprints of her nose and paw, along with a lock of hair, plus her favorite toys and my favorite photo. I did this for my other baby, Specks about 10 years ago and it helps keep the memories of them alive in my heart. I miss them both terribly and just pray that I when I die, I will be reunited with them both forever...they are my forever pets!
Don't let anyone tell you that your cat was just a cat...that is total bull. My cats were like my own children, never was married or had kids. I am glad you have a wife to share your grief...that is very important! Being alone is even worse, though I know you feel as bad as you possibly could.

Please visit my page on Facebook, David Schmidt, I have my personal page and started a support group for grieving pet owners. God bless you both!

chloechance

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand your pain. My 10 year old Chloe was giving a double whammy diagnosis in Nov 2016. A rare adrenal gland tumor and congestive heart failure. No cure. No surgery to fix it. Just take her home and enjoy her. I went homeopathic and Chloe up until 2 weeks ago was doing well. I just am having trouble knowing if its her time.

What l do know is life without her will never be the same. She is my sweet love bug. Like you l have no children and my 3 cats are my kids. I also suffed anxiety and depression and my cats help w that tremendously.

What stinks is l lost a cat at 8 to cancer and a cat at 6 to a car. I seem to never get lucky enough to have my fur babies live passed 10. What l do know is l will carry her w me always. I will never forget her and l get sonething to look forward to someday. Hope all is well.

David1953

My current furbaby, Simba
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain and to lose a cat at such young ages is just so sad! I read about cats living to 20 years or more, but I never had that gift of long life. I had two cats for 17 years and my latest was only 14 years. All died from cancer of some kind! You never get over this totally, and whoever says it is just a cat, is a jerk! They aren't just animals, they love and give all they have and without judgement. If people were like dogs and cats, this world would be a great place to live. I just hope and pray that when my times comes, I will see all my babies again, but this time they will be completely healthy and will never leave us again. Now that is my prayer and hope! Heaven does have animals, I know, so am sure that our pets are there too, just not 100% sure. Wish I could know for that would give me HUGE comfort knowing I could love them in person again someday. Hang in there and you are NOT alone, believe me!

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for both of you I've been there many times. My childhood cats lived to be 19 and 20, but none since then has made it past 15 or 16. 2 have died at 12. Cancer is horrible which is what took most of mine.

They are in heaven I definitely believe that. Years ago when my first horse died I was devastated. The bond with a horse is like no other it's as strong as with a cat or dog even though you can't live with them. They're like your child but also like a partner because you're literally trusting them with your life every time you handle them or ride them. They very easily could kill a person. But a good horse will hurt itself to save it's owner from injury. I could tell so many amazing stories. But this horse became very sick very fast and was older and in horrible pain and died coming out of last resort surgery. I hated watching him suffer those last 2 days and making him go through a ride to a hospital and all the medical treatments. When he got sick the first day he gave up, the people had to hit him with whips to force him to stand until the vet got there. Once I was there he kept fighting and I never had to hit him he just fought for me. His vital signs were stronger when I was next to him so I didn't leave his side for that whole 3 days once. I didn't eat, sleep or shower, except for one quick nap on the horse surgery mat when the hospital staff forced me to because they were afraid I was going to collapse. I watched the whole 6 hour surgery so he'd know I was with him
He died in the one place I couldn't be or see, the surgery recovery room. I think he knew it was his only chance to be away at all so that I could let him go.
That night I had a dream with him. We were galloping and jumping cross country jumps which he'd loved doing more than anything in life. We were flying and soaring effortlessly over huge fences joyously with no fear and he felt young and so happy. I'm always cautious jumping and he had partial sight in one eye so had always been cautious jumping but not anymore. No arthritis, no hesitation, just joy. He looked fit and strong, he'd had a lung condition on life but no more his breathing was effortless and I was riding as he must have been when he was young but I'd never known him. The fields we were in were the most vivid bright shades of gorgeous green like I'd never seen before and couldn't imagine existed. And I knew he was going to love eating this grass forever after we were done with our ride and he was showing me how happy he was in his new home.
That dream has comforted me through every loss over the years. I've had many other dreams with this horse and my mom who died and I feel they're my guardian angels helping me with tough times and decisions at times.
I had a similar experience with my last dog. He died right after the anniversary of my mom's death and I really feel like he knew how tough that time is for me and waited to help me get through one more year. My mom and he had a very strong bond too and maybe she told him or helped give him strength somehow for a little while longer. It's funny I always get depressed on Christmas without my mom and one Christmas was tough because my dad didn't visit like usual and my dog was already very sick and dying so I knew it would be my last Christmas with him. That Christmas Eve I worked late and got home and the dog had knocked over and somehow opened an old piano bench I'd had since childhood and all the old papers in there were spilled everywhere. He was always in that room for years when I was at work and never did that before so I didn't know why he suddenly did and was angry that he made a mess to clean on Christmas Eve after I'd worked so late. Until I started going through the papers. My mom had over the years saved every card from childhood through adulthood she and my dad had ever given me, and a bunch I'd given her, and stored them all in that bench I'd been sitting on for years since she'd died. And on my first Christmas completely alone with no partner or friend or family, and my last Christmas with this sick dog I'd had 11 years on the holiday that had made me miss my mom the most, my loving dog had randomly picked this one day on almost 12 years to knock over the one thing that held so many cards of love from my family and remind me of their eternal love. My mom was very mushy with her cards and emotionally expressive and all those cards said how proud she was of me and how much she would always love me and she always picked beautiful cards with flowers and birds and kittens and puppies and she'd "sign" the cards ftom her and every pet in the house and call us all a family. And these cards were from evety holiday, birthday, graduation and special occasion for about twenty years. If that's not a direct message from Heaven, nothing is. I read those cards again for days and enjoyed the holiday with my animal family and was grateful for every moment.
My dog died two months later just after the anniversary of my mom's death. On the actual anniversary, I had a dream that he was running and jumping and young and so happy like he used to be before the awful spinal disease and arthritis set in. I loved seeing him so happy and young and painfree but kept telling him to be careful because he was going to hurt his legs and be sore later. He ignored me and kept bounding and running and jumping and was so happy. I could feel that he wanted to run and play and I hated having to warn him. I woke up and he was in his crate in his room and took a very long time to respond. The dream was so real and by that time he could barely use his hind legs and I had to carry him. I think he was trying to tell me that he wanted to go and that maybe he'd started to be between earth and heaven and was just tired of suffering maybe I pulled him back or was holding him back selfishly when he was ready to die. It was an intense strange experience on an intense day. But I'm convinced he's in Heaven now and painfree and young again, just like all other loved ones that have passed. Your pets are there too, I believe it, I've had way too many experiences not to.