Our Beautiful Mia Having 3-5 Kittens In 1-2 Weeks !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 this is the first time we've done this so don't have anything to compare to!! They are Maine Coons though so I presume they grow more and bigger than normal kittens??

You saw the photo of Mojo's dad - he was mega big at only 9 months, much bigger than Mojo is now at around 1 year 2 months, but he obviously carries the large genes! Sure Mojo will grow into that size in his own time, he was the smallest of 7 bless him xxx

It's soooo cute now... they are starting to see us ever so slightly when we are close to them and play with each other - awwwwwwww :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: they look up at us (kind of!) still slightly drunken pirates staggering around bit, haha!!

Big sister is nuzzling our hands and they are starting to purr as well!! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

I'll post updated weights tomorrow morning. Mojo was ever so sweet earlier, he jumped into their nest and had a little sniff around at them all, and then left again, he's such a sweet gentle intelligent soul. We are so blessed to have him.

Have a wonderful evening everyone xx Not taken too many photos today as had lots of work to do but I'll try to post some later from my phone xxxx

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 this is the first time we've done this so don't have anything to compare to!! They are Maine Coons though so I presume they grow more and bigger than normal kittens??

You saw the photo of Mojo's dad - he was mega big at only 9 months, much bigger than Mojo is now at around 1 year 2 months, but he obviously carries the large genes! Sure Mojo will grow into that size in his own time, he was the smallest of 7 bless him xxx

It's soooo cute now... they are starting to see us ever so slightly when we are close to them and play with each other - awwwwwwww :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: they look up at us (kind of!) still slightly drunken pirates staggering around bit, haha!!

Big sister is nuzzling our hands and they are starting to purr as well!! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

I'll post updated weights tomorrow morning. Mojo was ever so sweet earlier, he jumped into their nest and had a little sniff around at them all, and then left again, he's such a sweet gentle intelligent soul. We are so blessed to have him.

Have a wonderful evening everyone xx Not taken too many photos today as had lots of work to do but I'll try to post some later from my phone xxxx
Can't wait! :lovecat2:

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey fellow cat lovers xxx

Here's our weights this morning xx got loads to do today, but this obviously needs to come first lol :-)

Wednesday 28th 9.45am

Big ginger 1 - 285g - what a baby boy!!! :hyper::hyper::banana1::banana1: up another huge 24 grams from yesterday!! Equalled his previous Personal Best Weight gain in 24 hrs lol!!

Ginger 2 white neck - 242g - a not at all shabby 19 grams gain with our beautiful squinty ginger and white boy! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Black and white 1 - 245g - mad that this is the LEAST gain out of all of them and we are now calling her Big Sister!! She has stacked on 16 grams from yesterday - go girl!!! :rock::rock::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

and then last but most definitely not least....

setting a BRAND NEW Personal Best EVER EVER for her most ever weight gain in 24 hours....

The beautiful Survivor...

Black and white Survivor no5 - 240g - she has put on a HUGE 22 grams, Hurrah!!! :woo::banana2::woohoo::party3::jump::dance::beerchug::banana2::jump::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I tried to look for Maine Coon kitten growth charts but everyone just says they vary loads. A small fully grown girl can be only 3.5 ish kg, Mia was very lean before she got pregnant and she was around 4.5kg so already bigger than that ; she has HUGE bones though so we are hoping she will fill out. Her dad was big, but not as big as Mojo's dad. Her mum wasn't huge framed; Mia is bigger framed than her mum.

I never knew how much Mojo's Dad weighed but probably around 6kg as he was still only 9 months old when I met him.

ANYWAY we don't care how big they are - it's just everyone else has commented on how much they are gaining!! We are just going for over 6-10g per day and apart from the first couple of days they have ALL hit this which is amazing xxxx

we are just super happy they are all growing healthily and opening their eyes, they are actually starting to play with each other now!! And looking up at us little by little!

Have a great day everyone xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey by the way Sarthur2 Sarthur2 or anyone else reading this. I've posted before about that I really don't like or trust the Royal Canin brand.

And a while back that I caved and bought the 'Mother and Babycat Mousse' product. Well we finally got it, Mia does like variety bless her and she lapped it up.

Royal Canin Babycat Instinctive Mousse | Great deals at zooplus!

They come in bigger tins than one serving so will see how it goes. Anyway the reason I don't like or trust the brand is because they put lots of sugar, cereals and fillers in so they are trying to brand themselves as 'the best' and 'high quality' but it seems to me like it's a lie.

Here are the links that made me think this, for adult cats.

Royal Canin Cat Food For Maine Coons - Why Not Review It?
http://www.maine-coon-cat-nation.com/royal-canin-pet-food.html

and Cat Food Ingredients

and then:

Prescription dog, cat foods face anti-trust lawsuit | PetfoodIndustry.com

Specifically:

"
The pet food company defendants are accused of engaging in a conspiracy to market, label and sell prescription pet foods to consumers at above-market prices, that wouldn’t be supported in the market if not for the prescription requirement. Federal anti-trust laws and California consumer-protection law makes such behavior illegal, if it did occur.

In the case filing, plaintiffs stated that they and others had overpaid for the prescription formulations and made purchases that they wouldn’t have if not for the prescription requirement.

Specifically, the plaintiffs point to Hill’s Prescription Diet, Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets, Royal Canin Veterinary Diet and Iams Veterinary Formula. The plaintiffs also noted that Mars and PetSmart own co-defendant Banfield Pet Hospital, and that Mars own co-defendant Blue Pearl Vet Hospital."

So let's look at the ingredients of the Babycat Mousse:

Ingredients:
Meat and animal derivatives, cereals, vegetable protein extracts, derivatives of vegetable origin, milk and milk derivatives, oils and fats, minerals, yeasts, various sugars

That doesn't sound very good to me. Why are KITTENS having cereals in their food right from their first weaning stages??

As opposed to the Thrive complete kitten:

thrive® 100% Complete Kitten - Chicken
Chicken Breast (70%), Chicken stock, Sunflower Oil, Vitamins & Minerals.

LOADS better. So even though Mia did eat some of it, I am going to feed it in huge moderation. It looked gross, I remembered it being looking nicer than that. I guess they put stuff in it to make the cats want it more and more.

Mia likes her organic lamb mince the best, but will eat the Thrive kitten, her dry food and she still has KMR once a day or twice. She also has thrive adult just for variety but we try to keep her on the kitten specific stuff to keep her energy up.

It's mad that our super greedy moggy cat won't eat raw meat but the kittens love it. Mojo grew up on it, Mia grew up on rubbish food, like Felix Adult and Friskies Dry adult from what we could tell, just cheap stuff. Which is why we think she was leaner than Mojo, Mojo is really stocky!! And getting bigger every day still! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::worship:

Anyway if anyone has any thoughts on Royal Canin, please share, they market themselves well but it seems to me its just cheap crap packaged and sold as supposedly more than that. Just my $0.02 though.

Have a great day everyone xxx

Last edited:

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dont' think I'll be buying the babycat kibble would rather mix KMR with the Orijen - Sarthur2 Sarthur2 would that be ok for the kittens when they start weaning?? Do they have to have some kind of dry food or would the thrive kitten and bits of raw meat be OK?? Should the kittens have bowls of KMR like we give Mia as well?? xx Thanks for any help and advice xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that looks amazing Sarthur2 Sarthur2 we can't get it in the UK though. There is some wet food on Amazon UK - lol if it doesn't link you to a saucepan or something but £83 for 24 cans is a bit much LOL!!

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nope amazon is useless, you copy the exact URL and it doesn't use it. rubbish. sorry.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They might deliver but you'd need to pay 20% VAT on top I think on all imports plus customs handling charges and fees, plus international delivery - I'm good with Orijen I think!!

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hey no worries it's good for the recommendation thank you so much Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I think Orijen is canadian and now is stocked in the UK so maybe your one will be one day soon as well xxx

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So long as you can find a good, quality kitten food, brands are SO secondary!

Now, ya'll don't all pounce on me, but Hekitty eats Friskies Indoor Formula. She eats that after I spent about $300 trying to find a decent canned food OR a premium dry food that she actually liked. The Morehead City SPCA LOVES me. They got TONS of quality cat food, and Hekitty got her dratted Friskies. Yes, I tried mixing them and easing her over. She would pick out the bits she wanted and leave the rest.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello people, Here are the weights from earlier :)

Thursday 29th 11.45am

Big ginger 1 - 301g - well done Big Ginger - gone over 300grams!!! Just!! Put on 16g from yesterday!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ginger 2 white neck - 250g - a mere 8 grams for him, but still gaining and looking healthy :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Black and white 1 - 256g - 12 grams for Big Sister, yay!! :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Black and white Survivor no5 - 253g - she is no longer the smallest again, she and Ginger 2 are trying to outdo each other in that respect!! She put on 13 grams from yesterday, well done Survivor xxxx :woohoo::woohoo::party3::party3:

Would be amazing if they could all get to be over 300 grams in 2 days time when they will be 2 weeks old!! Think that's fairly unlikely, but you never know! Either way they are all healthy still and gaining well which is brilliant! :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo: